• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why DID they stop doing those One-Shots?
Kevin Feige's explanation: (Though I guess stuff like the Team Thor shorts is still more doable)

“The truth is we're a studio that has just recently gone from producing two movies a year to three movies a year, and we're very comfortable now with the arrangement we have making three movies a year,” he said. “That doesn't leave a whole lot of room for other things like one-shots.”

Interestingly, at one point there were going to be GOTG prequel One-Shots released in the lead up to the first movie.

Kevin Feige's explanation: (Though I guess stuff like the Team Thor shorts is still more doable)

“The truth is we're a studio that has just recently gone from producing two movies a year to three movies a year, and we're very comfortable now with the arrangement we have making three movies a year,” he said. “That doesn't leave a whole lot of room for other things like one-shots.”

Interestingly, at one point there were going to be GOTG prequel One-Shots released in the lead up to the first movie.
Huh. Maybe if these Disney+ shows keep going, we can bring them back through that?

I'm surprised TOAA hasn't been introduced yet, or even mentioned
I mean, we're barely entering the more cosmic aspects of the MCU right now and it's literally God we're talking about. Maybe we'll get some surprise, like imagine for a second in the next Spider Man a scene with Peter alone in a street and suddenly a weird stranger comes to him to cheer him up like in the comics, but at best we'll just hear about him or see him in a long, long, LONG time. IF he ever appears in person

Honestly I agree with this right here going to say he who remains as interchangeable with the celestials however even though there be no he who remains without the celestials he also undid all of their work by himself sanctioning off one timeline and was a threat to the entire structure of the infinite Multiverse during the Multiverse War
If the Celestials really did create the original Multiverse, they should be above HWR in terms of importance. Without, he wouldn't even have existed and they are the origin of the MCU itself (and Arishem is very likely at the top of the food chain) if everything is confirmed

Same as you, maybe swap 1 and 2 depending on what we see in the movie.
Unless the celestials are shown to also be omniscient, I don't think they can dethrone him. Even if they do end up being omniscient, I think they just tie at that point. HWR is simply too smart and has too many resources at hand. Like Dalesean said, if the celestials truly did create all of existence, HWR undid most of via alioth. He could've ended it all if he really wanted to. HWR's only downfall was purposely caused by himself out of tiredness.

Not to mention, HWR was managing everything casually as hell. Dude was just chilling around eating apples while manipulating the entire MCU cosmology under his reign.

I heard people say Ikaris will be like the new Iron Man going forward, but he seems like such a blank slate of a character
People are just saying that because he's a Superman archetype played by a famous actor so they immediatly give him a leader-like image, that's it. On the other hand, I hope he will be more than simply this (like I said, I've seen nothing from him that I dislike as a character, in fact I'm starting to really like him...and apparently I'm the only one lol)

Unless the celestials are shown to also be omniscient, I don't think they can dethrone him. Even if they do end up being omniscient, I think they just tie at that point. HWR is simply too smart and has too many resources at hand. Like Dalesean said, if the celestials truly did create all of existence, HWR undid most of via alioth. He could've ended it all if he really wanted to. HWR's only downfall was purposely caused by himself out of tiredness.

Not to mention, HWR was managing everything casually as hell. Dude was just chilling around eating apples while manipulating the entire MCU cosmology under his reign.
Meh true (kind of unfortunately 👀)

People are just saying that because he's a Superman archetype played by a famous actor so they immediatly give him a leader-like image, that's it. On the other hand, I hope he will be more than simply this (like I said, I've seen nothing from him that I dislike as a character, in fact I'm starting to really like him...and apparently I'm the only one lol)
I mean, he doesn't really do much in the trailers nor do the trailers give us much about his personality

HWR was also trying to do it nicely as possible. HWR didn't want to do it, but he knew he had to. But now we have a variant running loose who's even more ruthless and sinister than HWR is, who I presume has the same level of intellect and likely has an equal amount of resources at his disposal, and potentially even more considering his conquering mindset that HWR described.

HWR was also trying to do it nicely as possible. HWR didn't want to do it, but he knew he had to. But now we have a variant running loose who's even more ruthless and sinister than HWR is, who I presume has the same level of intellect and likely has an equal amount of resources at his disposal, and potentially even more considering his conquering mindset that HWR described.
Correct me if I'm wrong but was HWR really omniscient by himself, like having this as an inner power? Or was he simply because there was only one timeline he did everything to maintain and could observe it in its totality because he was outside of existence?

Correct me if I'm wrong but was HWR really omniscient by himself, like having this as an inner power? Or was he simply because there was only one timeline he did everything to maintain and could observe it in its totality because he was outside of existence?
I mean he knew Sylvie's and Loki's exact moves and responses when they were in his citadel which is visibly outside of the timeline. He also knew everything going on at the TVA which is also out of time.

I mean, the guy is basically Evil HWR. Don't know if he really has the same amount of resources (he likely does, at least he has the TVA now) but he definitely has the same intellect

LOL WTF remember when it was reported the second no way home trailer wasn't completed..yeah lookie here

As it turns out, your wait for the final Spider-Man: No Way Home trailer may be soon over. Monday afternoon, Spidey super sleuths noticed the film rating board based in South Korea update its listing online to include the latest No Way Home trailer. While that doesn't necessarily mean the trailer is coming today or tomorrow, it does mean officials have gotten the final cut of the trailer to review and rate, signaling an arrival sooner rather than later.

As of Monday, the film has been classified as "Application completed," and is the third-newest film listed on the site.

Even if this is basically the same as having the receipt saying the trailer is complete TAKE IT WITH A GRAIN OF SALT and still don't expect the trailer to drop soon

It's tuesday morning here in my place :v

I mean he knew Sylvie's and Loki's exact moves and responses when they were in his citadel which is visibly outside of the timeline. He also knew everything going on at the TVA which is also out of time.
The TVA part can be explained for me by the fact he had total control over it by unknown means, he was probably watching over it from afar (I mean, if I had control over an organization that allowed me to control the timeline, I would monitor it).
For Sylvie and Loki...maybe he knew their responses because they were part of the Multiverse originally and had seen their life and possibilities.
He did say though that he couldn't see everything and past the discussion with the two Lokis though so it's clear his omniscience has at least some limits

I was thinking, we shouldn't at least give "At least 7-B" for Doctor Strange and other sorcerers in a future CRT? I remember that Wong and other sorcerers managed to block a barrage of regular missiles from Sanctuary II, which were able to kill a Leviathan, while Pre-Fusion Doctor Strange Supreme with a magic-enhanced punch was able to destroy Good Doctor Strange's magical barriers (which should be at least comparable to Wong's barriers), and the latter was able to trade blows with him while enhanced his own blows with magic, if so, I think this can be used to scale to the main timeline Doctor Strange, since the only difference between him and Good Doctor Strange in general was the motivation to become sorcerers, the rest of the events were the same as in the movie

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back