• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monkey D. Luffy VS Six Paths of Pain

• Fight Location: Dressrosa
  • Starting Distance: 500 meters
  • Speed Equalized
  • Both in-character
  • Paramount War Pre-Timeskip Luffy and Six Paths of Pain are used. Luffy has access to all his Gear Transformations.
King of the Pirates:

Leader of the Akatsuki:

Luffy learns Talk no Jutsu:

Last edited:
Following

Also what are their AP's
Monkey D. Luffy:-
  • Base is stronger than 27.04 Megatons
  • G2 is higher than base
  • G2 w/ Haki is stronger than 122.596 Megatons
  • G4: Snake Man is stronger than G2 w/ Haki
  • G3 is 1.103 Gigatons
  • G4: Bound Man is stronger than G3
  • Strongest Attacks like King Kong Gun is 210.12 Gigatons
For Nagato
  • His 7-B iirc is higher than 9.93 Megatons
  • His High 7-A is 1.56 Gigatons
  • Chaotic Shinra Tensei is higher than his regular attacks
  • Chibaku Tensei is 15.255 Gigatons

My knowledge of Naruto is loose but let's try this out.
Pain has no Rain Tiger, so it's an even battle in that field I suppose.

Luffy's advantages
  • AP (Already one-shot territory by G2 + Buso Haki)
  • Speed (Already blitz territory by G2)
  • Dura (Has 7-A durability)
  • Precog and IR via Kenbun Haki (One of the best, being able to match the danmaku of Katakuri)

Pain's advantages
  • Numbers (6 bodies and all)
  • Sealing and Gravity Manip via Chubaku Tensei (Idk if it's in character for Pain to do this but the ~6x advantage in LS will keep Luffy in the planetoid until he turns into G4 at least, and if not, it's at least a bunch of free hits in)
  • Soul Manip via Human Path (If Pain lands this, it's all over for Luffy)
  • Possibly Absorption? via Preta Path (If Haki = Chakra, then Pain can do something like Enma and eat Luffy's Buso Haki)

insert meme "not this shito again"

anyway, pain will be able to summon more animals so their numbers will be their main advantages, plus one of the pain are capable of ressurecting one another that if he's still in the battlefield it would be hard for luffy to finish them all of, while luffy will probably resort to gear 3 because of their number, it will just makes luffy's area of effect to be larger hence easier to affect luffy with it's soul manipulation tho luffy has precog so it will be hard to catch him

animals get haoshoku'd
Well they don't have human intelligence so they will probably get effected by it, but that doesn't stop the fact that pain will probably use their animal summon to distract him, tho he has advanced kenbun so luffy will know what's coming and anticipate it using gear 2 and blitz the hell out of pain

Keep in mind though that even if Luffy can use Gear 2 to speedblitz, that doesn't mean he'd be able to actually hurt the other Pains, since their power ranges from between 7-B to High 7-A. Nagato's High 7-A is stronger than Luffy's Gear 3.

There's also something I'd like to argue about Luffy's Conqueror's Haki being capable of knocking all the beat summons unconscious. One of the reasons it works on animals is because they're animals with much lower intellect and sapience, meaning they don't have the ability to muster a strong willpower to resist Conqueror's Haki. All of Nagato's Beast Summons possess the same chakra rods as the other Pains, and it's stated on the Naruto Fandom that the beasts are just extensions of his conscious implanted in their minds. Nagato clearly has a very strong willpower and would not be knocked out by Luffy's Conqueror's Haki, so it wouldn't make much sense for his beasts which share the same mind as Nagato to be affected either.

Keep in mind though that even if Luffy can use Gear 2 to speedblitz, that doesn't mean he'd be able to actually hurt the other Pains, since their power ranges from between 7-B to High 7-A. Nagato's High 7-A is stronger than Luffy's Gear 3.
It's only High 7-A when they get closer to Nagato, which Luffy isn't letting happen
There's also something I'd like to argue about Luffy's Conqueror's Haki being capable of knocking all the beat summons unconscious. One of the reasons it works on animals is because they're animals with much lower intellect and sapience, meaning they don't have the ability to muster a strong willpower to resist it.
This is not true, Luffy consistently knocks out sentient animals and even people.
All of Nagato's Beast Summons possess the same chakra rods as the other Pains, so in other words, they're just extensions of his conscious implanted in their minds. Nagato clearly has a very strong willpower and would not be knocked out by Luffy's Conqueror's Haki, so it wouldn't make much sense for his beasts which share the same mind as Nagato to be affected either.
Sharing chakra doesn't mean you share willpower

Rather than that, this version of nagato is like weakened and thus his movepool is probably limited or weakened to a certain degree. Also as of now, luffy definitely use his gear 4 more often than his gear 3 and we all know gear 4 not only gives you strength boost, it also gives you a tremendous speed boost so there's that

It's only High 7-A when they get closer to Nagato, which Luffy isn't letting happen

This is not true, Luffy consistently knocks out sentient animals and even people.

Sharing chakra doesn't mean you share willpower
But sharing minds means you do share willpower, and as I already said before, it's been stated that the beasts are just extensions of Nagato. Also, the "getting close to Nagato" factor hasn't always been too consistent, since the Pains were capable of trading some blows with base Naruto then later Sage Mode Naruto even though the distance hadn't changed. And don't almost all ninja have the ability to use the Body Flicker technique, which allows the user to dramatically increase their speed in short bursts?

I'm considering maybe changing it to Beginning of Timeskip Luffy to make things slightly more fair since it removes Luffy's future sight.

The only thing that got pain going is by using their black rods to paralyze luffy but as of now luffy has advanced kenbun that gives him precog so it will be very hard to catch him off guard

But sharing minds means you do share willpower, and as I already said before, it's been stated that the beasts are just extensions of Nagato. Also, the "getting close to Nagato" factor hasn't always been too consistent, since the Pains were capable of trading some blows with base Naruto then later Sage Mode Naruto even though the distance hadn't changed. And don't almost all ninja have the ability to use the Body Flicker technique, which allows the user to dramatically increase their speed in short bursts?

I'm considering maybe changing it to Beginning of Timeskip Luffy to make things slightly more fair since it removes Luffy's future sight.
Probably change it to dressrosa key luffy really to get an even ground

Then luffy won't use his gear 4 until he's like quite cornered aand if he did use it then the battle will be tilted to luffy's side

But sharing minds means you do share willpower
They don't share minds, they're a bunch of people controlled by 1 person.
When they fall under genjutsu, the leader doesn't.
They don't have the same brains.
They're multiple people being mind controlled
and as I already said before, it's been stated that the beasts are just extensions of Nagato.
This is never stated at all
Also, the "getting close to Nagato" factor hasn't always been too consistent, since the Pains were capable of trading some blows with base Naruto then later Sage Mode Naruto even though the distance hadn't changed.
This is literally the reason why there is a varies tier on their profile
And don't almost all ninja have the ability to use the Body Flicker technique, which allows the user to dramatically increase their speed in short bursts?
Out of character for these guys to use it in battle
These guys have 6+ way eyesight and Luffy's future sight is the unfair one?

I think a 6+ way eyesight is so that pain won't get caught off guard tbh so it really isn't that OP in my opinion

They don't share minds, they're a bunch of people controlled by 1 person.
When they fall under genjutsu, the leader doesn't.
They don't have the same brains.
They're multiple people being mind controlled

This is never stated at all
Wouldn't sharing vision mean sharing minds as well? And here's the link where it's stated that the beasts of the Animal Path are extensions of Nagato: https://naruto.fandom.com/wiki/Animal_Path. And on Nagato's page, one of his powers is Possession, where it specifically states that he can split his consciousness into different bodies, which includes the Beasts he controls with the chakra rods.
This is literally the reason why there is a varies tier on their profile
So then why do all the Pains have to automatically start at 7-B then? It was never stated that all of the bodies started at 7-B, so some could start at High 7-A or in between as well.
Out of character for these guys to use it in battle
Well it's a proper defense to use that exists, and it's easily possible that he could use it if he sees himself being outsped consistently by Luffy's 2nd gear.

Wouldn't sharing vision mean sharing minds as well?
No, it's because they have linked eyesight.
And here's the link where it's stated that the beasts of the Animal Path are extensions of Nagato: https://naruto.fandom.com/wiki/Animal_Path.
And they reference a place where they share eyesight
And on Nagato's page, one of his powers is Possession, where it specifically states that he can split his consciousness into different bodies, which includes the Beasts he controls with the chakra rods.
and we literally see that when one is put under an illusion, the other isn't, and when one is killed, the other isn't
So then why do all the Pains have to automatically start at 7-B then? It was never stated that all of the bodies started at 7-B, so some could start at High 7-A or in between as well.
Because this is the tier closer to all of Luffy's stats, or else this would be an AP stomp in Nagato's favor.
There is no in-between
Well it's a proper defense to use that exists, and it's easily possible that he could use it if he sees himself being outsped consistently by Luffy's 2nd gear.
Proper and out of character.

First of all, we actually never see nagato or pain to use body flicker at all so we can conclude that they most likely won't be using it tho luffy will be getting much faster using his gear 2 which is what he would most likely start with considering right now we're using his beginning of timeskip key so they probably will use body flicker jutsu. Also sharing eyesight most likely doesn't meant to be sharing his willpower as nagato is controlling all Pain like a robot rather than Pain is indirectly part of himself. But if luffy did manage to beat most of pain except like tendo pain, then the odds of pain winning is stacked up as nagato doesn't need to focus controlling other Pain to fight against luffy

Last edited:
That's my take anyway, so imma need to retract my vote and see what will happen at this stage right now

When I see people arguing Pain could resist the Haoshoku Haki Luffy has with willpower, I just think of Pain going "my will is greater than yours!"

Jokes aside, I'm leaning towards Luffy FRA for now.

I actually am leaning to luffy a bit because kenbun haki while not advanced, it's still capable of sensing their opponent's next moves so pain gonna need to overwhelm luffy in order to catch luffy off guard

I mean I definitely think that they can overwhelm him, since they have the dura and numbers to deal with Luffy. But I'll still vote Luffy fra

Now, if pain manage to overwhelm him, the next question is which pain will most likely luffy beat first? I think the one that absorb chakra and the one that's like a robot will fall first as both of them are frontline fighters, and then the summoner pain, the next in line will probably the one that can ressurect as luffy will know that they are trying to ress the pain that he took down, the rest is the one with soul manip that was arguably the most dangerous one so far and tendo pain which is the strongest one

Luffy FRA. Changing Keys only takes away future sight, and considering his Precognition prior was still layered.. Yeah.

He doesn't start off in G2? So once he goes into it, he's practically nigh-untouchable due to the amp being speed-blitz territory and precognition via kenbunshoku. With Naruto they had to be the ones going at him- so the second they scatter to jump Luffy while the main one stays behind, they're all getting blitzed and dispatched with ease via G2+Buso. Tendo isn't going to put up a much better fight either because of Luffy's physiology negging nearly everything he does, minus the rods for piercing- and even then, Kenbushoku and Gear 2 should still give Luffy more than a big enough window to react to anything that's actually threatening.
Sad to see Nagato didn't do much better in an earlier thread either tbh-

Luffy FRA. Changing Keys only takes away future sight, and considering his Precognition prior was still layered.. Yeah.

He doesn't start off in G2? So once he goes into it, he's practically nigh-untouchable due to the amp being speed-blitz territory and precognition via kenbunshoku. With Naruto they had to be the ones going at him- so the second they scatter to jump Luffy while the main one stays behind, they're all getting blitzed and dispatched with ease via G2+Buso. Tendo isn't going to put up a much better fight either because of Luffy's physiology negging nearly everything he does, minus the rods for piercing- and even then, Kenbushoku and Gear 2 should still give Luffy more than a big enough window to react to anything that's actually threatening.
Sad to see Nagato didn't do much better in an earlier thread either tbh-
I mean luffy can definitely blitz the hell out of pain with gear 2, but i don't think his buso haki is one shot worthy. Tho right now luffy does have an edge against pain

I mean luffy can definitely blitz the hell out of pain with gear 2, but i don't think his buso haki is one shot worthy. Tho right now luffy does have an edge against pain
Because this is the tier closer to all of Luffy's stats, or else this would be an AP stomp in Nagato's favor.
There is no in-between
They're all starting at 7-B. Nagato's 7-B is 9.93. Luffy's G2+Buso is 122.596. That's over 12x difference between them and him. And if they jump Luffy away from Tendo (which in character they would), they're all getting rocked in a hit each.
Luffy in character starts off with a blitz. He did so against the first fishmen they fought after the timeskip. He did it against Pacifista. If his first hit doesn't dent, his second hit is breaking them. They're extremely versatile but they're not getting a lot of hits off on him, while he's nearly guaranteed to hit all of them even through their x6 perception due to the blitz.

They're all starting at 7-B. Nagato's 7-B is 9.93. Luffy's G2+Buso is 122.596. That's over 12x difference between them and him. And if they jump Luffy away from Tendo (which in character they would), they're all getting rocked in a hit each.
Luffy in character starts off with a blitz. He did so against the first fishmen they fought after the timeskip. He did it against Pacifista. If his first hit doesn't dent, his second hit is breaking them. They're extremely versatile but they're not getting a lot of hits off on him, while he's nearly guaranteed to hit all of them even through their x6 perception due to the blitz.
Well i did vote for luffy, so we'll see if pain has even a chance against luffy

Back