• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot (9)
This is the closest shot I could find as you can see it's at the wrong angle, a different zoom and is when the laser is still moving. I can't find any shot that matches the first, but I may blinded by exhaustion.

Im aware just saying this is the closest matching shot I could find to that still. The first one I can't find any shot that matches, we follow thor closly and don't zoom out to seem him float through space. He gets launched bashes into rocket and lands inside the forge.

Ok the 2nd shot was at a different angle in the movie, but the 1st is there. I think it's on 1:36:40 mark. But Netflix won't tell me the exact time

Yeah that works, I found the first one in the movie, the second image you linked isn't present in the movie from what I could see. Can you pixel scale with the first image?

Also what is specificaly wrong with this pixel scaling it seems like an easier image/angle compared to this one...I also found this old blog that relates to the image your trying to use, though it appears to have been rejected/replaced with the above calc/image.

Mmh Small City up to City level if we go by IM's feat.

Thanos would definetly be at least City, and Surtur would be far higher.

I think surtur would get a likely far higher as his next best feat was him dying to the explosion. (though he could get a solid rating for tanking the first less destructive explosion.)

I have some doubts about that but we just need it calced. Also why would she scale? She gets casually oneshot by surtur sword coming down, we have no reason to believe she tanks that blast...

She harms Surtur with her big blades. Those blades are a manifestation of her own power.

Also if that's Surtur's dura then Odin would scale to it too. And Odin termed peak Hela as "limitless". So peak Hela would be almost comparable to Odin

Yet again her harming him involves her stabbing him a bunch, him stumbling, ignoring her and stabbing the ground. We never get any indication suturs taken meaningful damage.

She to rely in her strongest attacks, several massive stakes to skew Surtur. Thor won't scale to that.

7-A Surtur would fine I suppose.

Thor harmed Hela as much Black Widow harmed Bucky. The script says that Hela was only briefly knocked out by Thor's most powerful lightning bolt and quickly got up

her ap would scale below surturs dura (We still need to calc that feat)as she needed several of her strongest attacks to even stagger surtur (Still not sold on how much damage she actually did)

Yeah and its seemed to do nothing to him beyond staggering him and the lances are gone within the next shot. Heck he didn't even seem to notice hela was there, I have some problems with assuming her ap fully scales but thats just me, lets get the feat actually calced.

More rwby vs mcu

IMG 20191207 215505
And i agree with city level thanos. Dude stomped evryone even in endgame 5 years after IW

Maybe extreme pain tolerance for Surtur? Maybe he doesn't feel pain. Also of you notice you'll see bodily fluids coming out of those wounds, which means she clearly made her bleed.

Just saying, can we have a calc for Surtur swinging his sword? His sword is as big as him.

Your better off with the explosion pretty sure someone did a calc for the swing in one of the last threads and the ke for his sword was rather un impressive.

Yeah that works, though I wouldn't term that substance blood, his body seems to be mostly magma at that point.

The KE for the sword swinging was calced at about 3.6e15 joules (High 7-C) assuming it was similar to longsword and made of obsidian-like material with height of sword 2000m (taken as half of Surtur)

If Surtur's sword is as long as him, rather than half as long, then it would have 8 times the current calculated mass, and thus at least 8 times the energy (depending on if the speed scales up as well).

3.6e15 joules*8=2.88e16 joules or 6.8832 megatons (City level)

If the speed scales up too, then the result should be multiplied by four.

3.6e15 joules*8*4=1.152e17 joules or 27.5328 megatons (City level)

It should be noted however, that Surtur doesn't actually move his sword after reaching 4000 meters in height, as that is the moment he dies.

Dino W said:
If Surtur's sword is as long as him, rather than half as long, then it would have 8 times the current calculated mass, and thus at least 8 times the energy (depending on if the speed scales up as well).
3.6e15 joules*8=2.88e16 joules or 6.8832 megatons (City level)

If the speed scales up too, then the result should be multiplied by four.

3.6e15 joules*8*4=1.152e17 joules or 27.5328 megatons (City level)

It should be noted however, that Surtur doesn't actually move his sword after reaching 4000 meters in height, as that is the moment he dies.
Bruh, he thrust his sword through Asgard when killing Hela. That enough moving for you?

He's only 4000 meters tall in the very last shot he appears in, he's far smaller when he thrusts his sword into Asgard. Surtur's height ranged from 800 to 4000 meters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back