• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel_Champion_07

VS Battles
Retired
Last edited:
Why would Ant-Man;s durability be scaled from the creation of the crater which was accomplished through the power of dozens of missiles / blasts, and he only took a fraction of a single missile?

Likewise for Rocket who I don't recall being hit by any of the explosions.

Why would Ant-Man;s durability be scaled from the creation of the crater which was accomplished through the power of dozens of missiles / blasts, and he only took a fraction of a single missile?

Likewise for Rocket who I don't recall being hit by any of the explosions.
This is just a recalc of one that is already being used on Ant-Man's profile, and the explanation for using the feat is in the comments of the original blog. Also, the big missile explosion seemed to do majority of the destruction to the area, since the smaller ones seemed to just be destroying the building and weren't making any noticeable craters

Also, there is still the Kang energy blast thing

Last edited:
This upgrades a lot of the 9-B characters, except for the Netflix characters (probably)
I wanna touch on this before anyone asks why

Any kind of scaling that the 9-A feat would have to the Defenders guys is through Kate Bishop. People argue that she's taken hits from Yelena, but consider the following:
A) Yelena was playing around with Kate and makes this very clear. Only once she faces Hawkeye does she have a noticeable attitude and combative change. Part of this is due to Natasha stuff, but the other is that he's a much better combatant
B) Guys like Daredevil are consistently 9-B. Against the only 9-A in the cast (Black Sky Elektra), they get their asses handed to them even when attacking her in greater numbers at once
C) Kate Bishop is consistently portrayed as much weaker than Hawkeye/Black Widow tier characters. You can definitely argue her durability is greater than her AP, but would it really make sense for characters that are consistently 9-B (ex. Daredevil) who get their asses handed to them when encountering a baseline 9-A to suddenly scale to a 9-A through a character portrayed as far weaker than characters that due to the Ant-Man calc, would scale higher into 9-A and have only ever really swatted her away in combat, if not straight up just toyed with her due to her inexperience and lack of strength in comparison

Alright, so now that I've let that out, I'll discuss the actual revisions. I'm iffy on Kang given that entire movie took place in a realm in which everybody was at an incredibly small size. If Kang, for example, used his blasts against somebody at a normal size while he was at the size he was during the film, I doubt they'd get hurt

Last edited:
I wanna touch on this before anyone asks why

Any kind of scaling that the 9-A feat would have to the Defenders guys is through Kate Bishop. People argue that she's taken hits from Yelena, but consider the following:
A) Yelena was playing around with Kate and makes this very clear. Only once she faces Hawkeye does she have a noticeable attitude and combative change. Part of this is due to Natasha stuff, but the other is that he's a much better combatant
B) Guys like Daredevil are consistently 9-B. Against the only 9-A in the cast (Black Sky Elektra), they get their asses handed to them even when attacking her in greater numbers at once
C) Kate Bishop is consistently portrayed as much weaker than Hawkeye/Black Widow tier characters. You can definitely argue her durability is greater than her AP, but would it really make sense for characters that are consistently 9-B (ex. Daredevil) who get their asses handed to them when encountering a baseline 9-A to suddenly scale to a 9-A through a character portrayed as far weaker than characters that due to the Ant-Man calc, would scale higher into 9-A and have only ever really swatted her away in combat, if not straight up just toyed with her due to her inexperience and lack of strength in comparison

Alright, so now that I've let that out, I'll discuss the actual revisions. I'm iffy on Kang given that entire movie took place in a realm in which everybody was at an incredibly small size. If Kang, for example, used his blasts against somebody at a normal size while he was at the size he was during the film, I doubt they'd get hurt
EDIT: I forgot that in terms of shrinking guys like Ant-Man, he still retains the same AP and Durability. Nevermind, Scott tanking the blast should be fine. The calc is also fine as long as the specifics of it are applicable

I agree with all of this assuming the calc is usable.

There is currently a lack of solid evidence to support Netflix characters scaling, but we'll have to see whether or not the Echo series changes that in a few months.

I forgot that in terms of shrinking guys like Ant-Man, he still retains the same AP and Durability. Nevermind, Scott tanking the blast should be fine.
Likewise the Quantum Realm works so weird that its size could vary from 11-C to Low 1-C depending on the statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back