• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dino W said:
He's only 4000 meters tall in the very last shot he appears in, he's far smaller when he thrusts his sword into Asgard. Surtur's height ranged from 800 to 4000 meters.
Ever heard of narrative flow?

It is literally confirmed by the vfx artists that his height grows from 800 meters to 4000 meters throughout his final appearance.

https://www.fxguide.com/fxfeatured/building-character-with-thor-part2/ According to this article "During the sequence Mega Surtur grew. He ranged from roughly 800m when he first appeared to about 4,000m when he finally destroyed Asgard"

Not only that, it is incredibly apparent just by eyeballing it. Compare his size at 2:36 (the last time he moves), to his size at 2:54 (when he reaches 4000 meters tall).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2isbrbmP7g&t=156s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2isbrbmP7g&t=174s

Where? Ive rewatched the scene I couldn't find any point where we get that angle... Further theirs nothing to scale to in that image so I fail to understand it's relevance.

If we scale the rings to the width of the beam, we would find them to be around 3km in diameter. 3106.473 meters based on some rough pixel scaling I just did.

In any case, this is far smaller than the value given by the 648 meter calc.

The results would be way lower because the star is scaled to be half the size. Probably around 32 times lower.

Thing is though, if the beams are larger than before, then it would be higher since thor needed more energy for it and the star wouldn't be involved, only thor lifting the rings

The rings aren't larger, they're smaller. The rings are scaled from the size of the star in both calcs.

With a 648 meter star, the rings would be roughly 5700 meters in diameter, rather than the 3100 meters scaled from a 355.353 meter star.

Umm maybe Im missing something but all that happens is hulk gets flicked like a bug at 2:38 and slightly moves surturs uper body which is only 800 meters at that point iirc. Doubt it's going to get much.

The pen or the sword said:
Umm maybe Im missing something but all that happens is hulk gets flicked like a bug at 2:38 and slightly moves surturs uper body which is only 800 meters at that point iirc. Doubt it's going to get much.
You watched the wrong clip

Wow my brain is fried at the moment, my apologies. Yeah that would scale to surtur's dura/ap and hela's ap (Seeing as her dura is seemingly far lower) But the rest of the cast should be fine to scale to low 7b/7b as none of them afaik scale to surtur or hela.

Yeah, the rest of them got trashed by Hela.

Although this means Thanos VS Hela should be removed if the calc is enough to make it a oneshot.

I geuss it will be in the higher parts of 7-B or 7-A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back