• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mcu minor speed addition for the god of thunder and decent addition for the mad titan

Where in your video does Thanos react to Stormbreaker coming from Norway?

Or are you suggesting that we scale Stormbreaker's flight speed to Thanos' combat speed? Because we can't, as that's the definition of travel speed on the site.

Regarding Travel/Flight Feats and Reactions​

If a character travels or flies very fast through a very empty terrain, in which it doesn't necessarily have to react to sudden obstacles, the speed in question is travel or flight speed, but not necessarily reaction speed. In order for it to also be reaction speed, and the speed in total hence applying to the character's combat speed, the character either must have demonstrated the ability to react to sudden obstacles while traveling at this speed, have a calculation made that supports the character having corresponding reaction speed/time or otherwise demonstrate having comparable reactions.

Simply being able to stop accurately at the target destination does typically not qualify, as it can be spotted from a large distance to make preparations to stop or the character could even slow down before reaching the destination, assuming we only know the average speed with which they moved.

The typical example of such cases of travel/flight speed that doesn't necessarily scale to reactions is space travel. As space is incredibly empty there are virtually no objects one has to navigate around between destinations. Just flying in a straight line from A to B would be safe. At the same time the typical destinations, such as stars and planets, are so large that they can easily be seen from millions of kilometers away. As a result a character would only need reactions equal to a miniscule fraction of their travel speed to perform a safe and precise landing on them.
It flew unopposed in a straight-line to Thor since it can home and we know through Dark World that Thor's weapons have varying speeds depending on their distance to Thor.

Its a non-feat.

Where in your video does Thanos react to Stormbreaker coming from Norway?

Or are you suggesting that we scale Stormbreaker's flight speed to Thanos' combat speed? Because we can't, as that's the definition of travel speed on the site.

It flew unopposed in a straight-line to Thor since it can home and we know through Dark World that Thor's weapons have varying speeds depending on their distance to Thor.

Its a non-feat.
Why would it have to cross an immense distance in order for thanos to scale to its speed when it only takes 4 seconds for it to achieve said mhs+ speed in my calc. which is about the timeframe for when he catches it so it should be fine.

can you so me an example of this?

pretty sure it’s not

Last edited:
Because its travel speed that involves acceleration based on Mjolnir. You would have to prove that it can accelerate to top speed instantly for it to scale. Considering things like this exist you're going to struggle doing so.

1 and 2
I guess if we’re using mjolnir as part of its acceleration then mjolnir has already show it can reach insane speed practically instantly. Not really, there are three sets of speeds for these hammers. Two of which involves throwing. The first one is when Thor throws said hammer in a way that it goes in a circle(or whatever you want to call it) mid air and it clearly isn’t going at full speed as shown in your gif or when he uses it agianst Ironman or the hulk

(0:40)

(2:37)

as opposed to his second and third set(which are kinda the same) of speed. When he throws it or gets it to return to him in a straight line as already shown in the gifs in your post.

this doesn’t really prove much, the first gif just shows mjolnir going straight up to space immediately while the other one shows mjolnir going straight down to earth immediately at the same speed while trying to get to throw(turning and stuff). Stormbreaker didn’t have to do that when Thanos caught it

Stormbreaker didn’t have to do that when Thanos caught it
Stormbreaker also didn't have the time to accelerate and wasn't closing in on Thor, which is when the weapons are moving at their top speeds.

Its why we never scaled Kurse to mjolnir's flight speed when he blocked it. Because that's all it is, flight speed.

Stormbreaker also didn't have the time to accelerate and wasn't closing in on Thor, which is when the weapons are moving at their top speeds.

Its why we never scaled Kurse to mjolnir's flight speed when he blocked it. Because that's all it is, flight speed.
Considering we’re using mjolnir as a scale for acceleration it wouldn’t matter since it’s practically instantaneous with some expectations as I’ve already pointed out

ya and travel speed can be used in combat hence speed blitzing

But we can't. Travel speed is travel speed because it requires acceleration and a straight-line performance.

Its almost never instantaneous. There's always delay between the weapon being summoned and it getting to Thor.
Ya and mjolnir can accelerate instantaneously, ya which is what Stormbreaker was doing when thanos caught it

What delay?

In everything we posted you can see a clear acceleration delay going by background stuff moving in normal speeds.
What? I see no delay in acceleration. The closeted I can see to a delay is when Stormbreaker for a sec hovers then starts moving everything else looked fine
Edit: actually I take that back, Stormbreaker just started moving immediately

What? I see no delay in acceleration
I was talking about in general the weapons have an acceleration time. You would need to prove it can reach its top speed quickly, which you haven't done. To state again, its why we never scaled Kurse to Mjolnir since its the exact same principle.

I was talking about in general the weapons have an acceleration time. You would need to prove it can reach its top speed quickly, which you haven't done. To state again, its why we never scaled Kurse to Mjolnir since its the exact same principle.
which is basically nothing, they accelerate at a ridiculous speed.I already have in fact you’ve done so as well with the gif’s you posted for dark world. I’ve already shown in my calc that it took Stormbreaker 4 seconds to cross that distance, it’s acceleration is insane. Which makes no sense, mjolnir has already shown fast acceleration and speed so Kurse should also scale to mjolnir.
edit: I just looked at kurse profile and one of his reasonings for mhs+ speed is literally reacting to mjolnir

Last edited:
d.I already have in fact you’ve done so as well
My gifs actually prove they take time to accelerate and have very extreme speed drop offs when coming to Thor.
reasonings for mhs+ speed
His speed is just MHS
Massively Hypersonic combat and reaction speed
Mjolnir is MHS+.

Saying Thanos reacted to Stormbreaker is one thing. Saying he scales to its full acceleration speed is another and what I'm against.

My gifs actually prove they take time to accelerate and have very extreme speed drop offs when coming to Thor.

His speed is just MHS

Mjolnir is MHS+.

Saying Thanos reacted to Stormbreaker is one thing. Saying he scales to its full acceleration speed is another and what I'm against.
There was literally no speed drop when mjolnir was coming to Thor

ya and one of his reasoning for that rating is reacting to mjolnir

which he should since Stormbreaker’s acceleration is practically instantaneous.

His speed is just MHS
With MHS+ combat speed and reactions via scaling off of Hela, who can casually swat aside Thor's lightning blasts before they hit her. Just... noting it down.
Mjolnir is MHS+.
So is the combat speed and reactions of the god-tiers (Granted they're 2.79x slower but still)
No comment regarding this.

Just... noting it down.
I'm not disagreeing with them being MHS+. I'm the one who signed off on the upgrades in the first place. I'm disagreeing with the statement that Thanos scales to Stormbreaker's full speed when he doesn't.
So is the combat speed and reactions of the god-tiers
Again, that's not my problem.

Wait what
The mjolnir is actually slower than God tiers speed
Mjonir is only 1133.51
Nah what I mean is, the god-tiers are 2.79x slower than Mjolnir and Stormbreaker's top speed.

Mjolnir/Stormbreaker= Mach 4312.668

God-tiers' combat speed and reactions: Mach 1545.55

Again, it's the god-tiers that are slower than the hammers, not the other way around.

Mjolnir/Stormbreaker= Mach 4312.668

God-tiers' combat speed and reactions: Mach 1545.55
But god tiers have reacted to said hammers multiple times

why dose mjolnir scale to Stormbreaker’s speed?

ok but that’s not exactly shown to be her limit in terms of speed and she did casually react to mjolnir as well so shouldn’t she scale?

But god tiers have reacted to said hammers multiple times

why dose mjolnir scale to Stormbreaker’s speed?

ok but that’s not exactly shown to be her limit in terms of speed and she did casually react to mjolnir as well so shouldn’t she scale?
My point is, their combat speed/reactions are still slower than the Mach 4312 value.

Mjolnir requires time to accelerate. Longer than it took the hammer to go from Thor to her. Same with Stormbreaker.
Barley any but god tier isn’t the point of this thread so I’ll just drop that until I make another crt. Not really, it took 4 seconds to cross the distance from Norway to ny, it’s acceleration is practically instantaneous.

My point is, their combat speed/reactions are still slower than the Mach 4312 value.
ok how about we drop this for now to not derail the thread

At the very least Mjolnir would have its own separate MHS+ rating, far above any of the characters present currently. Also at best even if they do scale to its full speed it'd only be for combat speed and reactions, not for travel speed.

At the very least Mjolnir would have its own separate MHS+ rating, far above any of the characters present currently. Also at best even if they do scale to its full speed it'd only be for combat speed and reactions, not for travel speed.
Um I never intended any one to scale to Stormbreaker’s speed for travel, just reaction and combat speed

Back