• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mavis Vermilion vs Nagato (Six Paths of Pain)

Mavis and Nagato don't know about localization of real body of opponnent.

Fight ends when all paths or ilussionary body of Mavis are destroyed/sealed/banished etc...

Pain's chakra is limitless but he still have time limit of Shinra Tensei

Mavis ethernano source is infinite (as of Lumen Historie)

Mavis can cast all spells that she used in past and theese wchich required human as medium via her Illusionary body

Pain can see Mavis Illusionary Body

Range: 100 meteres between 6PoP and Mavis IB ;Nagao Body is in Alabasta ; Mavis body is in Skypia

Intent: Random encounter; to disable opponent (as noone can die in such a fight)

Ok, however more informations how he will accomplish would be very helpful. Also how can he survive Fairy Giltter? (City Level attack) if he is Town level in durability

What stops Nagato from summoning the Gedo Mazo. It's soul stealing will destroy Mavis, and it can chain down all of the tailed beats at once. She just can't win against it.

It doesn't even need to steal her soul it just outright wraps her in chains and she can't escape(it held all 9 biju at the same time, and it wasn't really trying). Does chakra = magic?

Well yes but Mavis has acces to Fairy Heart so it means her magic/chacra/whatever energy is limitless. She can't be defeated in that way; even if she can't stop drainig she can outlast it (i doubt Nagato can keep it summoned infinitelly). She is also immortal while he isn't.

hmm that true. To be honest I'm not all that sure how mavis' illusion body works, but I guess chibaku tensei spam could help him win.

Well but mavis can spam Fairy Sphere (Small Island Level forcefield) and Fairy Gliltter( City Level attack), Law (attack that ignores durability of target). If the 2 last ones can't destroy paths of Pain it is inconclusvie unless Pain is capable of sealing her.

This could really be an endless battle. Preta path absorbs all attacks, and Naraka path revives any who fall to fairy glitter. Deva path just sits in the back spamming chibaku tensei while the animal and asura paths distract her. Human path is useless in combat so he just sacrifices it to take attacks aimed at the Naraka path. Also I don't see the point of fairy law it is just one big no limits fallacy.

I didn't say that Law can one hit ko Pain (it would be riddiculous)I just listed mavis attacks (as her death predation would be useles against dead bodies) . However considering whole situation i think it schould be put in inconclusives.

It's not a no limits fallacy, it's an attack that ignores durability. The attack kills all that is a threat to Mavis and her friends. Mavis could potentially fly and repeatedly spam it, as well as fairy glitter. Mavis takes this with high difficulty. Her hacks are just too strong and she is immortal, her death magic would also stomp, her non-corporeal body is intangible, chibaku tensei would do nothing. But considering no one can die, it's inconclusive.

WhiteSnakeSage said:
It's not a no limits fallacy, it's an attack that ignores durability. The attack kills all that is a threat to Mavis and her friends. Mavis could potentially fly and repeatedly spam it, as well as fairy glitter. Mavis takes this with high difficulty. Her hacks are just too strong and she is immortal, her death magic would also stomp, her non-corporeal body is intangible, chibaku tensei would do nothing. But considering no one can die, it's inconclusive.
that.. that is the definition of NLF.

I'd say Mavis because of Fairy Heart and the Contradictory Curse. Also, if Nagato gets close to Mavis, even with the Soul Reaping Dragon, how does he evade that? Anytime I've seen Nagato use it, he's always near the target/victim.

LordLuminous said:
I'd say Mavis because of Fairy Heart and the Contradictory Curse. Also, if Nagato gets close to Mavis, even with the Soul Reaping Dragon, how does he evade that? Anytime I've seen Nagato use it, he's always near the target/victim.
you are overlooking the enormous speed advantage in nagato's favour. he stomps.

It would be easier to decide if this was edo tensei nagato vs prime Mavis. The infinite energy on both parts make it really hard to decide, but I still believe Nagato wins via chibaku tensei(it's technically a sealing technique.)spam + Gedo Mazo.

@yubel infinite and unlimited are 2 different things, But Mavis literally can't react to the Gedo mazou+Soul dragon.

you are overlooking the enormous speed advantage in nagato's favour. he stomps.

Are you trying to convince me that if Nagato gets near Mavis and touches her to grab her soul, that he'll escape the Curse's effects? Because I dont think speed covers that. The soul stealing has its own duration for it to full work. Its not a 2 second thing that'll be over quickly.

Also, you ignored by other points, and Nagato only has high hypersonic speed in this version. What would he do against precog? After 5 minutes she would memorize all their abilities and do something against them, her body can only be destroyed by an attack thats city level with mountain level range due to her non-corporeal body. Her immortality literally makes her unkillable, her stamina is endless. Nagato is done lmao

@luminous Soul stealing is instant. i dont know what you are trying to say. nagato doesn't NEED to go near mavis, Soul dragon is a ranged technique.

@WSS "only high hypersonic". Mavis is hypersonic+. and no being atleast hypersonic+ doesn't put u over someone whos solidly high hypersonic.

"after 5 minutes memorize abilities" she won't last 5 minutes. Dragon soul is also a 1 hit win.

also her body doesn't need to be destroyed, just her soul.

her immortality is not unbeatable. nor does it even matter if this contest when shes getting soulsucked. and her immortality flatout failed against zeref.

Speed and DC is not the winning factor. Mavis is non-corporeal, meaning she is intangible and has to be destroyed via a soul technique or AOE damage (destroyed to a single particle). She has precognition, she can almost predict what's going to happen in the future 90% of the time (she guessed perfectly all the battles that were going to happen in GMG except for Erza vs Minerva vs Kagura). Meaning she can fly away from chibaku at any given time. And Nagato would have to sacrifice himself as well if he wanted to do this AOE damage.

NOW, the argument Chibaku is done for.

Fairy Law is at least one KM, assuming Mavis and Nagato are only 100m away this'll be very easy for Mavis to use, Fairy Law is a spell that sees if the caster of the spell really thinks the person is a threat to the caster/friends. Depending on Nagato's threat level he'd be probably incapacitated/unable to fight. It has durability negation so there's no pointless durability arguments, it's literally a spell that makes a huge area of light and Nagato isn't light speed.

Fairy Glitter can be used in close-combat or at least a few meters away, Mavis perfectly mastered the spell (you need 10 years of practice to master the spell), it is easily capable of making Nagato unable to move because she has it mastered and its city level AP.

Oh and you're seriously assuming that Mavis who is slower than Nagato is gonna be able to attack him first...

Yeah... no... that's not happening bro...

Her illusion creating is on par with Viper (Katekyo Hitman Reborn), she can make illusions so big of a range and so realistic that the illusions go into the persons brain directly. (Erza's artificial eye couldn't escape it). She could easily trick Nagato and continue killing him over and over. She also has endless stamina.

thats nice. for someone who is high hypersonic at the bare minimum it would take 0.013 seconds to close a distance of 100 metres. Mavis loses.

WhiteSnakeSage said:
Her illusion creating is on par with Viper (Katekyo Hitman Reborn), she can make illusions so big of a range and so realistic that the illusions go into the persons brain directly. (Erza's artificial eye couldn't escape it). She could easily trick Nagato and continue killing him over and over. She also has endless stamina.
Yeah and Nagato doesn't just soul suck her instantly why...

Nagato has always grabbed his opponent to use the Soul Stealing Technique. We know that because of Konohamaru's fight with the Human Path. If the Soul Stealing has a range like you so claim it does, why didn't the Human Path just steal his soul with the range? Also, if I have missed a time has used the technique, please show me. Also, if I am correct about the Human Path needing to get close, the curse would activate and kill it.

Back