• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
???? Did you watch the movie yes it was in fact Thanos actually overpowered her and rag rolled her before putting the gauntlet on

And if you mean farmer Thanos he literally physically overpowered her leg with his injured arm

Most the things you say have holes in it
First of all, there's a lot of aggression coming from this post and you gotta chill out. These are fictional characters. Second of all, I never mentioned farmer Thanos in any of my posts in this thread. Finally, Thanos throwing away Carol is more of a lifting strength feat and not really proof that she's physically weaker AP-wise.
Most the things you say have holes in it
A lot of "nuh-uh" energy coming from this.

First of all, there's a lot of aggression coming from this post and you gotta chill out. These are fictional characters. Second of all, I never mentioned farmer Thanos in any of my posts in this thread. Finally, Thanos throwing away Carol is more of a lifting strength feat and not really proof that she's physically weaker AP-wise.

A lot of "nuh-uh" energy coming from this.
ok so then your saying stuff that isn’t true because the only time you can argue he was overpowered by carol was when he had the gauntlet on the only time he fights her without the gauntlet was When he overpowered her

Carol is pretty fast so it doesn’t really matter how far she got sent back. I already pointed out an example of his control with titans moon
Him crumbling Titan's moon and throwing it doesn't really disprove my point either. The Power Stone just used the energy necessary to perform the feat. Again, if Thanos had complete control over the Power Stone why doesn't he hit Carol and Mark 50 Iron Man with Moon Level or above attacks if he's capable of doing so? That's not how the stone works.
I was referring to when he steals the stones
It's likely that Thanos got weaker after putting the gauntlet on and having the power surge through him so that's why he struggled against Tony more.
Not really, she was shown struggling with a weaker thanos in the beginning of the film and got overpowered while he tanked her attacks
The Avengers and Carol only wanted to restrain Thanos at the beginning of the movie, it would make no sense if Carol just went in for the kill without them finding out where the stones are.
Not really, she punches him and he throws her away
He grunts in pain each time he's punched and is visibly hurt by the attacks too. Like I said above Carol being thrown away is an LS feat and not evidence that she doesn't scale AP-wise.

ok so then your saying stuff that isn’t true because the only time you can argue he was overpowered by carol was when he had the gauntlet on the only time he fights her without the gauntlet was When he overpowered her
Maybe I need to rephrase then, like I've said above I think Carol should scale to a tired Thanos. I'm not saying she's stronger, just comparable as she can hurt him during their brief confrontation. And again, throwing is an LS feat.

without them finding out where the stones are.
That is only applicable after they discover the Stones are missing, which only happens after Thanos tanked Carol's attack, was overpowering her, Hulkbuster + War Machine restrain him and Thor cuts off the Gauntlet, making it impossible for Thanos to use the Stones

Before that, they are under the impression that Thanos has the Stones and knew he is capable of still using them, so holding back is a very risky option
He grunts in pain each time he's punched and is visibly hurt by the attacks too.
I rewatched the scene with audio. He makes a small grunt on the final punch, but he also didn't make a sound from getting blasted with a photon blast. And I really hardly seem any actual harm being dealt

And grunting from attacks apparently isn't a good reason for scaling either, since BP Shuri's AP was downgraded from scaling to Namor's durability for that reason iirc, and BP Shuri only actually dealt real damage with the Vibranium claws

Maybe I need to rephrase then, like I've said above I think Carol should scale to a tired Thanos. She's stronger, just comparable as she can hurt him during their brief confrontation. And again, throwing is an LS feat.
Downscale at best didn’t farmer Thanos eat her bull rush for little to no damage and even her punches didn’t do much to him in endgame

Grunting is a bad way to judge Thanos reaction to attacks he grunted lifting unconscious hulk in the air he grunted from a kick by pre worthy cap

Him crumbling Titan's moon and throwing it doesn't really disprove my point either. The Power Stone just used the energy necessary to perform the feat. Again, if Thanos had complete control over the Power Stone why doesn't he hit Carol and Mark 50 Iron Man with Moon Level or above attacks if he's capable of doing so? That's not how the stone works.
It kinda dose, the stone pretty much destroys everything it touch. In the guardians film it was pretty much gg’s if the stone even touched the planet. Cuz that would be overkill
It's likely that Thanos got weaker after putting the gauntlet on and having the power surge through him so that's why he struggled against Tony more.
Eh fair enough on that
The Avengers and Carol only wanted to restrain Thanos at the beginning of the movie, it would make no sense if Carol just went in for the kill without them finding out where the stones are.
They thought he still had the stones, there’s no reason for them to hold back
He grunts in pain each time he's punched and is visibly hurt by the attacks too. Like I said above Carol being thrown away is an LS feat and not evidence that she doesn't scale AP-wise.
When? I just remember him shrugging off her hits. Not saying him throwing her away is necessarily a ap feat just that she didn’t really impede him

That is only applicable after they discover the Stones are missing, which only happens after Thanos tanked Carol's attack, was overpowering her, Hulkbuster + War Machine restrain him and Thor cuts off the Gauntlet, making it impossible for Thanos to use the Stones

Before that, they are under the impression that Thanos has the Stones and knew he is capable of still using them, so holding back is a very risky option
That's fair enough about him withstanding the blast but farmer Thanos "overpowering her" isn't true at all. The Hulkbuster and War Machine in this scene help restrain all of Thanos, but Carol is still perfectly capable of doing that herself. Since they were under the impression he could still be full-strength of course they would go over-kill, but still, Carol being far smaller than Thanos was only capable of holding him around his neck and his gauntlet arm, the other two grabbed him and just made sure he was held down so he wouldn't be able to wiggle his way out as she didn't have all of him held. When watching the clip you see that Thanos put up no fight at all even when it was just Carol, so she wasn't overpowered in any way whatsoever.
I rewatched the scene with audio. He makes a small grunt on the final punch, but he also didn't make a sound from getting blasted with a photon blast. And I really hardly seem any actual harm being dealt

And grunting from attacks apparently isn't a good reason for scaling either, since BP Shuri's AP was downgraded from scaling to Namor's durability for that reason iirc, and BP Shuri only actually dealt real damage with the Vibranium claws
Was about to say I'm getting Shuri and Namor flashbacks all over again with this thread. I had problems with her not being able to scale to Namor's High 8-C dura but at least that had a somewhat believable counterpoint that he was getting more dehydrated and therefore weaker as he fought more (even though that's never alluded to during the fight). This has nothing like that, Thanos was weakened sure but Carol still put up a fight, I don't know how you could watch that scene and walk away under the impression that she wasn't at least hurting him. Even looking at it from a creative perspective why would you make Captain Marvel fight Thanos at this stage of the final battle if she wasn't of some threat to him?

It kinda dose, the stone pretty much destroys everything it touch. In the guardians film it was pretty much gg’s if the stone even touched the planet. Cuz that would be overkill
Yes, but it only ever uses the amount of power it needs to depending on the target. This is said in Guardians of the Galaxy.
They thought he still had the stones, there’s no reason for them to hold back
Yeah, Marvel_Champion_07 pointed that out and that's fair enough but still that doesn't necessarily cancel out her being able to hurt a tired Thanos who was nearly killed by Scarlet Witch.
When? I just remember him shrugging off her hits. Not saying him throwing her away is necessarily a ap feat just that she didn’t really impede him
As Marvel_Champion_07 pointed out he did lightly grunt during the final punch but at the same time that isn't that crazy. Still, she was able to press him and I think it's a reach to say she isn't in some way comparable to him at this stage in the battle. Her being thrown away still isn't proof that she's weaker.

Carol being far smaller than Thanos was only capable of holding him around his neck and his gauntlet arm, the other two grabbed him and just made sure he was held down so he wouldn't be able to wiggle his way out as she didn't have all of him held. When watching the clip you see that Thanos put up no fight at all even when it was just Carol, so she wasn't overpowered in any way whatsoever.
I watched the clip. I've seen the scene multiple times. Carol pushes down Thanos' arm with her leg. Thanos then resists the push and brings his burnt and shrivelled arm closer to the screen against Carol's leg until Hulkbuster 2.0 emerges and restrains Thanos.

And it doesn't excuse Thanos, at the weakest and most wounded and closest to death he has ever been yet, quickly getting up after Carol flies straight into his body with no injury from that bullrush at all
but Carol still put up a fight
Because he was initially distracted from trying to wear the Nano Gauntlet, during which Carol took the chance to attack him
I don't know how you could watch that scene and walk away under the impression that she wasn't at least hurting him
I walked away with the same impression when Iron Spider was staggering Thanos with punches and kicks while Thanos was more focused on getting the Cloak of Levitation off the Gauntlet, until Thanos finally decides to retaliate against and utterly overpower Iron Spider

Last edited:
Yes, but it only ever uses the amount of power it needs to depending on the target. This is said in Guardians of the Galaxy.
Ya and the amount of power should have destroyed the moon, instead thanos made sure it only ripped out a couple of chunks
Yeah, Marvel_Champion_07 pointed that out and that's fair enough but still that doesn't necessarily cancel out her being able to hurt a tired Thanos who was nearly killed by Scarlet Witch.
Depends on how weakened both thanos’s were tbh
As Marvel_Champion_07 pointed out he did lightly grunt during the final punch but at the same time that isn't that crazy. Still, she was able to press him and I think it's a reach to say she isn't in some way comparable to him at this stage in the battle. Her being thrown away still isn't proof that she's weaker.

Eh, she got some licks in and thanos kinda just shrugged it off even him grunting doesn’t mean to much since he grunted at lifting hulk as phantom pointed out. In an actual contest of strength she got overpowered by an arguably weaker thanos and needed assistance. It’s kinda hard for me to see her as comparable

was the variant thing a case by case basis thing or is it just a straight up no?
Case-by-case:
  • If there is a lack of strong proper evidence that they are identical, Sacred Timeline characters don't scale
  • If there is strong proper evidence that they are identical (like Doctor Strange following the same path as his ST self until he time travelled, with only a small difference in the origin story), Sacred Timeline characters scale

Case-by-case:
  • If there is a lack of strong proper evidence that they are identical, Sacred Timeline characters don't scale
  • If there is strong proper evidence that they are identical (like Doctor Strange following the same path as his ST self until he time travelled, with only a small difference in the origin story), Sacred Timeline characters scale
Ya this is definitely gonna need a bit of tweaking. Besdies the whole party Thor thing she’s shown to have the same relationship with fury like her mainline counterpart. Which would imply she went through all the events in the captain marvel film

so when Thanos hit carol with the power stone does his body have to be as durable as the power he used to one shot her
Eh, the feat is treated as more of a Stats Amp of using the Power Stone, but surviving holding an Infinity Stone is considered an impressive durability feat.

So I'm not very sure

You can make the argument that the amp is only for his AP/SS and not his Durability, but I'm not 100% certain how we treat such a feat

Couldn't we treat it as Thanos being amped by the Power Stone the same way as Ronan was but only for that brief moment?

Meaning a unquantifiably Power Stone Amped Fatigued Thanos's Striking Strength > Captain Sue's Durability (Who's more or less fresh in terms of stamina) enough to incapacitate her for a while.

This is a bit long so I’m gonna separate these into 4 points

Some of you may or may not have noticed but when the nanotech gauntlet has all the stones on and someone is wearing it, it is constantly going off weather the user’s hand is closed or not or even if there not using it. It’s always going off, this is best shown with prof hulk

(2:28)

The only time this surge of energy has been stopped (besides carol who I’ll be talking about in a sec) is when tony yonked the stones from the gauntlet.

(0:19)

Yet when carol comes into contact with the gauntlet with all the stones and thanos wearing it with the surge and all. It instantly stops giving off energy

(2:06)

This would led me to believe that she absorbed the energy from the gauntlet to then gain the power advantage over thanos. This we’ll then led me into my next point.

That makes no sense the only times we see the nano gauntlet being used is when they just put it on. We see something similar with the infinity gauntlet as Thanos had a power surge the moment the gauntlet was put on but calmed down later, it could very well be the same thing. Also would like to point out that Thanos didnt found it weird when he was about to snap but no power surge was happening. Also again Tony had the stones on his armour since the moment he took them from thanos but the power surge only started when the stones when on the back of his hand, should also take into acount that Ultron in What if had the stones on his chest to the location of the stones doesnt matter.
Carol is not constantly show to be above Thanos’s lvl. She is shown to no sell his attacks and completely overpower him after she comes into contact with the surging gauntlet. She is not shown to be able to overwhelm and overpower thanos to this extent on multiple occasions.

Number one

(2:10)

Despite getting the drop on a crippled chin sack he was able to somewhat tank her blast and attack and even gradually and quickly overpower her leg until hulkbuster came in for the assist. If she was constantly shown to be stronger then chin sack she should have atleast been able to daze him and or hold his arm completely still. Especially since your legs are generally stronger then your arms. This is especially true when you consider the fact that the avengers had no reason to hold back agianst thanos when they thought he still had access to all the stones.

Number Two

(1:56)

Thanos is shown able to take multiple attacks from carol just fine and not get rag dolled. This is again another contradiction to her supposedly being above the mad titan. This also leads me into another one of my points
Means nothing she could very well be holding back or adapting her power to the oponent so to not destroy her surroundinds, since you menationed What if captain marvel .
Number Three

https://youtu.be/LMLJPDPVlUc
(2:27)

Carol gets her lights knocked out by a single power stone blasts. Now while this might not seem like much her fellow hero tony stark is capable of taking multiple blasts from Thanos
Really bad point we have no idea how much power Thanos uses, the power stone has been shown to be able to destroy a planet or a moon we do not assume the same power level is used whenever its used.
https://youtu.be/sFFwvr6l2mM
(0:34)

Tony’s IW suit is pretty clearly below base thanos considering his fight in endgame with a more advanced suit.

Number Four .

In the guardians film Ronan tries to challenge thanos with the power stone but korath tires to warn him

https://youtu.be/9jFMhrxTXDc
(0:30)

Ronan dosen’t disagree with korath’s statement of thanos being the strongest, despite the fact he saw carols powers first hand

https://youtu.be/ATxnB3hdh5A
(0:46)
Ronan was also planning on betraying Thanos and he feared him so why would he contradict him?
Thanos was most likely very tired, battered and overall not at his best before fighting carol. The reason I say this is because of a couple of reasons. For one he had a foursome with the Trinity

7119645-ezgif-6-c5e48b3b8862.gif

Got wombo comboed by Steve

7140249-cap%20vs%20thanos.gif

Got his checks clapped by a bloodlusted Wanda

7124720-ezgif-6-d8dabce5d036.gif

We even see him start to struggle with Thor a bit and being brought down to his knee

7887104-thor3.gif

While he did one shot him with a headbutt, this should still be telling of his physically state.

Then momentarily tank the energy of the gauntlet

https://youtu.be/LMLJPDPVlUc

(2:07)

Which we already know from banner, said energy can be damaging

https://youtu.be/yzrjibEGwlg
(2:33)

This brings me to my final point

Besides the instance of carol seemly shown sucking the gauntlets power and getting a massive amp, she’s shown another instance (in another timeline thought)

https://youtu.be/_9CBoPoCLTI

It’s pretty clear cut here that she’s absorbing Thor’s lighting here. With it being somewhat similar to what happened to her fight with thanos. With her getting a boost and starting to manhandle Thor for a bit. And while you may have grips with the power lvls and all that for scaling to there mainline counterparts, abilities wise there pretty much the same.
She always has an aura around her when she uses big amounts of energy and i dont want to be talking about this because its spoiler
She used a much bigger aura while reigniting the sun

Edit:
In terms of scaling carol should be able to scale to her variant in the party Thor episode seeing as she’s shown to have the same relationship with fury like her mainline counterpart. Which would imply she went through all the events in the captain marvel film plus she has the exact same powers with the only difference being encountering Thor much earlier

So in the end carol should probably be

“6-B,higher with energy absorption”

either way she shouldn’t be above thanos at her base
Mostly guesses, and point with little evidence.

Couldn't we treat it as Thanos being amped by the Power Stone the same way as Ronan was but only for that brief moment?

Meaning a unquantifiably Power Stone Amped Fatigued Thanos's Striking Strength > Captain Sue's Durability (Who's more or less fresh in terms of stamina) enough to incapacitate her for a while.
Deleted my comment, shit Makes sense to me

This site treats Thanos as not getting amped at all by the stones but if that was the case Thanos wouldn’t of been hurt by grabbing the power stone cause his durability was amped to match it or no

This site treats Thanos as not getting amped at all by the stones
For Infinity War

Endgame has one exception of Thanos punching CM with the Power Stone
but if that was the case Thanos wouldn’t of been hurt by grabbing the power stone cause his durability was amped to match it or no
I guess Ronan is a special case where it was an all-around amp for all his stats, whereas Thanos' is just SS/AP by using the Power Stone for a punch?

It still makes no sense to me if you say his durability was amped to the level of punch he shouldn’t be injured from holding it cause of the amp if you say his durability didn’t go up then his arm should’ve been destroyed or at least badly messed up from the punch

It still makes no sense to me if you say his durability was amped to the level of punch he shouldn’t be injured from holding it cause of the amp if you say his durability didn’t go up then his arm should’ve been destroyed or at least badly messed up from the punch
Both Ronan and Thanos were in pain when holding the Power Stone then became acclimated to power.

The first thing Ronan did when he was able to handle the Power Stone was put it in the Cosmic Rod, then threaten Thanos

The first thing Thanos did when he was able to handle the Power Stone was punch Captain Sue in the face, then place the stone in the gauntlet

That makes no sense the only times we see the nano gauntlet being used is when they just put it on. We see something similar with the infinity gauntlet as Thanos had a power surge the moment the gauntlet was put on but calmed down later, it could very well be the same thing. Also would like to point out that Thanos didnt found it weird when he was about to snap but no power surge was happening. Also again Tony had the stones on his armour since the moment he took them from thanos but the power surge only started when the stones when on the back of his hand, should also take into acount that Ultron in What if had the stones on his chest to the location of the stones doesnt matter.
Different gauntlets different reactions, the nano gauntlet pretty clearly doesn’t “calm down” as I already pointed out. Because he doesn’t know how this gauntlet works so that’s irrelevant.
Means nothing she could very well be holding back or adapting her power to the oponent so to not destroy her surroundinds, since you menationed What if captain marvel .

Really bad point we have no idea how much power Thanos uses, the power stone has been shown to be able to destroy a planet or a moon we do not assume the same power level is used whenever its used.
Ronan was also planning on betraying Thanos and he feared him so why would he contradict him?
Watch the movie
She always has an aura around her when she uses big amounts of energy and i dont want to be talking about this because its spoiler
She used a much bigger aura while reigniting the sun
Gonna assume your responding to lacku
Mostly guesses, and point with little evidence.
The entire point of an alt timeline is that a character diverges from the main timeline for doing something different then there main counterpart while everyone dose the same thing(most of the time). The main divergence in the timeline is party Thor, unless there’s evidence that carol meet Fury differently then I see no reason not to assume she’s the same as her main counterpart

Different gauntlets different reactions, the nano gauntlet pretty clearly doesn’t “calm down” as I already pointed out. Because he doesn’t know how this gauntlet works so that’s irrelevant.
Again the only times we see the nano gaunlet is right the moment is used, Banner as soon as he put it on he snapped which was actually very similar to what happened when Thanos was about to snap but got interrupted by Thor, we see the power surge and he was about to snap just like banner but it stop after some time, Tony snaped while the power surge was still happening.
Watch the movie
I did thats why i said what i said
Gonna assume your responding to lacku
The aura on her arms is a result of a lot of energy if you still would like to go that way by your words she is absorbing the infinity stones at this moment
6997841-1013476014-Optim.gif

Look she has a bigger aura on her arms its the infinity stones clearly.
The entire point of an alt timeline is that a character diverges from the main timeline for doing something different then there main counterpart while everyone dose the same thing(most of the time). The main divergence in the timeline is party Thor, unless there’s evidence that carol meet Fury differently then I see no reason not to assume she’s the same as her main counterpart
You know that timeline clearly has a plot hole since Thor was never sent to earth as punishment but Mjolnir still has the enchantment. Also funny to point out that she was not absorbing Infinity ultron's power despite being in direct contact with him like what happened in Endgame.

Again the only times we see the nano gaunlet is right the moment is used, Banner as soon as he put it on he snapped which was actually very similar to what happened when Thanos was about to snap but got interrupted by Thor, we see the power surge and he was about to snap just like banner but it stop after some time, Tony snaped while the power surge was still happening.
That is untrue as I already point out in the op
I did thats why i said what i said
Ronan get big power up and challenges thanos
The aura on her arms is a result of a lot of energy if you still would like to go that way by your words she is absorbing the infinity stones at this moment
6997841-1013476014-Optim.gif

Look she has a bigger aura on her arms its the infinity stones clearly.
Laku is the only one that brought this up so I don’t care
You know that timeline clearly has a plot hole since Thor was never sent to earth as punishment but Mjolnir still has the enchantment. Also funny to point out that she was not absorbing Infinity ultron's power despite being in direct contact with him like what happened in Endgame.
different Thor, different methods to rain him in besides that doesn’t affect carol since that only pertains to Thor . Irrelevant, I’m not talking about that variant of carol

That is untrue as I already point out in the op
No you didnt, you assume they are different and as such you can make any point about it you want.
Only later when he talks to thanos he didnt had any amp.
Laku is the only one that brought this up so I don’t care
You did on the OP your point that she has an aura on her hand that seems like she is absorbing energy when that happens anytime she uses more energy.
different Thor, different methods to rain him in besides that doesn’t affect carol since that only pertains to Thor . Irrelevant, I’m not talking about that variant of carol
Different Thor different timeline, in MCU Loki and Thor came to earth and had an alien invasion to which Fury didnt asked for Carol but this timeline he did so its clear that their relationship is different.

My mistake i didnt remember that scene, it doesnt change nothing
First this happened well before Captain Marvel was introduced and clearly the directors wouldnt know about that past.
Second as far as we know Ronan only saw a very inexperienced Carol in the 90's not the same Carol with decades of experience.
Third not denying its not a conclusion only support at best.
Fourth he didnt deny it does that make him higher than celestials? Considering how he knew the infinity stones and the story told to us by the collector then he should know about the celestials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back