• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Massive Persona Almost-Verse-Wide Revisions

I haven't heard anything, so it should be safe to start. I'll make a note on the OP that you've started on it.

Thank you. I'm still admittedly inexperienced when it comes to page creation, but I'll get it done. :)

DarkGrath said:
I'm considering starting work on making that profile for True Nyx. Has anybody else already started on that, or is it good for me to give it a shot?
Isn't it easier to just rename Nyx Avatar's profile name to just Nyx and add a "true Nyx" key?

That is a possibilty. I have already started work on the profile for Nyx, but I'm willing to scrap it if that is considered a better idea. I do honestly think that they should be kept separate, since they are at least somewhat different entities, however I would like Solacis' opinion on the situation.

Dark warrior 100 said:
DarkGrath said:
I'm considering starting work on making that profile for True Nyx. Has anybody else already started on that, or is it good for me to give it a shot?
Isn't it easier to just rename Nyx Avatar's profile name to just Nyx and add a "true Nyx" key?
Honestly that would probably be best if possible. Not really an issue either way though

Sorry to interrupt again, but I wanted to quickly check something.

Given how little of the game the True form of Nyx actually appears, there are very few good quality images online. While this image is still technically a partially obscured version of Nyx, I was wondering if it would be acceptable for the profile.

Truenyx

By the way, one more question. This seems like a clear cut point on my end, but I just want to clarify it definitively. Would Nyx be considered to have all the same abilities as the Nyx Avatar?

Thank you for the recommendation, that shot will work excellently as the picture.

I'd think it's safe to assume that if a simple Nyx Avatar can do something, then True Nyx can very well do the same.

Thank you for the clarification. I assumed that to be the case, I simply wanted to be 100% sure.

By the way, just one last thing I would like some help with. Apart from the feats from the Nyx Avatar, it's important to note that the True Form of Nyx has very few feats to go off of. We still know them to be Low 2-C, but in terms of powers and abilities this makes things a bit tricky. I have been able to identify some small things (such as Large Size, I believe Type 4) but if there is anything worth mentioning it would be appreciated to let me know.

I'm very close to finishing the page on the True Nyx. It's 5am right now. Someone kill me.

All done! Here it is. Now time to collapse and die in a hole.

All jokes aside, I'll admit. The abilities section is still somewhat lacking, apart from the few things I could pick up from the little info we have. I'm hoping more details will be discovered in the future. Until then, after all this time, we finally have a page for the true form of Nyx. :D

Oh yeah, of course. I was about to fix it up with a few edits on there anyway.

First there were all the memes about everybody being 3-A, now Low 2-C? Eventually 1-A is going to be the summer trend.

how dare you talk about game franchises getting massive upgrades and not mention Devil May Cry

By the way, now that I've published the Nyx page, I think it'd be best to get the tiering and speed changes resolved soon, since otherwise the Nyx page and it's statistics would look bizzarre to an outside observer. Are there any people who still need to agree/disagree with the changes for it to be implemented?

Apologies for going off topic but what does everyone think about adding acrobatics to the listings of the P5 crew + Aketchi. The parkor they preform (excluding Futaba who has flight) is what differetiates P5 from P3 and P4 the most imo dungeon wise. P5 parkor is comparable to arcobatic feats in Naruto whos verse has it listed as baseline for all characters (they jump from tree to tree, stylized fast jumps similar to jumps from cover to cover in P5). Other games with similar parkor such as Mirrors Edge and Assassins Creed have it similarly listed.

I also feel as if it does not fall under the current ability of stealth mastery since it is a physical achievement (Joker crashes through window in Saes palace, twists his body midair, and lands on his feet unharmed; it was not a subtle or stealthy action) and that Superhuman Characteristics is only a measure of power and not finesse nor skill.

This was my original post I was arguing for but with the discussion of Type-2 Immortality it kind fell by the wayside. This would be part of their baseline key.

Yeah, that seems reasonable to me! It's a pretty minor skill, admittedly, but it's certainly applicable.

I'd hate to draw attention away from your topic yet again, but I do have a little clarification I want to make. For the Nyx profile, I've been considering what kind of ability creating the Collective Unconscious would be. Would that be considered concept manip? I'm just generally trying to think of abilities that the True Nyx would have that their avatar does not.

To me it comes across as one of the two fundemantal cores of the P5 movements system, stealth and parkor. Since they utilize thier stealth mostly though parkor (hiding behind/jumping between terrain, objects, vertical movements and climbing) instead of other means (camo, invisibility, technology, scent damening, spells etc) it seems odd to include one without the other.

Besides most of their animation (especially critical hits and all out attack) involve various flips, jumps and complex movements. The other Persona characters tend to keep their feet on the ground.

Yeah, I agree with acrobatics.

DarkGrath said:
Yeah, that seems reasonable to me! It's a pretty minor skill, admittedly, but it's certainly applicable.
I'd hate to draw attention away from your topic yet again, but I do have a little clarification I want to make. For the Nyx profile, I've been considering what kind of ability creating the Collective Unconscious would be. Would that be considered concept manip? I'm just generally trying to think of abilities that the True Nyx would have that their avatar does not.
I apoligize but I don't really feel I am knowledgeable enough with the P3 material to make a difinative or even passable statement. I would think since Nyx is (?) the concept of death itself that would hold some merit but I am unaware of the nuances. Like if Nyx was destroyed (by some outside cabable force) would death cease to exsist? Edit: Also I don't think Nyx creating the collective subconcious was really a decision by Nyx. Wasn't it just an effect of humanity resisting the Fall (death manipulation)?

Back