• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Matter Manipulation & Casuality Resitance for Orihime

She describes it as being similar to her barriers, but that doesn't mean it has the same effects.

I don't see any indication that his forcefield warps Causality.

Damage3245 said:
She describes it as being similar to her barriers, but that doesn't mean it has the same effects.
I don't see any indication that his forcefield warps Causality.
What do you think "similar to Shun Shun Rikka" means?

As in they're both barriers created through Spiritual Energy.

Do you think they'd make a big deal out of her powers being special if anyone could cast a Kido that replicated her abilities?

Damage3245 said:
Do you think they'd make a big deal out of her powers being special if anyone could cast a Kido that replicated her abilities?
Hachi said is only an ability that he created after becoming a vizard.

Damage3245 said:
Hachi isn't just anyone - he's probably the greatest Kido master in the series.

Not to mention, he directly states that no Soul Reaper can break the shield through Kido.

Promestein said:
That doesn't mean it manipulates causality.
Orihime's barriers manipulate causality and she has never said the same for kido barriers, just this one created by Hachi after becoming a vizard and he himself says that Shinigami kido's can't break it.

It's a big assumption to say that Orihime noting a similarity = Hachi's barriers manipulating causality, especially when any such property is never displayed or explained. At best, it'd be a possibly Causality Manipulation, but I don't think it qualifies for even that.

Hachi refers to his healing Kido as "Time-Space Regression", anyways. It's spacetime manipulation, not causality manipulation.

Promestein said:
It's a big assumption to say that Orihime noting a similarity = Hachi's barriers manipulating causality, especially when any such property is never displayed or explained. At best, it'd be a possibly Causality Manipulation, but I don't think it qualifies for even that.
Hachi refers to his healing Kido as "Time-Space Regression", anyways. It's spacetime manipulation, not causality manipulation.
Are you sure that Hachi's healing kido is the same kido that he names here "Hachigyo Sogai"? I don't remember the other kido's name, so how are you sure that's the kido?

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
I'm initially going to say no to this; however, I will check later the databooks see if there is any entry for Hachi's kido.
Okay. What about matter manipulation?

His barriers likely function similarly. Again, it doesn't even matter if it isn't time-space manipulation - without any elaboration or description, this isn't worth anything.

Promestein said:
His barriers likely function similarly. Again, it doesn't even matter if it isn't time-space manipulation - without any elaboration or description, this isn't worth anything.
But casuality manipulation or Reality Manipulation can and has show time-space manipulation in other verses. Why wouldn't it be treated the same in this feat? Orihime has never mentioned any other kido barriers to be similar to her power, and Hachi said is an ability he created after becoming a vizard which is a mutated shinigami that got infected by hollow powers which is the source of fullbringers like Orihime.

Databook MASKED has an entry in which Hachi's powers are stated to be similar to Orihime's

Orihime stating Hachi's barriers are like her Shun Shun Rikka.

Hachi first deducing Orihime has the same ability as him.

Rose stating that Hachi is interested in Orihime because it's rare to ever meet someone who has the same abilities as them.

Hachi telling Orihime that her ability is the same as his.

Oh and I found this, the forcefields have the ability to manipulate the minds of those nearby in order to hide it in plain sight as it forces those nearby to ignore it. This did not affect Orihime one bit.

No not at all

She's literally saying she will just causality manip the hogyoku and even then we don't know if she can really do that since she never did

Paul Frank said:
No not at all

She's literally saying she will just causality manip the hogyoku and even then we don't know if she can really do that since she never did
She basically does it every time she rejects an event, but she stops after they are healed, so she doesn't go all the way. That Hollow that she killed was with both of her shields, so basically he was hit with existence erasure. Orihime manipulation of matter is a product of her rejection ability, and the ability to control Reishi which would be something similar to what we call here on Earth, Anti-matter.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
A lot of extrapolation here over vague scans.
Not even close. Orihime's Fullbring is the rejection of an event. Reality Rejection. Nothing is gonna change her power source. Rejecting something to a state before it was created in the first place is something similar to existence erasure.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
I'm aware of what her power is.
So how is rejecting someone until they dissapear (basically they were never born/created since hollows were human souls) not existence erasure? She is basically erasing a condemned human soul.

Back