• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soupy's Bracket Bowl: The Return! Semifinals!

Soupywolf5

They/Them
We're in the Semifinals! Our Champions are Ringo Starr from the Yellow Submarine, submitted by Buttersamuri! And Undyne from Undertale, submitted by Psychomaster35!

Speed is Equalized, Base Undyne is used and the Yellow Submarine is restricted

Ringo Starr is 0.02339 Tons, Undyne is 0.02422 Tons

The Current Standings!

Buttersamuri: 7 (Buttersamuri, Joaco0902, I'm Blue daba dee daba die, Niccokirby, GoCommitDi, Lonkitt, Christian Higdon)

Psychomaster35: 1 (Psychomaster35)

Soupywolf5:

And here we go, my vengence.

Righty. We know Undyne is slightly stronger, and that can come real handy. The words created would simply be countered by Undynes own spears, so each danmaku attack cancels each other out. As for how Undyne can actually deal with the clones, they would all have their souls turned green, and they are stuck and vulnerable. Teleporting may be questionable, but eventually, Undynes better experience (especially since she sparred with Asgore, so she should be experienced in handling danmaku), strength, skill, and green soul paralysis will ultimately be Ringo's downfall. Lets see what Butter has to object.

Ok. Time to do this

So they both are extremely similar physically. And both feats are extremely casual. If Undyne has a physical advantage. It's hardly anything. They basically match each other AP and durability wise. You can say Undyne is probably a bit stronger since her feat is slightly stronger, but it's hardly much. It's not even close to a 2 times AP difference.

LS wise, Ringo pretzels her with one finger. But melee combat probably won't happen too much.

So ringo will take this. Why?

Both are so physically similar. But Ringos better mobile and prepared for Undyne. He resists Paralyzing inducement, so Undyne ain't holding him in one spot, and with flight and similar range. He is more mobile. His clones and teleportation also gives him a huge leg up in avoiding and giving off attacks, as well his danmaku able to handle Undynes danmaku based attacks. Undyne doesn't have a way to hold him down due to his resistance, handle multiple angles of attacks from multiple sources, and take them down reliably when she isn't even physically superior. Even if she is, it's a tiny difference. Not nearly enough to handle ringo.

Ringo wins his matching physicality, surpassing LF, better danmaku, better defenses, resistance to Green mode, a regen to help heal damage should he even take any, and the powers to overwhelm her

Note. I didn't see your comment first. So this isn't really responding to all the points on your comment. I'll respond to what you have to say after I hear your response to this

I'll go ahead and cover your reasons

Stronger. Maybe. But hardly. Both feats were extremely casual and it's not even a 2 times difference. It's like a 1.1 to less difference in power, realistically no game changer

The reason for Dealing with the clones. She can't green mode them as they resist. Ringo can resist paralyzing inducement. And teleportation as well covers that. It's not like anything stops them from teleporting away from Undynes attacks or Undyne herself. She hasn't dealt with teleports before either. The effect doesn't last forever, and she has to tag multiple Ringos, while taking them down. As well, worry about taking attacks from multiple angles. It's not like Green mode suddenly stops him from being able to attack or defend himself. His words can be used as a shield They can interact with non physical. So even stuck not being able to move doesn't promise a way to hit him. And. She also has to attack at multiple angles. She isn't just fighting one. If she concentrates on one alone, the others will overwhelm her from different angles, if she tries to keep track of then at once, it weakened her danamku as having to spread it out, makes it harder to take them down as she has more to attack, and still is going to have trouble attacking one since they are physically similar with similar danamku

The danmaku wiseS they don't counter each other as since ringo has clones to attack, he would have the advantage there cause Multiple danmaku. It overwhelms. Plus the fact it's size is bigger than the spears. It's an easy defense. His danmaku is just better. Bigger, can defended, and at least matches her level in danmaku. (If not better)

I won't deny Undyne has skill. But the strength part is debatable and even when considering her stronger. It is so minimal of a difference it has no real effect (0.00083 difference). And he resists the green mode, and has answers to handling it anyway.

Fool, I am immortal.

Anywho, to refute...

Danmaku: Since she is used to keeping up with those of her level/superior danmaku such as Asgore, and the fact she trains several others, she should handle it good enough. Also, by checking up, "All You Need Is Love", the lyrics seem slow (except for the parts Lennon spoke fast), and the mass creation of it requires a chain reaction, hence, the cloning. But repeated attacks (especially if one is lucky enough to damage Ringo's throat) would lessen the words.

Attack: It should still be a good minor advantage, however.

"Better Mobile", no. If you were to piss Undyne off too much by purposefully taking her hits and not blocking, shes willing to go all out instantly via attacking at a faster rate, or fire even more spears while youre running away from her. It wouldnt matter, speed is equal anyways...

The slow beat doesn't change the fact they have filled the screen and created massive words each one. The danmaku she has faced is. It better or at least on par, and definitely better when considering clones. Training several others doesn't mean she can suddenly fight danmaku from multiple sources at once. We have no context on how she did it, if she even did it all at once, and if she even faced danmaku while doing it. She hasn't faced that. She has faced danmaku from one source. Not from multiple sources on multiple angles. She is going to be getting hit a lot and doing very little of any hitting at all, and regen can easily cover if he takes too much damage. Teleports to regen. And she has no way to stop him, and had to actively find him as well

Yes he is better mobile. He can literally fly. That's better mobility than Undyne who can't fly and can't prevent him from flying. She can't prevent movement either. So yes, he is better mobile

Undyne has what is a almost not even real AP advantage, and skill. And she has no answer to keeping ringo in one spot. Ringo Resisting her green mode, plus having power she hasn't faced before is a really bad position for her. Even taking on one ringo is hard enough due to teleportation, Danmaku, large attacks and AOE, and his smaller regen. His attacks also provide a large defense as their sheer size and basically same AP would be capable is stopping her onslaught of spears.

And I checked it. She has a 1.035485250106883 AP advantage. That's nothing

Ringo is going to be getting hit far less, can heal from getting hit, can give off far more attack, and the difference in power is basically nothing. She tries fighting even one ringo, and that ringo has Danmaku that can block her attacks and damage her, teleportation to dodge attacks and get out of site for surprise attacks, flight for mobility, and regen to heal if he takes some damage. Now add in clones and it's a certain death for Undyne

To sum it up though

Ringo is So much harder to hit do to defenses and ways to dodge far better than undyne (with danmaku, flight, and teleportation). harder to keep damage due to regen. And even one can handle the danmaku of attacks using his own as a defense and attack, and teleportation and flight as a means to avoid and stay away. Multiple Ringos is gonna overwhelm her. Her AP is so small it's irrelevant. It's not even a 1.1 AP advantage. How can Undyne Kill Multiple Ringos when touching one of them is immensely difficult. She has never faced someone who can teleport or resist her green mode (to our knowledge).

Ringo overwhelms with the power of Love. Love. Love is all he needs

Undyne collapses to her knees. Exhausted. It was too much. Too many hits from too many angles. She could barley tag one of them, let alone the several around her. Every hit she got, he got several in on her. Such powers, Such skill, Such determination. He had won. Her head looking up as he approached

Ringo: Your really strong. Had me worried quite a few times there. One on One, you really could have nicked me pretty badly. How about we stop this fighting though. Doesn't have to end badly.

He held a glass of water out to her. He could have easily killed her here, but he is choosing not too. Maybe this human isn't that bad. Taking the cup, she stood back up

Ringo: Great. Man, The others are really going to get a kick out of this place.

68C8022E-2C7F-4194-905B-69FA48DD3425

Alt ending

09782CB5-A5A2-4B23-8385-E1179178C4C7
He can't hold her head cause it turned to dust. So he is holding the dust of it on a dust pa

Buttersamuri said:
Undyne collapses to her knees. Exhausted. It was too much. Too many hits from too many angles. She could barley tag one of them, let alone the several around her. Every hit she got, he got several in on her. Such powers, Such skill, Such determination. He had won. Her head looking up as he approached
Ringo: Your really strong. Had me worried quite a few times there. One on One, you really could have nicked me pretty badly. How about we stop this fighting though. Doesn't have to end badly.

He held a glass of water out to her. He could have easily killed her here, but he is choosing not too. Maybe this human isn't that bad. Taking the cup, she stood back up

Ringo: Great. Man, The others are really going to get a kick out of this place.

68C8022E-2C7F-4194-905B-69FA48DD3425

Alt ending

09782CB5-A5A2-4B23-8385-E1179178C4C7
He can't hold her head cause it turned to dust. So he is holding the dust of it on a dust pan </div>

I love this.

Buttersamuri said:
I worked to make it quality. Maybe a little too much
The next round. I'm kind unsure
You're missing the chance to market off on the "no more fanmail" Ringo meme

Soupy has started his slumber. He will start the round when he pleases, which, more times than not, is when i'm busy.

Back