• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Jiraiya vs Nagato
  • Battle Location: Hidden Rain Village
  • Both in-character
  • Sage Mode Jiraiya and Six Paths of Pain were used
  • Jiraiya has prior knowledge of the Six Paths of Pain
  • Shima and Fukusaku were at Jiraiya's disposal
  • Basically, this is the same scenario as what happened in canon where Jiraiya goes to the Hidden Rain Village to confront the leader of the Akatsuki, except this time, Jiraiya knew the secrets of the Rinnegan and that the Six Paths of Pain were only puppets.

Jiraiya: 7 (@TauanVictor, @CiscoTheSoto, @Greatsage13th, @jojo123, @Artorimachi_Meteoraft, @Doggo, @Crayons)

Nagato:

Naruto Talk No Jutsus them both: 4 (@UchihaSlayer96, @LordGriffin1000, @TheKingStrategist13, @Peppersalt43, @VersusJunkie54)

Last edited:
So what's stopping Pain from ******* bullying him again since the second the Asura and Deva Paths showed up they basically murdered him instantly from the sheer power gap?

Ok, I've given Jiraya some prep time. It's just that Nagato himself thought that Jiraiya probably would have defeated him if he'd known the secret behind the Six Paths of Pain, so I wanted to see how people would think a match like that would go.

Last edited:
Like if Jiraiya had prior knowledge, couldn't he just do what Naruto did and use the chakra receiver to locate Nagato? And I'm not sure exactly what kind of advantage prep time would give Jiraiya, personally. Like what could he do with extra time? I only added it because it was suggested.

Like if Jiraiya had prior knowledge, couldn't he just do what Naruto did and use the chakra receiver to locate Nagato? And I'm not sure exactly what kind of advantage prep time would give Jiraiya, personally. Like what could he do with extra time? I only added it because it was suggested.
Ma and pa and sage mode and summons

Pain One-Shots all of them with Shinra Tensei just like he did to the Summons when Naruto used them against Pain.
Yea but Nagato didn't use Shinra Tensei against Jiraiya once during their battle. Would it be in-character of him to do it here? And you really think it would one-shot Jiraiya? I find that highly unlikely, since the most it could do against Naruto was mildly injure him.

Yea but Nagato didn't use Shinra Tensei against Jiraiya once during their battle. Would it be in-character of him to do it here? And you really think it would one-shot Jiraiya? I find that highly unlikely, since the most it could do against Naruto was mildly injure him.
Sage Jiraiya is noticeably weaker than Sage Naruto since Sage Naruto literally One-Shot the Asura Path, which tore Jiraiya's arm off with Zero Difficulty. Also, we treat Gamabunta as being 6-C here and even though Pain isn't rated that high with Shinra Tensei for some weird ass reason, a weaker version of the Deva Path did One-Shot Gamabunta with a Bigger Shinra Tensei. So if he did that here, he would One-Shot Jiraiya too.

Sage Jiraiya is noticeably weaker than Sage Naruto since Sage Naruto literally One-Shot the Asura Path, which tore Jiraiya's arm off with Zero Difficulty.
Well, Naruto did hit the Asura Path with a surprise Rasengan from above, so there wasn't any time for the Asura Path to defend itself, so not sure if that's totally viable for explaining the gap in power. Also, the Asura Path only managed to rip Jiraiya's arm off when his guard was let down, so that was also a surprise attack. I also don't imagine that the gap in strength between Sage Jiraiya and Sage Naruto is that large, since Jiraiya was able to hold his own against less exhausted Pains who were closer to Nagato. In addition, since Jiraiya has prior knowledge of the Six Paths of Pain, he'd be sure to take special care to avoid Deva Path's Shinra Tensei.

In this case, Jiraiya knows he just has to find Nagato's real body and eliminate him to stop the other Pains, so he probably wouldn't waste time fighting all of them and just take down one or two before using the chakra rods to locate Nagato. Though I want to hear other people's opinions.

The Asura Path Naruto destroyed was significantly weaker than the one that injured Jiraiya, due to the astronomical difference in the distance between the Paths and Nagato in both instances. VS Naruto, Nagato was miles away. VS Jiraiya, Nagato was practically upstairs.

And for the good folk who believe being off-guard significantly lowers one's durability, the Asura Path was off-guard against Naruto and Jiraiya was off-guard against the Asura Path, so yeah.

There really wasn't any significant difference between Jiraiya and Pain, physically. They both have feats of harming and/or matching each other, they're just comparable. Pain would only have the advantage with his strongest, non-CST, Shinra Tensei and Chibaku Tensei, but realistically, I don't think it'd be very in character for him to use those within Amegakure. He's not about to destroy his own village.

So yeah, overall, they should be relative in stats.
Jiraiya with prior knowledge is definitely capable of winning here. It'll likely be through a well timed Frog Song Genjutsu that catches more than 3 Paths, perhaps in combination with his Frog BFR to pick off the remaining Paths individually.

This is not a vote, but I felt the need to point out that Jiraiya definitely ain't getting stomped here.

The Asura Path Naruto destroyed was significantly weaker than the one that injured Jiraiya, due to the astronomical difference in the distance between the Paths and Nagato in both instances. VS Naruto, Nagato was miles away. VS Jiraiya, Nagato was practically upstairs.

And for the good folk who believe being off-guard significantly lowers one's durability, the Asura Path was off-guard against Naruto and Jiraiya was off-guard against the Asura Path, so yeah.

There really wasn't any significant difference between Jiraiya and Pain, physically. They both have feats of harming and/or matching each other, they're just comparable. Pain would only have the advantage with his strongest, non-CST, Shinra Tensei and Chibaku Tensei, but realistically, I don't think it'd be very in character for him to use those within Amegakure. He's not about to destroy his own village.

So yeah, overall, they should be relative in stats.
Jiraiya with prior knowledge is definitely capable of winning here. It'll likely be through a well timed Frog Song Genjutsu that catches more than 3 Paths, perhaps in combination with his Frog BFR to pick off the remaining Paths individually.

This is not a vote, but I felt the need to point out that Jiraiya definitely ain't getting stomped here.
Nagato can react to KCM1 Naruto

If Deva Path was too fast for Jiraiya then nagato would be too
Jiraiya isn’t fighting a healthy prime Nagato or Edo Tensei Nagato, he’s fighting the Six Paths of Pain again like in the manga, except this time he has prior knowledge of what the Six Paths of Pain can do and is prepared.

Gotta be honest and say Nagato probably heavily undersold himself when he made that prep time Jiraiya quote but thats just my opinion. Dont take it as a vote.

He reacted to an attack faster than Jiraiya and blocked it
First of all, he didn't block it. He clapped his hands together to summon a Panda, which got hit by the attack, effectively "blocking it". Summoning Jutsu are instantaneous, as it's Space-Time based.
Secondly, Pain did react, but you're completely disregarding distance. The other Pains were far away, and could see the attack from further away, giving them a better view and a better chance to react. Reacting to a projectile from a meter away is a lot harder than reacting to it from 10, 20 meters away. That's why the shared field of vision is such an advantage.

First of all, he didn't block it. He clapped his hands together to summon a Panda, which got hit by the attack, effectively "blocking it". Summoning Jutsu are instantaneous, as it's Space-Time based.
Secondly, Pain did react, but you're completely disregarding distance. The other Pains were far away, and could see the attack from further away, giving them a better view and a better chance to react. Reacting to a projectile from a meter away is a lot harder than reacting to it from 10, 20 meters away. That's why the shared field of vision is such an advantage.
Yeah, but the one that was closest to Jiraiya had to use hand signs to summon before Jiraiya's jutsu hit him

Pain, but Jiraiya does push him back a bit more.
The genjutsu is key here.... But, I mean, with Tendo there from the start, does Jiraiya even get the chance to use it?
If, by some miracle, Jiraiya does withstand the attack capable of one-shotting the 6C Gamabunta, he would have to get away, or risk taking more of those hits, and it would have to be for long enough to fire off the genjutsu.
He would also need to get both the Deva and Asura paths into it to stand a chance, and even then, his victory isn't assured. It's not like Jiraiya can stomp the other pains. He'd be fighting in a severely weakened state if he managed to tank even a single Shinra Tensei.
Nagato takes it. He definitely undersold himself with his own comment about Jiraiya possibly winning. There's a reason Nagato was the god-tier of the verse back then.

It's not that Jiraiya would be able to tank those massive Shinra Tensei, but I think Nagato was factoring in the fact that he won't be using those massive ones within Amegakure when he made that assessment. His village was one of the few things he cared about, and he wasn't about to unleash mini nukes in there. The 5 second interval is also a very exploitable weakness.
I'm sure all of these factors went into Pain's assessment, cause you gotta remember, that assessment was contingent upon Jiraiya knowing all of his secrets, including his weaknesses.

Last edited:
Since no one has voted, I'll give my opinion and say that Jiraiya would win this battle. If Jiraiya has prior knowledge about all the Pains and knows that they're all just puppets, then he'll choose to target the Naraka Path with his Frog Genjutsu, which would allow him to pick off the rest of the Pains before moving on to Nagato himself.

Back