• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much, wish it get upgraded slightly to higher instead baseline
Well certain characters are decently above baseline. Mjolnir tosses Thanos around pretty hard and Hela, while very weakened, far away from Asgard (her power source), fresh from imprisonment, casually crushed it in a single hand.

And then there's Surtur who one shot her when she was more powerful than she was in Norway.

Wanda after a very short struggle began to easily overwhelm Thanos and broke his double edged sword after she got her footing. And then she proceeded to get significantly more powerful in WandaVision.

Not sure if this counts as spoilers directly but I will still tag due to it's nature

I'm going to say it now some people will not like Black Widow(the movie) or rather how they handled a character because of the latter end of the movie and for some it may make or break it. I implore everyone to be open minded and not get too crazy(in a negative way ofc) about the movie in discussion here.

Last edited:
Is it to do with anything related to Endgame? (No details please)

Alright that's fair enough. There's also a post credit scene yeah?

Not sure if this counts as spoilers directly but I will still tag due to it's nature

I'm going to say it now some people will not like Black Widow(the movie) or rather how they handled a character because of the latter end of the movie and for some it may make or break it. I implore everyone to be open minded and not get too crazy(in a negative way ofc) about the movie in discussion here.
why the warning is it gonna be controversial?

I'm guessing your referring to taskmaster maybe?

I'm guessing your referring to taskmaster maybe?
If there was a way to put spoiler tag inside of a spoiler for a spoiler I would do that right now but to answer your question
yes

Finished it. I'd say it's better than what I expected right before the movie as I kinda lost all my hype with the extended time and lukewarm reviews, after all it is a Marvel movie and even the worst movies they make have a certain level of quality, but it's far from being the movie I expected like a year or two ago, and it could have been more. It's a decent spy movie by normal standards but you would expect more from Marvel, especially with regards to the Black Widow character.

About Taskmaster, I was like, meh, the character was kind of boring and just there as an assassin, there wasn't anything that justified gender swapping but she's kinda just there and failed to make me care.

It's a similar situation with Mandarin honestly, I'm not the type of person that gets incredibly triggered by comic inaccuracy but the final product brought out after altering the source material neither justified the change nor was a good character on its own merits.
Yep I'm usually all for spinning stuff and making it different from the comics yet still within reason but for this the change were honestly unnecessary and personally I have to agree and feel like it would have been more complete keeping things closer to the source in this case

It's a similar situation with Mandarin honestly, I'm not the type of person that gets incredibly triggered by comic inaccuracy but the final product brought out after altering the source material neither justified the change nor was a good character on its own merits.
Kind of funny Mandarin is coming back but he is not fighting Iron Man, its like if Mysterio appeared but he fought Black Panther

Just saw Black Widow. Enjoyed it overall, I thought it was a fun experience to see in theaters, especially after the the two gap since Spider-Man Far From Home came out.

Now as for scaling/feats:

Natasha gets some impressive durability feats, between getting caught in car crashes/explosions, and withstanding a considerable multi-story fall and landing on her feet. There's probably nothing that will upgrade her, but they should be strong supporting feats for her 9-B rating at least. Yelena and Melina should scale.

I'm not entirely certain what Red Guardian's rating would be. As a Soviet super soldier, he is clearly superhuman and stronger than the other 9-B characters (Though Yelena caused him slight pain with a strike to the face), but I'm not sure if he's meant to be comparable to other super soldiers such as those from the Winter Soldier project (I don't remember any of the mentions of the project in the movie having anything to specifically suggest scaling to Red Guardian, but I could have missed something) He doesn't seem to have actually fought Captain America, considering the holes in his story. His best lifting feat seemed to be throwing the car(or possibly some other large metal object? I didn't get a great look at it) in the opening scene.

Taskmaster should scale to whatever we put Red Guardian at, due to overpowering and almost killing him in combat. Black Widow seemed to be considerably outclassed by Taskmaster in terms of both strength and skill, and never seemed to stand any real chance of beating her in a direct fight throughout the movie, having to retreat at multiple points. Nat only stopped Taskmaster at the end by breaking the effects of the brainwashing, and not by outright defeating her in combat. It might also be worth noting that Taskmaster could replicate the fighting methods of characters such as Captain America and Black Panther, but I'm not sure that necessarily means she has comparable strength to them.

So overall:
Yelena and Melina should be 9-B scaling to Black Widow
Red Guardian and Taskmaster should probably be either "At least 9-B, possibly/likely higher" (assuming we don't scale them to other super soldiers), or "At least 9-B, possibly/likely 8-C" (if we do scale them to other super soldiers)

Last edited:
The Red Guardian thing could be explained in the future, the directors kinda answered that question vaguely on purpose. There are theories where it could be Isaiah Bradley or a time-travelling Captain America. For now I think he should stay 9-B

Last edited:
Just watched black widow and I mostly enjoyed it with red guardian and the sister being my favorite characters. But what they did to taskmaster just sucked, it’s like the skrull’s and mar-vell all over agian
Yeah that's why I said it's really keep an open mind but the movie is definitely not bad at least I don't think so, it just definitely could've made some better choices

Watched Black Widow.

Honestly, it was pretty solid. Only things I didn't really like was the Taskmaster character switch and the fire engulfing effects (the scene where Dreykov's copter blew up looked really awful). Taskmaster's switch felt so unnecessary and I kinda wanted Tony Masters instead of Dreykov's daughter. While I was caught off guard by the whole daughter reveal, I still didn't like it all too much. I have no problem with gender bending characters (Ghost, Ancient One, and Karli all felt more fitting as females imo), but Taskmaster was the wrong one. It wasn't even a situation where they just genderbent the comics version, they just made it a completely different character which just doesn't fit right with me. Also, a small little girl surviving a building destroying explosion when we literally saw flames engulf her felt kinda BS. Taskmaster also not talking for pretty much the entire damn movie except at the end when she asked if Dreykov was gone was rather disappointing. I wasn't expecting too much talking based on the trailers but at least a few words would've been nice.

Aside from that I found the movie pretty damn good. Yelena's character was super great, the action scenes were solid, and the cinematography was really cool. I don't know if it was just me, but Dreykov straight up felt more powerful to me than Hydra at their peak which was interesting. Post-credit scenes was interesting too. I'm not sure what Valentina does exactly as she mentioned Yelena taking out "targets" (which also sounds like Yelena's still doing assassin/mercenary work), but we know know she has two notable people in the MCU working for her, being US Agent, a super soldier and Yelena, a trained redroom assassin who's presumably somewhat equal to Natasha. Iirc Yelena is confirmed to be showing up in Hawkeye which also makes me wonder if we'll be seeing US Agent in Hawkeye, but I doubt it.

7.8/10

Watched Black Widow.

Honestly, it was pretty solid. Only things I didn't really like was the Taskmaster character switch and the fire engulfing effects (the scene where Dreykov's copter blew up looked really awful). Taskmaster's switch felt so unnecessary and I kinda wanted Tony Masters instead of Dreykov's daughter. While I was caught off guard by the whole daughter reveal, I still didn't like it all too much. I have no problem with gender bending characters (Ghost, Ancient One, and Karli all felt more fitting as females imo), but Taskmaster was the wrong one. It wasn't even a situation where they just genderbent the comics version, they just made it a completely different character which just doesn't fit right with me. Also, a small little girl surviving a building destroying explosion when we literally saw flames engulf her felt kinda BS. Taskmaster also not talking for pretty much the entire damn movie except at the end when she asked if Dreykov was gone was rather disappointing. I wasn't expecting too much talking based on the trailers but at least a few words would've been nice.

Aside from that I found the movie pretty damn good. Yelena's character was super great, the action scenes were solid, and the cinematography was really cool. I don't know if it was just me, but Dreykov straight up felt more powerful to me than Hydra at their peak which was interesting. Post-credit scenes was interesting too. I'm not sure what Valentina does exactly as she mentioned Yelena taking out "targets" (which also sounds like Yelena's still doing assassin/mercenary work), but we know know she has two notable people in the MCU working for her, being US Agent, a super soldier and Yelena, a trained redroom assassin who's presumably somewhat equal to Natasha. Iirc Yelena is confirmed to be showing up in Hawkeye which also makes me wonder if we'll be seeing US Agent in Hawkeye, but I doubt it.

7.8/10
Like the biggest thing holding it back is because they use the mantle of the taskmaster character, I feel like no one would really have problems if character wasn't presented to us as such and they just used Dreykov's daughter ofc still with a mask and her abilities for the plot, just not being mantled as taskmaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back