• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

“Mate in 3 parallel universes” | Sento vs Emu in 5D Chess with Multiverse Time Travel

Sento received a message from “Genius Gamer “M””, “Play me in 5D chess, loser!”

Both Sento and Emu will have 1 hour to practice beforehand. The winner is whoever defeats the other in the game.

The Genius Scientist: 5 (Shadowslash125, Jamesthetaker, IxaSaga2, Shootingrock, TsukasaaEmmaDCD)

The Genius Gamer:

Banjo blows up the computer:

Last edited:
While Sento is a lot smarter than Emu, the latter is far more experienced in games. It’s to the point where someone like Dan Kuruto, who has achieved similar feats of knowledge as Sento, is jealous of his creativity.

While Sento is a lot smarter than Emu, the latter is far more experienced in games. It’s to the point where someone like Dan Kuruto, who has achieved similar feats of knowledge as Sento, is jealous of his creativity.
I don't think creativity = intelligence, one involves an artistic skill the other logic/knowledge, it could overlap in the case of Dan (though I haven't watched Ex-Aid yet).

That said, to my limited knowledge of 5D chess, it seem this match is more like a battle of mind games and predictions to whoever can get the King pieces from each "timeline" of the board(CoughCoughZi-OHijackCoughCough). Unsure who would come out on top, though leaning on Sento.

Creativity definitely doesn’t equal to intelligence. It’s just that Emu is someone that’s already skilled in games and makes people like Kuruto jealous. It’s kinda just Sento’s raw intel vs Emu’s pro gamer moves.

If I remember everything correctly, you only need to get the opponent in checkmate in one timeline but the opponent can create a new timeline to extend the game to possibly get checkmate an earlier timeline.

As far as I'm aware, Emu is way better at games like platformers and fighting games. While sure he should be good at average chess, this chess is an entirely different beast. Not only does it require a huge grasp of understanding on the sheer scale of how many branching timelines he has to look out for. Emu's creativity may as well not matter here, and even then, the creativity he had as a child made child Kuroto jealous, thus doing the funny to him. I don't think he's on the particularly intelligent side, unlike Sento. For his prepping, an hour of fumbling around isn't going to help him win at all.

Sento on the other hand, should be able to grasp these theorems and whatnot well enough. There's a reason why Emu's a doctor and Sento's a scientist (ignoring personal job preferences), and these kinds of shenanigans are part of his norm. He himself has personally taken part in branching another timeline for the sake of the whole world. Even with Emu's Gamer Instincts, he's going to get hit by a surprise check or checkmate from another timeline. An hour of Sento's prep is going to be a 1000x more worthwhile than that of Emu's.

Sento GG WPs Emu so bad he's going to become Stupid Gaymer L. Voting for Sent To Kill You (In 5D chess).

Sento may be a supergenius in every possible category but Emu is a gamer so I vote for Emu

Gonna give my vote to Sento 'cause he should be more knowledgeable in quantum physics. I have no doubt that Emu could learn the chess mechanic quickly given his gaming skills, but Sento would have checkmated him in infinite universes before bro had the chance.

Back