• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Apparently the size of the area Thor shattered was the size of the Grand Canyon times hundered stated by vfx
8701610-e6c0989c-ccaf-4a0b-9901-6f21a9febcc2.png

Link to source of screen shot:
https://www.artofvfx.com/thor-eric-fernandes-superviseur-3d-digital-domain/amp/

So is there gonna be a recalc for the joutehiem thing
There already is thats where the high 6-B comes from but if no source or quote confirming hollowness isn't found so it'd need to be redone without it and would likely hit at least 6-A maybe high 6-A or actually wait is it already without hollowness?

There already is thats where the high 6-B comes from but if no source or quote confirming hollowness isn't found so it'd need to be redone without it and would likely hit at least 6-A maybe high 6-A or actually wait is it already without hollowness?
Pretty sure the calc is without hollowness. I thought it might be higher since it’s technically far bigger then earth

I was thinking that would be more supporting evidence. But why wouldn’t it go threw?
I remember the whole debate was something like Thor breaking the Bifrost bridge doesn't scale him to that energy because he only broke the containment. I don't remember the whole thing (cause I don't agree with it). But I remember someone tried arguing that it's similar to defusing a bomb. Just cause you cut the cord doesn't mean you scale to the bomb. It was something like that.

I remember the whole debate was something like Thor breaking the Bifrost bridge doesn't scale him to that energy because he only broke the containment. I don't remember the whole thing (cause I don't agree with it). But I remember someone tried arguing that it's similar to defusing a bomb. Just cause you cut the cord doesn't mean you scale to the bomb. It was something like that.
That’s nothing like this situation

Reading the script, I found a statement that says this:

"Thor and the others turn and stare out in horror and wonder
at the frozen alien wasteland before them. The whole planet
is a massive flattened ring of jagged ice, slowly breaking
apart. Huge CHUNKS OF ICE calve away from its outer edges
and float off into space. The planet's icy surface cracks
and melts as far as the eye can see. The ruins of a Jotun
city lies in the distance."

Not sure what the flattened ring of jagged ice means but the movie shows the planet to be perfectly spherical.

Script here.

Reading the script, I found a statement that says this:

"Thor and the others turn and stare out in horror and wonder
at the frozen alien wasteland before them. The whole planet
is a massive flattened ring of jagged ice, slowly breaking
apart. Huge CHUNKS OF ICE calve away from its outer edges
and float off into space. The planet's icy surface cracks
and melts as far as the eye can see. The ruins of a Jotun
city lies in the distance."

Not sure what the flattened ring of jagged ice means but the movie shows the planet to be perfectly spherical.
Does this affect the calc?

Back