• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Master Chief vs SCP-096

WeeklyBattles said:
Question, which exactly are Chief's 8-B weapons?
Rocket Launcher, Spartan Laser, Hydra (Altought 8-C), Railgun and some others (SAW is the most relaiable).

Btw Sub-Relativistic vs only Supersonic?, the only way to not make this a stomp is Chief having all of his equipment.

WeeklyBattles said:
Question, which exactly are Chief's 8-B weapons?
The Spartan Laser is one because it can one hit kill other Spartans

Also I will equalize reactions in-case

The Spartan Laser is one because it can one hit kill other Spartans

Spartans only have 8-C durability though

Rocket Launcher, Spartan Laser, Hydra (Altought 8-C), Railgun and some others (SAW is the most relaiable).

Is there a calc that puts them at this level?

Mostly scaling to vehicles and killing Spartans.

Spartans Invulnerability < Scorpion, Warthogs, Blitzerbacks (Who can be killed by one Spartan Laser who probably scales to most Heavy Weapons), you can see the Spartan Calc. on Chief's Page.

How so? The only way Spartans have 8-B durability is with Armor Lock and Invincibility, neither of which can be damaged by any of those weapons

WeeklyBattles said:
How so? The only way Spartans have 8-B durability is with Armor Lock and Invincibility, neither of which can be damaged by any of those weapons
The Spartan's Invulnerability is not far from Heavy Vehicle's Dura. that can be killed by Heavy Weapons with Ease. not to mention that most are able to kill Groups of Spartans, but if you differ you can open a revision.

Just saying, Chief's page already states that he is barely durable enough to survive 1.5 GJ with his shields. That's Building level durability, not City Block level.

Yes but Invulnerability render him previous to all 8-C damage done by simple weapons, boosting his Dura., This is scaling to Overshields/Invisibility not to simple Dura. without boosts.

Yeah, heavy weapons can't damage him when he has Invulnerability, so they don't scale to it. If you think it's different then make a CRT, otherwise he should only be 8-C with heavy weapons.

Well seeing as Chief doesn't have any weapons in this scenario that can damage 096, let alone get past its regen, 096 takes this.

WeeklyBattles said:
Well seeing as Chief doesn't have any weapons in this scenario that can damage 096, let alone get past its regen, 096 takes this.
Well, his weapons would One-Shot (Spartan Laser, Rockets, etc...) but 096's Regen. and Speed are pretty much mega Outclassing John, the only thing that he would be able to take down 096 is Forerunner Weaponry but this arent stated to be on the battle so... my vote goes for 096.

Rocket Launchers are only 9-A actually, them one-shotting Spartans is mostly game mechanics, but they do severely injure Spartans in the novels. But yes, Fuel Rod Cannons are 8-C, which is where their durability comes from. However, Spartan Laser is 8-B, roughly 25.74 tonnes of TNT iirc, and they do typically obliterate 5 or 6 Spartans. Certain grenades are also 8-B and maybe the Scarab Gun. Spartan's having at least City-Block level durability is only applied with Armor locks or invincibility power ups; it's Building level otherwise.

Rocket Launchers are made for destroying Tanks that scale to Spartan Durability since these are made of the same/similar material of the Spartan Armor, the Rocket Launcher easily kills Spartans, as far as I remember the closest to the feat you said about injure Spartans is because they evade them or deflected them, the Rockets just OHK Spartans and Two-HK Scorpions. I dont know about the Laser calc. but seems very weird. The Scarab Gun is non-canon, but is Low 7-C or 1 kiloton scaling from normal Scarab Lasers.

Yes, and naturally Spartans have at best 8-C durability with their shields and without any sort of power ups or enhancements. Spartan Laser iirc was described as "pulverizing targets within a 2 meter blast radius." Volume of a sphere = (4/3) * pi * 2 meter = 33,510,000 cubic centimeters. 33,510,000 cc * 214.35 (j/cc) (Or pulverization of rock value) = 7,182,868,500 joules or 1.717 tonnes of TNT which is Building level+.

Oh, @WeeklyBattles is right, we might need to downgrade Halo, again.

Large Building level AP and Dura vs someone with at most building level durability. and 8-B AP with weapons. I'd give this ti 096 for regen, durability and AP. MC's only chance would be to throw down a bubble shield and detonate a nuke. But he doesn't have that here so my vote goes to 096

Well, Chief got downgraded due to Spartan laser being only Building level+ as opposed to City Block level; this thread is now a stomp and should be closed.

Even If this is kinda Stompy some UNSC weapons have Kinetic Bolts that work similar to Forerunner Weapons, Weapons that Ionize Low-High beings like the Flood.

Standart weapons like the Assault Rifle, Battle Rifle, Shotgun, SMG, etc... (They supossedly negate dura. too but I dont know too much about It)

Halo 5, they work as standart attachments for the guns (AR, BR, SMG) while the Shotgun has this Kinectik Canon, More Range and the complete magazine can be reload by just putting a bullet.

This is a stomp. Master Chief is not getting past that regen. Not to mention that 096 would one shot him. Master Chief's best chance is to throw down a bubble shield and detonate a nuke. But I don't think he'll have time to do that.

@KarmodF.

Wut? How are 9-C at most 9-B weapons going to scratch a being with High 8-C durability and High Mid regen.

The Ur-Didact would be a better opponent for 096.

Oh so its Forerunner tech. I'm fairly certain that wouldnt be something Chief would have as his standard equipment

Its experimental Forerunner tech. now used in Spartan Training and develop by the UNSC in the Arena and Warzone.

Well, I recently did a calc that puts the Incinerator Cannon at High 8-C, but that's so far the only weapon that reaches that high. Plus it's quite in inaccurate weapon. This is still a stomp in SCP's favor and I recommend closing it.

Edit: Calc for Incinerator cannon here.

^^

On an unrelated note. What about the splinter grenade? Is that going to be 8-C like the other weapons? Or are we going to take into account that it managed to harm the Ur-Didact iirc?

Do not know ATM, but I highly doubt it scales to Ur-Didact's durability. And actually, what happened after he got the splinter grenade in his chest is that he fell into his ship, and that same ship got blown up by a Havok Nuke; which Didact survived, but was severely injured.

I might Calc Splinter Grenade at some point.

Back