• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep so like things have been suggesting Love and Thunder will indeed be unlike any other Thor film and again as it was said before will feature the Strongest Thor yet as he goes against Gorr. This remains my most anticipated film of phase 4 rn aside from Strange, Eternals, and Ms. Marvel

Last edited:
For me it's this specific quote from Taika that gets me

"If it sounds like Ragnarok-but-more (‘Ragnarokier’, maybe?), Love And Thunder is still set to have its own distinct flavour. “It’s very different from Ragnarok,” promises Waititi. “It’s crazier. I’ll tell you what’s different. There’ll be far more emotion in this film. And a lot more love. And a lot more thunder. And a lot more Thor, if you’ve seen the photos.”

It's actually pretty interesting seeing the amount of people who'd pay $30 to watch in the comfort of their home rather than going out to pay standard theater prices to watch(well it's obvious more to it than that but still). Still though those are some good first numbers

bro what if by "the strongest Thor we've seen so far" they mean Thor (Jane Foster)
Tbh I would be happy and upset at the same time really because in the MCU we just haven't had Jane Foster as a real developed character so it wouldn't feel as rewarding as seeing Odinson really take the stage and shine boasting newer stronger levels of power however it would still be great to me to finally have a Thor in the MCU who is doing all of these insane feats and I'd honestly still be happy if we still had Odinson have stronger feats than what he has currently even if Jane Foster is stronger

So, I'm speculating here, but if we're getting the most powerful version of Thor. Maybe we're getting Odinforce Thor?

I felt it was awkward for the tone of the movie at times though, and Red Guardian was overused for comic relief
I agree on Red Guardian being overused but the awkwardness not so much. Yeah some of the jokes came during really intense moments but it was also super in character for the person who was making them most of the time, Yelena.

Bro I kinda have to agree. I'd be glad for awesome feats but really disappointed at the kinda agenda driven writing lol
Yeah, Jane Foster Thor is the kind of character in which it was clearly done to cash in on the growing feminist movements.

I hope they are able to not let her take over the whole movie or find her a way in which she actually becomes Thor

Tbh I would be happy and upset at the same time really because in the MCU we just haven't had Jane Foster as a real developed character so it wouldn't feel as rewarding as seeing Odinson really take the stage and shine boasting newer stronger levels of power however it would still be great to me to finally have a Thor in the MCU who is doing all of these insane feats and I'd honestly still be happy if we still had Odinson have stronger feats than what he has currently even if Jane Foster is stronger
Eh, for me it wouldn’t be worth it at the downfall for a liked charcter for a meh charcter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back