• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ringo Starr finally has worked with way through the Smash adventure, and is at its end. A giant Hand floats to the stage. It's power was immense. Ringo knew he needed more power to take this for on. He jumps inside his Yellow Submarine. 3 2 1

Go!

Ringo vs Master Hand

Low 2-C versions are used

Speed is equal

Who wins and why?

Ringo and The Yellow Submarine:

Master Hand:

Inconclusive/Draw:

Figuref as much. I was just wondering if Master Hand's gravity manipulation would stop it from moving at all

Plus, Submarine being able to fly should be able to resist it. Unless he tries to spam it or something. The submarine should probably be strong enough to resist. He really only used Spiking Iirl. Which is a sudden pull down in gravity, not a constant one. So it wouldn't stop it from moving no.

I mean yeah he might not use it much in character but it's an option. Also that's actually false. There's a calculation for lifting strength on his profile and it's very high end Class K, and even then it should scale above King Dedede of all people

Oh never mind the comments in the blog says it's actually Class M. Huh. So yeah Master Hand would be stronger with that gravity manipulation

Well if it reaches Class M, then it can yes. Before it could be more debatable as the Submarine is vasyly vastly stronger to ringo who did his Class K feat with 1 arm. Which since the difference isn't that much, and Ringo casually is the same class, and that Submarine is easily above him by a good shot, it could be debated. But it still also wouldn't as Spiking is only momentarily. So it would only send him flying down. But yes. I won't deny it is an option that's possible in character. He just wouldn't use it as much tbh in this kind of area.

I mean...hmm. I'm curious, could he open a portal to Final Destination, or reality warp them to a place that he's far more familiar with, such as an Omega Stage

Arguable if that's in character or not. We only see him fight on places such as Final Destination. Saying he wouldn't want to go into a similar environment is a bit silly in my opinion.

Anywho, uh...hmm. Master Hand feels stronger, and not a lot of Ringo's abilities feel useful in this situation. Time manipulation, and spacial manipulation, are going to mess him up. Same with sleep manipulation and status effect inducement

Even if it seems silly, it also would be sort of unjustified. When fighting in the canon story of Smash in ultimate, he doesn't teleport them to final destination. When fighting the bosses, he doesn't ever choose to teleport them to another stage mid fight. Never shown to be in character. If the area was odd enough, I would see the argument as valid that he would. (Like sans I would arthur would teleport to avoid something like an oncoming tsunami). But SBA puts in a relatively flat place. So Hand wouldn't have much trouble in the area he is in. It wouldn't effect his combat much at all.

Sleep manipulation likely wouldn't work on the fact he is inside the submarine, which would block the power. It would have to hit ringo himself as needing to make physical contact with them. I'm not sure on the power point. Hand may be stronger, but from the looks; they may be the same level. Submarine survives the destruction of everything, Hand being above someone who created everything

And yet the rest are still rather valid...and also I'm gonna be honest Master Hand seems leagues more powerful than this submarine. Like...hecc.

Viewing someone who is Low 2-C via their heartbeat as a toy is pretty powerful.

The other haxs should still work. Time haxs would slow ringo down or speed him up yes. Sleep requires contact though, so that one specifically wouldn't work.

Leagues above doesn't sound right. Master hand gets his justification by being above people who have created the world and time. And The submarine gets his gets theirs via surviving something that seemed to destroy the world and time entirely. And I don't think it was their heartbeat that caused it. It happened when they were born.

Basically what Ed said. That's quite the damn power difference considering Ringo...I believe had a similar feat. He might just see the damn thing as a toy sub

His feat is something that wiped out the Universe and time left it unhurt. I think creating a Verse and time is baseline. destroying is above baseline (cause to my understanding. Destroy > Creating), and Ringos feat is a good chunk above that as the submarine came out unscathed. And there is adding in the fact Master hand tends to hold back quite a bit.!

I just realized a power Ringo has himself that I've been sleeping on in his fights

Autocorrect butchered it. I fixed it. I was saying I just realized ringo has an ability I've been sleeping in his fights.

Gonna be real with you chief. Doesn't seem that powerful

"Despite despising music and having an extremely negative attitude, Ringo singing caused him to grow positive, upbeat, and enjoying music"

And also like...this justification is broken-

Destroying is not > creation. We treat those as the same. Destroying a space-time continuum is exactly baseline. Same with Creation. Master Hand massively upscales to the point where they're nothing but toys to his perspective.

I don't know where "Master Hand holds back" comes from. Nothing ever states that as far as I know.

I don't know where it comes from either. That's just a weakness he has noted and has had for a long while.

Jackythejack said:
Gonna be real with you chief. Doesn't seem that powerful

"Despite despising music and having an extremely negative attitude, Ringo singing caused him to grow positive, upbeat, and enjoying music"

And also like...this justification is broken-
It pacified someone who despised music and anything positive. So much to the point where he would not take Yes for an answer (like, even if the answer to his question was a yes, he would not take yes for an answer period, and would only get further in raged when told yes), and attacked pepper land cause of the music they played. And it turned him into being positive, up beat, gave up his attack on music, and wouldn't take no for an answer anymore. I'd say it's pretty potent

Master Hand is stated ot enjoy good fights in Melee's trophy description (Or fighting strong enemies). Also, even with the PIS, he fights much slower against the playable fighters than against Galeem and Dharkon's fighters, and he can fight an entire of them (And they are comparable to the regular fighters, as shown in the Galleem/Dharkon Boss fight)

Doesnt state who this "him" is. Just an unknown him grew to be positive

I'll update it with

"Despite The Blue Meanie despising music, being extremely aggressive and violent to anything upbeat, and being so anti positive, he would not take yes for an answer on literally anything, Ringo singing an upbeat song caused him to stop his attack on Pepperland, Started to like music, became much more positive and less aggressive, and started taking yes as an answer"

The Blue Meanie? I haven't gotten around to it. I really should do I can make a verse page too. So I can hold my Beatles pages in a group.

Back