• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mcu minor speed addition for the god of thunder and decent addition for the mad titan

How calc stalk ING means no one scales? 🤨
Basically the calc staking rule prohibits the use of using calcs (in terms of speed if I remember correctly) to up the rating of a character unless said character is part of the feat/calc. For example, say visions mind stone is cacled to move at Mach 100 in one scene but in another when he uses it agianst Thor and he dodge’s it you can’t use the Mach 100 calc to scale to Thor.

Basically the calc staking rule prohibits the use of using calcs (in terms of speed if I remember correctly) to up the rating of a character unless said character is part of the feat/calc. For example, say visions mind stone is cacled to move at Mach 100 in one scene but when he uses it agianst Thor and he dodge’s it you can’t use the Mach 100 calc to scale to Thor.
Uh pretty sure that isn't the case is just you can't get an calced speed based on that
Calc staking rules mean using other calcs to calc something

How calc stalk ING means no one scales? 🤨
Basically the calc staking rule prohibits the use of using calcs (in terms of speed if I remember correctly) to up the rating of a character unless said character is part of the feat/calc. For example, say visions mind stone is cacled to move at Mach 100 in one scene but when he uses it agianst Thor and he dodge’s it you can’t use the Mach 100 calc to scale to Thor.
Yep it's basically that instead of being able to use a previously calc'd speed for another character or calc you'd have to instead calc the specific speed of said attack or whatever in that scene to scale to anyone

If anyone scaled to it that would indeed be calc staking @The_one_you_least_expect is correct
No?
That is if you calc how fast he reacted to it compared to teh beam
"Calc stacking refers to the practice of using results from one calculation in order to calculate other feats"
Pretty sure Monsterverse profiles also do something similar

No?
"Calc stacking refers to the practice of using results from one calculation in order to calculate other feats"
Pretty sure Monsterverse profiles also do something similar
If that’s the case then gimme a sec

No?
Which would be required if you're trying to scale someone else to stormbreaker being able to move that fast as u asked? So you'd still be doing this
Calc stacking refers to the practice of using results from one calculation in order to calculate other feats"
In the end

Also it's different when things have set speeds or statements for the speed of an attack or even for something else like a statement for how much energy an attacked produced something like that wouldn't be calc stacking since you're given something constant to work from in series

Which would be required if you're trying to scale someone else to stormbreaker being able to move that fast as u asked? So you'd still be doing this
In the end

Also it's different when things have set speeds or statements for the speed of an attack or even for something else like a statement for how much energy an attacked produced something like that wouldn't be calc stacking since you're given something constant to work from in series
I mean technically we’re not calculating thanos’s reaction feat, just scaling. Plus Stormbreaker’s speed would be constant see has how fast mjolnir moves and the fact Stormbreaker has been implied and shown to be better then mjolnir. Plus Thor was blood lusted so there’s that to

Stormbreaker speed calc

Chin sack reacting to it

(0:43)
this should probably be but into Thor and thanos’s profiles for mhs+

This clip wouldn't work since Thor already had storm breaker by this point as u can see in the start of it so scaling thanos to stormbreakers speed in that scene would need a new calc on it's own or else it'd be some weird contrived form of calc stacking since you're scaling Thanos to stormbreakers speed on another scene and it doesn't matter whether your calcing it or not scaling him to that speed would still end up being calc stacking.

This clip wouldn't work since Thor already had storm breaker by this point as u can see in the start of it so scaling thanos to stormbreakers speed in that scene would need a new calc on it's own or else it'd be some weird contrived form of calc stacking since you're scaling Thanos to stormbreakers speed on another scene and it doesn't matter whether your calcing it or not scaling jim to that speed would still end up being calc stacking.
Um no he didn’t, did you go to the time stamp I stated to go at in the op?

Um no he didn’t, did you go to the time stamp I stated to go at in the op?
I did I said that meaning he already got storm breaker from norway so it wouldn't work with that specific scene
It says I can’t use a calculation for another calculation so I should be fine
I'm not trying to shit on thus scaling or anything either ofc Im just going off what I'm pretty sure is right but if you say so and it's okay to scale that same speed to Thanos then alrighty then I'm all for it

I did I said that meaning he already got storm breaker from norway so it wouldn't work with that specific scene

I'm not trying to shit on thus scaling or anything either ofc Im just going off what I'm pretty sure is right but if you say so and it's okay to scale that same speed to Thanos then alrighty then I'm all for it
It took Stormbreaker 4 seconds to go from Norway to NY. It’s accleraction is bordline instantaneous so it should be just fine

ok cool

I thought the standard was just he dodged beam calced at rel speeds so he îs rel
Depends if it's in the same scene if the beam in that specific scene is calc'd to be a relativistic speeds and he dodges it could still yield a lower speed just like how some characters dodge a lightspeed(which would be a constant speed attack due to it being stated and proven to be light and lightspeed) attack in a scene but thier dodging can yield relativistic speeds it doesn't make them automatically light speed either

Just to clarify, calc stacking would be taking Stormbreaker's calced speed in one scene and using it to calculate something else moving relative to it in another scene. So if Thanos moved 2x faster than Stormbreaker being summoned in another scene, we can't say that Thanos is mach 8000 or something. This is just saying that Thor summoning Stormbreaker is X speed, and Thanos reacted to Thor summoning Stormbreaker so he should have X speed reactions.

Basically I agree

Just to clarify, calc stacking would be taking Stormbreaker's calced speed in one scene and using it to calculate something else moving relative to it in another scene. So if Thanos moved 2x faster than Stormbreaker being summoned in another scene, we can't say that Thanos is mach 8000 or something. This is just saying that Thor summoning Stormbreaker is X speed, and Thanos reacted to Thor summoning Stormbreaker so he should have X speed reactions.

Basically I agree
Yes exactly.

Think of it like this.

OK so Mjolnir's calculated speed in the blog was Mach 4312.668 (1479250 m/s).

Now suppose it was approaching Thanos in a different scene. And let's say, hypothetically speaking (Sorry boys, no Ben Shapiro BS here), It was one meter away from Thanos's face. Thanos was in front of a rock.

Thanos looks at the hammer and it's already in motion inching closer towards him. Now suppose Thanos moved to the side by two meters and the hammer barely managed to hit him but still hasn't hit the rock that was behind him. Normally Thanos's speed would be this.

Formula for projectile dodging: (Distance moved by Character x Speed of projectile) / Distance betweem projectile and character at the time of character starting movement

(2 * 1479250) / 1= 2958500 m/s or Mach 8625.364431. This is the specific value you cannot use because generally-speaking it's calc-stacking, unless it's explicitly stated to be travelling at top-speed in that specific scene. And even then, we need to be extra cautious.

It should however, still be fine to scale Thanos to the Mach 4312.668 value at the very least since he still reacted to it and caught it, since powerscaling isn't calc-stacking.

EDIT: SORRY, MADE A GOOF, FIXED.

Last edited:
Back