• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Captain America's 9-A tier

Is Cap automatically stronger the moment he wields the shield? He doesn't seem to do more damage tackling people with his shield than if Bucky were to punch something with his metal arm and him cutting things with the shield can be explained as it having a sharp edge.

His best attacks are with the shield either via throw or via bashing. It's accomplished not simply by his own physical strength but by his combat skill.

Look at how he throws, he spins around adding more oomph to it.

Besides, hitting with a nigh-indestructible disk > hitting with a fleshy arm.

I get how effective his shield is but it's just a weapon. Bucky has a metal arm that can dent Iron Man's armor by squeezing and Cap could only dent his armor with the edge of the shield.

@Natse: Edge of shield bashing at Tony's chestplate = sharp point, Bucky's fingers denting inward Tony's chestplate = sharp point.

Bucky's arm = physically stronger than Cap though only slightly, the rest of his body is below Cap though so it balances out.

@God-King Superman77: No. Not everyone has the same skill in wielding it like Cap does. Clint can throw as well as Cap, but not as strong (iirc he used 2 hands to pass the shield to Cap in the fight against Iron Legion body Ultronbots). Widow can wield it well enough in h2h, but doesn't have the strength and the skill with it.

Thor >>> Cap, shield or no.

TL;DR, they still need Cap's strength and skill to reach 9-A.

Cap would practically beat anyone in marvel,in a speed and strength EQed,H2H match.so it's as much cap as the sheild.

God-King Superman77 said:
So is everyone who wields it 9-A
nah, caps body plays a hugh part in how effective the shield is, im sure tony without iron man wont reach the same feats as cap :)

im sure tony without iron man wont reach the same feats as cap :)
12734141 971399842951130 4739976622066935756 n
Of course he can't. This is a normal human in a metal suit, and a super soldier with knowledge of martial arts and is capable of feats like catching up to a motorcycle, throwing motorcycles and pulling down helicopters.

^the shield is simply a durable weapon that concentrates his striking strength at one point, theoretically he should get such results with any highly-durable edged weapon (like a vibranium spear or sword) :)

KazarianFahs said:
the "shield is gone" thing is from the newest movie, Captain AMerica: Civil War, if you havent i think i should stop now before spoiling you ^_^

GreatestSin said:
the "shield is gone" thing is from the newest movie, Captain AMerica: Civil War, if you havent i think i should stop now before spoiling you ^_^
is there an mcu discussion thread?

GreatestSin said:
KazarianFahs said:
IK,but you do realise like there's nothing like "captain america without shield" his shield is like,thor's hammer,or haweye's bow or iron man's suit,just that he is still about as effective without it but it does give him a nice boost.It has been broken multiple times in comics now first time in the MCU,10 bucks says he gets his new shield within 20mins of the next movie.

^his shield isnt broken, he gave it up because...not sure, i dont want to spoil in case you didnt watch the movie ^_^

@god-king

ask a mod, maybe you can create one in the "general discussion" -section :D

I didn't watch the movie,i read the comics tho,the proposition of such scale of civil war was unplateable to me,hence didn't watch,anyway,i was referring to the fact that cap doesn't stay without his shield for long.

Meh,all the iron man stroking in the marvel movies has really turned me off so far,all avengers movies are basically "iron man and his super friends" so far and i despise the cinematic depiction of cap,except winter soldier,but then failed with cap again in avengers 2. i don't wanna watch this movie and karate chop my PC,unless someone absolutely guarantees me that this movie is atleast 50% as good as this part from the civil war comics https://goo.gl/7jmhw9

PS-sorry i don't mean to derail this thread

But here's what I thinking. Should Cap be considered 9-A with the shield or just 9-B with an Attack Potency of Wall level+? If he's considered 9-A, then that would be implying that the shield automatically makes him 50 times stronger than if he didn't have it.

^i would say he is 9A on his own, afterall the shield is simply a tool, anythign else that fullfils the needed durability and the edged side will work ^_^

He can't concentrate all that force in his fist though, hence his use of the shield's edge.

In the Civil War movie....

SPOILERS

The only times he ever damaged Iron Man was when he was whacking with the shield, his hands did nil.

^this is why i said he would need a tool that fulfills his criteria, but in the end it is him who does the job, rurouni kenshin also uses his sword but the one who actually moves the tool and attacks with it is his body :)

if the shield had some amplification powers or something that makes it more special than a highyl durable shield i would vote for a "cap is 9A with shield"

Well, Kenshin doesn't really throw his sword.

Cap throws his shield and fights barehanded 40% of the time, hence the reason he has a barehanded rating.

I'll give that to the admin though.

Natse said:
But here's what I thinking. Should Cap be considered 9-A with the shield or just 9-B with an Attack Potency of Wall level+? If he's considered 9-A, then that would be implying that the shield automatically makes him 50 times stronger than if he didn't have it.
Wall level+ is high end Wall level which is 2-5 kg TNT ,assuming that Cap is somewhere between there then being Room level wouldn't be that far away.

In reality his Shield doesn't add energy to his attacks but it's the fact that it is super hard that makes it possible to damage any material that isn't as hard.Our energy scale isn't perfect and we have to find a way to rate this small details so personally i'm fine with Room level with his shield.

Back