• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Orochimaru vs Six Paths of Pain

Yeah nah, the Pains win this handily. The only reason Orochimaru is recognized as a legendary ninja is because Hanzo deemed him, and his teammates worthy of such renown for surviving against him. This same Hanzo got absolutely bodied by Pain.
Hanzo was old when he fought Pain, and this version of Orochimaru is stronger than the young one.

Yeah nah, the Pains win this handily. The only reason Orochimaru is recognized as a legendary ninja is because Hanzo deemed him, and his teammates worthy of such renown for surviving against him. This same Hanzo got absolutely bodied by Pain. We can go on and on about the hypotheticals of Orochimaru's preparation, but there's only so much you can do against a person who is leagues above you. Orochimaru pretty much gave up on taking Itachi's body because he knew Itachi is too strong, Orochimaru is never beating Pain.
Hanzo was far past his prime due to not training out of his obsessive paranoia that he'd be usurped. Here, Orochimaru can use his Edo Tensei and summon the Hokage. Granted, they'll be significantly weaker, but it will still be a pretty notable advantage for Orochimaru.

This will probably decide my vote unless a good argument is given against it: What does Orochimaru do if he’s pulled by bansho tennin and Pain has the Human path take his soul or Preta path absorb him endlessly?

This will probably decide my vote unless a good argument is given against it: What does Orochimaru do if he’s pulled by bansho tennin and Pain has the Human path take his soul or Preta path absorb him endlessly?
Stabs them.

Chibaku Tensei doesn't scale as high as a full Bijuu, and Shukaku is even with Gamabunta, who Manda beats.
I'd like to add that the Animal path can do giant summons as well. Possibly at an infinite rate. Even if an individual animal summon wouldn't stack up to Manda, it should only be a matter of time before they overwhelm him

Chibaku Tensei doesn't scale as high as a full Bijuu, and Shukaku is even with Gamabunta, who Manda beats.
I'm pretty sure we're gonna be upgrading Pain to scaling to Bijū soon because he did One-Shot Gamabunta with Shinra Tensei which not even Shukaku could do.
12358025_760_1200_136354.webp

12358023_760_1200_194764.webp

I'm pretty sure we're gonna be upgrading Pain to scaling to Bijū soon because he did One-Shot Gamabunta with Shinra Tensei which not even Shukaku could do.
12358025_760_1200_136354.webp

12358023_760_1200_194764.webp
Yea, I'd always wondered about that. Does that mean all the Large Mountain level characters are going to be upgraded to Island level?

Yea, I'd always wondered about that. Does that mean all the Large Mountain level characters are going to be upgraded to Island level?
Depends though people like the 3rd and 4th Raikage are explicitly stated to be Bijū level and Sage Naruto can even damage the Third Raikage in his Lightning Cloak who we scale to the Eight Tails.

Unless you consider Pain to be a maniac, he is not damaging his own village.
Crap, I completely overlooked the fight takes place in the Rain Village. Shinra tensei doesn't have to be omni-directional, but seeing as Pain is in-character I would imagine he's still hesitant to use it there. There's still loads that Pain could do other than just nuke stuff though. For instance, the animal path could still summon a team of giant animals to even the playing field against Manda and Orochimaru's edos, which is actually very in-character for Pain to do.

Keeping my vote on Pain

Last edited:
Unless Orochimaru unleashes Edo Tensei, Pain ragdolls.

Pain is literally better than Orochimaru in every category.

If Oro uses Edo Tensei, and summons someone like Hashirama or Tobirama, he annihilates.

But I really doubt Pain would give him a chance to do so.

So I vote Pain

Unless Orochimaru unleashes Edo Tensei, Pain ragdolls.

Pain is literally better than Orochimaru in every category.

If Oro uses Edo Tensei, and summons someone like Hashirama or Tobirama, he annihilates.

But I really doubt Pain would give him a chance to do so.

So I vote Pain
Couldn't Orochimaru summon them during his prep time?

Things Oro does during his prep time:

-Summons a trio of genin-level fodder snakes

-Summons 3 particularly large, likely chunin-level, fodder snakes

-Summons Manda

-Summons the Edo Hokage

-Summons any other Edo Tenseis he has, including possibly Rasa and Dan Kato.

Man, the Naruto Revisions are gonna make this thread really outdated when they eventually ******* get made.... Pain literally one-shot all three of the giant Toad Summons with Shinra Tensei, each of whom are comparable to Manda which is Orochimaru's best tool here aside from his Hydra Form.

Man, the Naruto Revisions are gonna make this thread really outdated when they eventually ******* get made.... Pain literally one-shot all three of the giant Toad Summons with Shinra Tensei, each of whom are comparable to Manda which is Orochimaru's best tool here aside from his Hydra Form.
Airtight scaling? All right. But can he beat the Edo Tenseis though?

Yeah, sure, he can try to get close to them without dying.
Its the pains so yeah lol. Hiruzen did it and look what happened to the edos then. 6 pains, 2 edos, can easily absorb any jutsu they put out, can distract with animal summons. This wouldn't be hard at all for the pains

Its the pains so yeah lol. Hiruzen did it and look what happened to the edos then. 6 pains, 2 edos, can easily absorb any jutsu they put out, can distract with animal summons. This wouldn't be hard at all for the pains
Remember, most of the Paths scale way below the Edo tenseis. And Manda(who is superior to Gamabunta, who Pain cannot use CST on unless he focuses all his power into the Deva Path) can basically beat any animal summon. Furthermore, even if you're absorbing Jutsu, that won't stop most of, say, Hashirama's techniques, because I don't think it can absorb physical matter, it would only stop the chakra from moving, leaving a bunch of wood that he can still control.

On top of all this, most of the Pains, as long as there's still more than 3 or 4 of them, get oneshotted by Kusanagi, or even regular attacks. And considering prior knowledge, he'd go after Deva first.

Remember, most of the Paths scale way below the Edo tenseis. And Manda(who is superior to Gamabunta, who Pain cannot use CST on unless he focuses all his power into the Deva Path) can basically beat any animal summon. Furthermore, even if you're absorbing Jutsu, that won't stop most of, say, Hashirama's techniques, because I don't think it can absorb physical matter, it would only stop the chakra from moving, leaving a bunch of wood that he can still control.

On top of all this, most of the Pains, as long as there's still more than 3 or 4 of them, get oneshotted by Kusanagi, or even regular attacks. And considering prior knowledge, he'd go after Deva first.
The paths scale below in maybe AP but not speed. They generally all can keep up with Sage Mode Naruto who is above SM Jiraiya, so it's not as tho Tobirama and Hashirama are just gonna blitz here. And IIRC the wiki has Manda scaling to Gama who got destroyed by a casual shinra tensei, Idk where ur getting Pain had to use CST but he used a regular one so Manda is definitely getting knocked down by ST.

Those wood creations are made from chakra though, it's not like he's just manipulating these large trees that just happen to be underground everywhere lmao. So those get absorbed too. Kusanagi can get knocked out of Oro's hand with the force from ST.

The paths scale below in maybe AP but not speed. They generally all can keep up with Sage Mode Naruto who is above SM Jiraiya, so it's not as tho Tobirama and Hashirama are just gonna blitz here. And IIRC the wiki has Manda scaling to Gama who got destroyed by a casual shinra tensei, Idk where ur getting Pain had to use CST but he used a regular one so Manda is definitely getting knocked down by ST.

Those wood creations are made from chakra though, it's not like he's just manipulating these large trees that just happen to be underground everywhere lmao. So those get absorbed too. Kusanagi can get knocked out of Oro's hand with the force from ST.
The ST that knocked Gama was when he had 1 guy left, right? Otherwise, why didn't he just use an ST on Kakashi?

The ST that knocked Gama was when he had 1 guy left, right? Otherwise, why didn't he just use an ST on Kakashi?
no lol. he had another Path up, and again that just wasnt a CST. Also his ST are able to push away SM naruto as well

Also, the cloing dogs as well were pressing gama and another frog. It's not like Shinra is his only best chance here lmao. Those dogs would easily overwhelm Manda

Back