• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No you didnt, you assume they are different and as such you can make any point about it you want.
I literally posted a video to backup my point what are talking about?
Only later when he talks to thanos he didnt had any amp.
he literally went out of his way to get the stone to challenge thanos what are you referring to?
You did on the OP your point that she has an aura on her hand that seems like she is absorbing energy when that happens anytime she uses more energy.
I never mentioned anything about her aura in the op
Different Thor different timeline, in MCU Loki and Thor came to earth and had an alien invasion to which Fury didnt asked for Carol but this timeline he did so its clear that their relationship is different.
Fury was literally taken out on accident so shield had to use his pager

My mistake i didnt remember that scene, it doesnt change nothing
First this happened well before Captain Marvel was introduced and clearly the directors wouldnt know about that past.
Second as far as we know Ronan only saw a very inexperienced Carol in the 90's not the same Carol with decades of experience.
Third not denying its not a conclusion only support at best.
Fourth he didnt deny it does that make him higher than celestials? Considering how he knew the infinity stones and the story told to us by the collector then he should know about the celestials.
Thanos was meant to be the big bad of the mcu so it doesn’t matter. Irrelevant carol was just as strong as she is currently. When was it stated or implied that Ronan knew of the celestial’s history or power

I literally posted a video to backup my point what are talking about?
I counter all the videos they are all of the moment the characters put on the nano gaunlet, the one time "Carol supposedly absorbed" was the only time the gaunlet stayed on for so long.
Fury was literally taken out on accident so shield had to use his pager

Thanos was meant to be the big bad of the mcu so it doesn’t matter. Irrelevant carol was just as strong as she is currently. When was it stated or implied that Ronan knew of the celestial’s history or power
I dont think this even matters Carol will scale even higher than Thanos because of The Marvels IN BASE

I counter all the videos they are all of the moment the characters put on the nano gaunlet, the one time "Carol supposedly absorbed" was the only time the gaunlet stayed on for so long.
Ok now your just balantly ignoring stuff
I dont think this even matters Carol will scale even higher than Thanos because of The Marvels IN BASE
No Thanos would still scale higher if this CRT goes through

Again moments before he snap
Balantly untrue
It changes since you are trying to claim Thanos needs to be stronger than Captain Marvel when even Kevin Feige stated she was the strongest.
Yes and he is, Kevin can state whatever he wants. If it an’t adding up with what’s onscreen then it doesn’t matter. Besdies this is only if we actually accept her sun feat so talking about this further is pointless

Balantly untrue
Clearly not.
Yes and he is, Kevin can state whatever he wants. If it an’t adding up with what’s onscreen then it doesn’t matter. Besdies this is only if we actually accept her sun feat so talking about this further is pointless
And when she reignited the sun it was also stated that it was something unlike anything she done before clearly meaning reigniting the sun is harder than beating Thanos.

Yeah, I definitely agree that Captain Marvel is a lot weaker than Thanos. A tired Thanos that fought against several characters and was almost killed a bit before that was able to fight equally against a healthy Captain Marvel, I don't think there is nearly enough ground to put her above him. But I also don't think that the AP difference is one-shot worthy, so I would personally think that she should be "High 6-B (without the +), higher with absorption", but if everyone else prefer to make her scale to a new value it's fine too.
Also, don't bring up "strongest" statement. This was already discussed in the Wanda thread, and statements like this needs to be supported by what is shown on screen. In this case, there is no ground to scale Carol higher than Thanos considering how their fight went.

Yeah, I definitely agree that Captain Marvel is a lot weaker than Thanos. A tired Thanos that fought against several characters and was almost killed a bit before that was able to fight equally against a healthy Captain Marvel, I don't think there is nearly enough ground to put her above him. But I also don't think that the AP difference is one-shot worthy, so I would personally think that she should be "High 6-B (without the +), higher with absorption", but if everyone else prefer to make her scale to a new value it's fine too.
Also, don't bring up "strongest" statement. This was already discussed in the Wanda thread, and statements like this needs to be supported by what is shown on screen. In this case, there is no ground to scale Carol higher than Thanos considering how their fight went.
I definitely agree with this.

Eh, tired Thanos could still fold Thor, tony and worthy cap despite struggling with them. So honestly I think he might ragdoll her in an actual fight

I'm not ignoring your arguments are based on a supposition which I refuted.
So I’m guessing you ignored what I said are just making up your own narrative
It's important since you are trying to bring the narrative that Thanos has to be more powerful than Captain marvel which clearly isn't supported
He is and I already showed the support. The only thing you have is a statement from a film that hasn’t even come out yet

I already did, you just ignored it
No you didnt, you keep bringing the same thing that is the power surge that happens at all moments when the gaunlet is put to use, I even brought up Tony's snap since his power surge only started once the stones reached his hands despite the stones being in contact with his body for much longer.
Pretty sure most of the user base are Americans but I could be wrong
Why would that matter? This wiki even clearly has a translation team because uses fiction from any country.

No you didnt, you keep bringing the same thing that is the power surge that happens at all moments when the gaunlet is put to use, I even brought up Tony's snap since his power surge only started once the stones reached his hands despite the stones being in contact with his body for much longer.
Ya and you keep on bringing up irrelevant points or make claims with no proof backing it up. Like this, what exactly dose Tony’s suit not using the stones power until they reach his hand supposed to prove exactly? Especially when the surge dosen’t “calm down”
Why would that matter? This wiki even clearly has a translation team because uses fiction from any country.
Ya for scans, for films I’m pretty sure we just wait until they come out.

Ya and you keep on bringing up irrelevant points or make claims with no proof backing it up. Like this, what exactly dose Tony’s suit not using the stones power until they reach his hand supposed to prove exactly? Especially when the surge dosen’t “calm down”
All of them are relevant your only proof is literally suppositions no definitive prove, there was no statement about her absorbing the gaunlet energy no statement of the power surge not stopping.
Ya for scans, for films I’m pretty sure we just wait until they come out.
If i had filmed the movie and brough out scans it could still be translated

All of them are relevant your only proof is literally suppositions no definitive prove, there was no statement about her absorbing the gaunlet energy no statement of the power surge not stopping.
I really like how you call everything I put down suppositions yet you’re doing the exact same thing. You claim the surge well come down on its own with no proof or implication. Carol goes from getting overpower by a crippled thanos to overpowering a tried one, there doesn’t need to be a statment for a clear use of power
If i had filmed the movie and brough out scans it could still be translated
Ok whatever

Eh, tired Thanos could still fold Thor, tony and worthy cap despite struggling with them. So honestly I think he might ragdoll her in an actual fight
With this I definitely agree. Even tired Thanos was able to grab her and throw her away after tanking several attacks from her with no visibile damage being done, a fully healthy Thanos easily defets her. Thought I don't think the difference in strenght between the two is a one-shot. Maybe she can take a couple of hits before she goes fully down, which would make her downscale heavily from him.
But as I said before I am neutral to where she scales exactly.

As a side note, feats performed in the new movie are irrelevant to the discussion. Regardless of where Carol scales, Thanos would scale to the same Tier considering how their fight went. So it's not important.

With this I definitely agree. Even tired Thanos was able to grab her and throw her away after tanking several attacks from her with no visibile damage being done, a fully healthy Thanos easily defets her. Thought I don't think the difference in strenght between the two is a one-shot. Maybe she can take a couple of hits before she goes fully down, which would make her downscale heavily from him.
But as I said before I am neutral to where she scales exactly.
Maybe, maybe. I guess it ultimately depends on what the mods choose
As a side note, feats performed in the new movie are irrelevant to the discussion. Regardless of where Carol scales, Thanos would scale to the same Tier considering how their fight went. So it's not important.

I really like how you call everything I put down suppositions yet you’re doing the exact same thing. You claim the surge well come down on its own with no proof or implication. Carol goes from getting overpower by a crippled thanos to overpowering a tried one, there doesn’t need to be a statment for a clear use of power
No reason for why she holding back to not destroy everything being false. And as long as there are 2 possibilities Occam raser goes to the simplest one which is she just overpowered him, and her absortion power was never clearly shown in the MCU only a variant. Also there is no reason to assume she can absorb the power of infinity stones and if so you would have to scale her to the power of all infinity stones and considering her base is at least high 6-A then the infinity stones would need to give her a boost higher than that to overpower Thanos if that was the case
Ok whatever

No reason for why she holding back to not destroy everything being false. And as long as there are 2 possibilities Occam raser goes to the simplest one which is she just overpowered him, and her absortion power was never clearly shown in the MCU only a variant. Also there is no reason to assume she can absorb the power of infinity stones and if so you would have to scale her to the power of all infinity stones and considering her base is at least high 6-A then the infinity stones would need to give her a boost higher than that to overpower Thanos if that was the case
Not really since it’s contradicted multiple times as I already proofed. Well there’s a first for everything. Nice straw man

Not really since it’s contradicted multiple times as I already proofed. Well there’s a first for everything. Nice straw man
The first time she fought thanos she was following a plan that wasnt hers, the second time she was overpowered until she used more power than she was using before.
You have no proof only guesses.

The first time she fought thanos she was following a plan that wasnt hers, the second time she was overpowered until she used more power than she was using before.
You have no proof only guesses.
Yes I’m sure the averages wanted him alive. I’m not even gonna waste my words with this argument.
Whatever you want to believe bud

It was Starlord's plan remember? HE said Tony's plan was stupid because Tony was human and said they would follow his plan because he is only half human making him only half stupid

It was Starlord's plan remember? HE said Tony's plan was stupid because Tony was human and said they would follow his plan because he is only half human making him only half stupid

If you really watched the movie then you would realize that it was Tony's plan that they were generally following.

All Tony wanted was to pin down Thanos and grab the gauntlet.

If you really watched the movie then you would realize that it was Tony's plan that they were generally following.

All Tony wanted was to pin down Thanos and grab the gauntlet.
It was clearly Tony who asked Mantis to put Thanos to sleep because they are huge friends that know each other for multiple years right?
It was Starlord's plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back