• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh he always had problem with hax based characters, mostly because he needs to close his fist to do anything and the stones don't offer much in the way of passive resistances.

Yeah that word of god came from an art director iirc and it doesn't line up with what we see in the actual scenes with the star so...See any problem with the calc? If not we can throw it in a blog and be done with this

Honestly if you want to use the wog statement and the rings are so inconsistent we could throw the feat out all together for its lack of consistency, same way we did with the actual laser. We don't take word of god over whats actually shown in the movie. We're not taking the words of a single art director over what we see.

This value lines up with all the other solid calcs in the mcu, this value lines up with suturs death and everything else we have in the mcu why would we take a shaky word of god that leads to an outlier rather then the accepted size of the star that gives us a value that makes sense with all the other feats we have?

Because I don'w want an irrelevant as hell MCU which gets ******* on by fodder of every relevant/popular verse

Anyway, rant besides, Real reason is that I think the values seem a bit off and the rings are too small since we got a WoG from someone who is knowledgable on how large the rings are

Most of the tier 7 feats are casual anyway, so this wouldn't be an outlier

There's another scene where Thor is a dot compared to Iris while Iris is barely visible when compared to the rings. Can we scale from that instead?

Except suturs death? Except all the times the cast has been knocked around by teir seven feats. Despite nothing else in the entire mcu equaling up to this feats orginal calc?

Im done with this, we have a value that makes sense and you want to use the words or an art director (Whose exact statement was it was meant to be the size of a small moon, which leave ambiguity) over what we actually see.

Um no,

Let's review with the tier 7 IW feats:

Neutron Star: Unusable

Meteor: Iron Man was unfased

Storm: Casual

Anyway, many verses (ANIME verses especially), which can get massive rises in tiers due to 1 feat, having the MCU cast jumping a few tiers isn't an outlier

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
There's another scene where Thor is a dot compared to Iris while Iris is barely visible when compared to the rings. Can we scale from that instead?
Maybe, I have no idea, if you can pixel scale it go for it, though if the value is above the previous two Im going to have to stand against it.

Im not against a strong mcu, Im against using word of god from a single (Of fifteen) art director that doesn't line up with what we see. Further Im against one feat scaling a verse that seems comfortably tier 7 scaling above a feat that obliterated a top tier. (Surturs death) Ill be against it if it's larger then the original calc, If its in the middle no problem with it and if it matches the orignal calc thats some decen consistency.

If it's 7a (Heck see my response to spinos original recalc) no problem with it, Im only going to take issue if we get something above the original calc (Or still above sutur's feat)

I have no knowledge of pixel scaling but Id like to point out the art department said the size of a small moon, smallest of moons is around 700 meters in diameter so the current size rating works in conjunction with the art departments words.

Dino W said:
Wait, I forgot to scale down the speed of the rings.
Spino calced the speed of the rings at either 916.89 m/s or 385.5 m/s. These should be divided by 18.1245910915, as they are also derived from the size of the neutron star.

916.89 m/s/18.1245910915=50.5881758 m/s

385.5 m/s/18.1245910915=21.2694454 m/s

Mass of the rings.

4.0471893e16kg/5953.94271376=6.79749453e12 kg

Higher-End KE

(6.79749453e12kg)*(50.5881758m/s)^2*.5=8.6979501e15 joules or 2.07881006216 megatons (Small City level)

Lower-End KE

(6.79749453e12kg)*(21.2694454m/s)^2*.5=1.5375569e+15 joules or 367.476104358 kilotons (Large Town level)
Can you add those calcs and Asura's recalc to your blog? I advice you to separate them with "Pre-IW" and "Post-IW" calcs.

Just re-watched the scene cant find those two frames...Anywhere, I think they're concept art or deleted scenes? The shots when thor makes the hammer and moves the rings never give us these images unless I somehow missed them.

Can you give a timestamp for the second one? I see something close to that image but it zooms in before the laser reaches the point shown in the image and is at a slightly different angle. First one Im sure doesn't appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back