• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Orochimaru vs Six Paths of Pain

Lore: Orochimaru before attacking the konoha decides to get rinnegan.

ce445d09119dfe4a6957d07c288d49e0_6ea06a09694ffe0d39773158dcea090f.jpg

Rules:
  • They both have basic information about each other + Orochimaru has prior knowledge about Pain's abilities.
  • Orochimaru has 1 month prep time
  • Part 1 Orochimaru and Six Paths of Pain are used.
  • Orochimaru can use Edo Tensei
  • Both are In-Character
  • They start 20m apart
Orochimaru:

Pain:

Last edited:
Does Orochimaru have prior knowledge on all of Pains abilities?

Well, something important to consider here is that Orochimaru's apparently got a month of prep time. With that much time, and with prior knowledge about Pain's abilities, he could easily set traps for the Pains to separate them or limit their mobility. And if he can use Edo Tensei, that would give him an even bigger advantage, since he's been shown to be capable of bringing back the Hokage and some of the other kage with his Edo Tensei. Even if the Edo Tensei are weaker than the originals, the gap in strength isn't large enough for the Pains to stomp.

Can Orochimaru bring in his underlings?
Seriously. Like, are Kimimaro(God-tier covering fire), Kabuto(Could probably fight at like half the level of a Pain), the Sound 4(Can make cool shields), and Team Dosu(Human shields/sacrifices) allowed, due to the prep time? Perhaps he could go to his safe houses, grab Jugo(Great teamwork with Kimimaro), Karin(Free bloodbag), or Suigetsu(Top-tier cover)?

Didn't this happen in some piece of Naruto media before and Pain One-Shot him with Shinra Tensei?
In this case, Orochimaru's got more prep time and prior knowledge of Pain's power and abilities. So if he brings the Edo Tenseis with him or sets some traps, he could even out the playing field.

In this case, Orochimaru's got more prep time and prior knowledge of Pain's power and abilities. So if he brings the Edo Tenseis with him or sets some traps, he could even out the playing field.
Pain fought Sage Mode Naruto in H2H Combat while nerfed and did fairly well, someone who is leagues above the Sannin and Part 1 Orochimaru is directly stated to be on par with Jiraiya, someone who Pain physically stomped with little difficulty once all six paths showed up and that was Sage Mode Jiraiya. Also the Human Path can just Soul Rip the Edo Tensei and get rid of them that way.

Pain fought Sage Mode Naruto in H2H Combat while nerfed and did fairly well, someone who is leagues above the Sannin and Part 1 Orochimaru is directly stated to be on par with Jiraiya, someone who Pain physically stomped with little difficulty once all six paths showed up and that was Sage Mode Jiraiya. Also the Human Path can just Soul Rip the Edo Tensei and get rid of them that way.
Like I said, Orochimaru's got prep time and prior knowledge. He could work by splitting all of the Pains apart and picking them off, using several powerful Edo Tenseis like the Hokages, which were capable of putting Hiruzen on the ropes and forced Hiruzen to sacrifice himself. Orochimaru's got a plethora of different jutsu techniques at his disposal as well.

Orochimaru can do much better than Jiraiya did in this situation with 1 month of Prep. He could retrieve his top tier most powerful Subordinates, Edo Tensei Kage level fighter's if he can gather part of their remains, and just generally do better. Orochimaru has a very diverse set of Support abilities that lend themselves to traps and survivability, arguably better than Jiraiya even. Normally I would say Pain Low Diff's, but in this context, I think Orochimaru High Diff is possible.

Orochimaru can do much better than Jiraiya did in this situation with 1 month of Prep. He could retrieve his top tier most powerful Subordinates, Edo Tensei Kage level fighter's if he can gather part of their remains, and just generally do better. Orochimaru has a very diverse set of Support abilities that lend themselves to traps and survivability, arguably better than Jiraiya even. Normally I would say Pain Low Diff's, but in this context, I think Orochimaru High Diff is possible.
I disagree, all of them are literally within One-Shot range for Pain considering the Asura Path One-Shot Sage Jiraiya's arm and tore it off, Sage Jiraiya is absolutely stronger than Orochimaru or his Edo Summons so if the Pains land even a single hit they just win, especially when Tendo can just ******* nuke them all from the air if he doesn't want to deal with them like when he blew up the Hidden Leaf Village.

I disagree, all of them are literally within One-Shot range for Pain
Doesn't matter with Edo Tensei and Oro's regen.
considering the Asura Path One-Shot Sage Jiraiya's arm and tore it off,
That's not how oneshotting works, and Orochi regens no diff.
Sage Jiraiya is absolutely stronger than Orochimaru
This is agreeable.
or his Edo Summons so if the Pains land even a single hit they just win, especially when Tendo can just ******* nuke them all from the air if he doesn't want to deal with them like when he blew up the Hidden Leaf Village.
Actually, he can't do one at that much power when all the Pains are active. Plus, he wouldn't destroy his own village.

I disagree, all of them are literally within One-Shot range for Pain considering the Asura Path One-Shot Sage Jiraiya's arm and tore it off, Sage Jiraiya is absolutely stronger than Orochimaru or his Edo Summons so if the Pains land even a single hit they just win, especially when Tendo can just ******* nuke them all from the air if he doesn't want to deal with them like when he blew up the Hidden Leaf Village.
1, This is in the Rain Village, and both are In Character. There is 0 chance Pain is going to Shinra Tensei and destroy the entire area.
2, Orochimaru could easily find the remains of Powerful Shinobi (Itachi, 3rd Raikage, etc.) And use them as a Edo due to the 1 month of prep. He could even go and raise all the dead Kage and, Sans Hashirama, control them. Said character's would be more than capable of fighting on, and even above, Pain's level. I do agree that since it's Part 1 Orochi, he can't really scrap with Pain (I would argue otherwise for his post Resurrection), but Orochimaru just has to be a slippery, regenerative bastard and avoid Pain while his forces do all of the work for him. And while Pain's Shinra Tensei would likely just 1 shot all but some of the Edo mentioned prior that Orochimaru could go and grab, Pain would never use such a dangerous and damaging technique in the Rain Village in character.

It should also be mentioned that in the situation in question where Jiraiya lost his arm, Pain implies that Jiraiya seems to have let down his guard, which is what generally seems to be the case. Orochimaru in this situation would not be as careless.

1, This is in the Rain Village, and both are In Character. There is 0 chance Pain is going to Shinra Tensei and destroy the entire area.
True.
2, Orochimaru could easily find the remains of Powerful Shinobi (Itachi, 3rd Raikage, etc.)
Itachi's alive, but he definitely had Dan Kato and Rasa.
And use them as a Edo due to the 1 month of prep. He could even go and raise all the dead Kage and, Sans Hashirama, control them.
*Sans Minato
Said character's would be more than capable of fighting on, and even above, Pain's level.
Debatable, as Oro wasn't super good at Edo Tensei in Part 1. But yes, they probably could due to hax.
I do agree that since it's Part 1 Orochi, he can't really scrap with Pain (I would argue otherwise for his post Resurrection)
He can't take on the higher paths, but the lower ones'd be cake.
but Orochimaru just has to be a slippery, regenerative bastard and avoid Pain while his forces do all of the work for him. And while Pain's Shinra Tensei would likely just 1 shot all but some of the Edo mentioned prior that Orochimaru could go and grab, Pain would never use such a dangerous and damaging technique in the Rain Village in character.
It should also be mentioned that in the situation in question where Jiraiya lost his arm, Pain implies that Jiraiya seems to have let down his guard, which is what generally seems to be the case. Orochimaru in this situation would not be as careless.
Agreeable.

Orochimaru negs. Imagine if he Edo's all the Hogake. Like what can Pain do to not get oneshot. Plus he could also get Itachi to benefit from Yata mirror and Totsuka. The list goes on. Pain has no chance

I have to say I'm kind of rethinking this. Orochimaru is given a MONTH of prep time, that's a lot of time for on of the most cunning shinobi in the series. Before I would just scale it like Orochimaru < Hiruzen (old) < Six Paths of Pain, but I think this isn't as simple as that. What could Orochimaru do in a month that could give him the win against Pain?

I have to say I'm kind of rethinking this. Orochimaru is given a MONTH of prep time, that's a lot of time for on of the most cunning shinobi in the series. Before I would just scale it like Orochimaru < Hiruzen (old) < Six Paths of Pain, but I think this isn't as simple as that. What could Orochimaru do in a month that could give him the win against Pain?
Grab some Edo Tensei, grab some underlings, call in a few favors, brew up some new jutsu, kill Rasa, etc.

The location of the fight makes this battle unfair, Pain won't resort to his most destructive jutsus as it would destroy his village, and Orochimaru with preparation would fare much better than Jiraiya.

The location of the fight makes this battle unfair, Pain won't resort to his most destructive jutsus as it would destroy his village, and Orochimaru with preparation would fare much better than Jiraiya.
It's honestly the only fair way this match could be done. Otherwise, Pain would just body Orochimaru. He's got much higher AP and a plethora of abilities that can only be matched with the plethora of abilities that the other reanimated Kage possess. And Pain could still defeat Orochimaru since it's his village and he knows it better far better than Orochimaru, even with a month of prep time.

Last edited:
It's honestly the only fair way this match could be done. Otherwise, Pain would just body Orochimaru.
I don't agree that it would be as easy as you make it sound. Orochimaru is quite resilient, can exchange fatal damage by changing skin and has insane regeneration, and prior knowledge would make it entirely possible for Orochimaru to avoid all dura neg jutsus and can still be distinguished in AP with Kusanagi and Yamata, which Pain would only close the gap with CST and CT.

And Pain could still defeat Orochimaru since it's his village and he knows it better far better than Orochimaru, even with a month of prep time.
Location advantage still doesn't outweigh the other advantages Orochimaru has.

I don't agree that it would be as easy as you make it sound. Orochimaru is quite resilient, can exchange fatal damage by changing skin and has insane regeneration, and prior knowledge would make it entirely possible for Orochimaru to avoid all dura neg jutsus and can still be distinguished in AP with Kusanagi and Yamata, which Pain would only close the gap with CST and CT.
There's only so many times that Orochimaru can regenerate from fatal damage using the replacement body technique since it consumes a great deal of chakra, and it'd be pretty hard for Orochimaru to avoid all of the Pain's unique jutsus even with prior knowledge.

There's only so many times that Orochimaru can regenerate from fatal damage using the replacement body technique since it consumes a great deal of chakra.
It's not as if Orochimaru needs to use it repeatedly. Since Pain has no knowledge, it's entirely possible that he will be surprised similarly as Jiraiya was.

and it'd be pretty hard for Orochimaru to avoid all of the Pain's unique jutsus even with prior knowledge.
In this situation, Orochimaru would have access to Edo Tensei and other of his invocations like Manda, which Pain cannot handle without ST and CT.

It's not as if Orochimaru needs to use it repeatedly. Since Pain has no knowledge, it's entirely possible that he will be surprised similarly as Jiraiya was.
Yeah, Orochimaru's nothing if not tricky.
In this situation, Orochimaru would have access to Edo Tensei and other of his invocations like Manda, which Pain cannot handle without ST and CT.
Honestly, st ain't enough, he needs chaotic st.

Yeah nah, the Pains win this handily. The only reason Orochimaru is recognized as a legendary ninja is because Hanzo deemed him, and his teammates worthy of such renown for surviving against him. This same Hanzo got absolutely bodied by Pain. We can go on and on about the hypotheticals of Orochimaru's preparation, but there's only so much you can do against a person who is leagues above you. Orochimaru pretty much gave up on taking Itachi's body because he knew Itachi is too strong, Orochimaru is never beating Pain.

Back