• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Massive Persona Almost-Verse-Wide Revisions

Alright, so when can we get started on the changes?

I'm not super familiar with the source mode on fandom, but I can change the tiers and add on abilities, as well as cite things back to here.

Basically if it's possible in Visual mode I can handle it.

Well... I can see where you are coming from with the DLC Personas. And given how it fits in with the story surprisingly well, I'm genuinely willing to believe that they are canon. However, I'm not 100% sold on the skills. Outside of pure gameplay, those Personas never use those skills when used by literally anyone else, and yet all of them originate from other people using them in the franchise. Given that simply having the Persona designs in the DLC wouldn't have really been worth it, I find it more likely that those skills were just put in as something along the lines of non-canon extras or GC, purely to give more worth to the DLC's. Again, outside of Persona 5's DLC, not even a single one of those skills are ever depicted by the characters who normally wield those Personas. Still, I'm willing to concede on this point if there's a good argument to be made.

Also, about KnightOfSunlight's comment. Should we start implementing the changes to the profiles? So far there has been unanimous agreement with both the knowledgables of the Persona verse and an admin who is heavily involved. I think this can all go through.

I... don't know about the DLC Personas. I find myself leaning towards Grath's point, since the true users of those Personas never once use anything like those moves, it seems a bit suspect to add them on because of something that is very much debatable in terms of canonicity. I'd say we should probably treat it like optional equipment, if it is inculded, since well... we can't know if they're canon.

And I don't see a reason why not to start the updates. An admin and knowledgable members have all expressed approval.

KnightOfSunlight said:
Alright, so when can we get started on the changes?
I'm not super familiar with the source mode on fandom, but I can change the tiers and add on abilities, as well as cite things back to here.

Basically if it's possible in Visual mode I can handle it.
Well... from what I know after creating the Nyx page, you should be able to handle 99% of it in Visual Mode, but you'll want to at least look over it in Source Mode, and cross reference what you see with lists such as Common Editing Mistakes. I had to do a ton of editing after posting the Nyx profile because I was contacted about the many, many issues with formatting, and even slight edits can mess it up if you're not careful. Just in general, you can do it in Visual Mode, but be careful.

Got it. I'll have to run it over a few times, then.

I'm not super familiar with coding so... source mode is gonna look a bit strange, but I've hade enough experience trying to fix the fourm messages when they go wonky that I can at least tell when something goes wrong.

The updates can be started now. Just remember that a rough template can be found in the blog link in the OP.

As for DLC Personas, I really don't mind much that they aren't added, since my reasons are admittedly shaky. That and I'm pretty sure I'm not thinking too straight with all the stress piling up on me these past couple days.

Solacis said:
The updates can be started now. Just remember that a rough template can be found in the blog link in the OP.
As for DLC Personas, I really don't mind much that they aren't added, since my reasons are admittedly shaky. That and I'm pretty sure I'm not thinking too straight with all the stress piling up on me these past couple days.
I'm sorry to hear that, mate. I hope things turn out a bit better for you soon.

On another note, I think I might make a start on Makoto Yuki's profile. I'm gonna grab myself a can of liquid caffeine and slam this into the ground.

Alright, let me run down the edits I'll do before I do them so we can cross check and catch anything I do wrong.

Starting with my first and favorite Persona Protagonist, Minato Arisato/Makoto Yuki:

Tier change for Universe Arcana and Messiah: 4-A -> At least Low 2-C

Resistances Changes: None notable

And the rest should follow the change to At least Universe Level+

Makoto would also be Low 2-C before getting the Universe Arcana, due to fighting Elizabeth pre NG+.

One quick question, actually. With this in mind, should Makoto's profile be divided into 3 keys, early game, late game, and Messiah? Early game would stay as 7-A under these circumstances.

I'll start writing it up as such. If there are any complaints or rebuttals I'm willing to change it.

Wait, wait. Actually, this doesn't work. His 7-A rating is derived from Erebus, who is getting upgraded to Low 2-C.

I mean... that seems kind of odd to me, but I'll keep it as such. It can be changed later, if need be.

Alright then, it's no big deal if it needs to be changed.

Now, for the Siscon Kingpin of a very hard metal alloy.

His endgame is changed to Low 2-C, and his w/ Izanagi-no-Okami is changed to At least Low 2-C for one-shotting Izanami.

Speed is rescaled for Endgame and w/ The World (dubstep fart) to be MFTL+ by scaling to Jokah.

Add Resistance to perception manipulation and BFR. Add Empowerment of Durability via Willpower.

Add his Glasses as standard equip.

If that's all, I'll get to work.

I think I've gotten the major Power/Ability/Tier changes all set for Makoto!

I'm finishing up Yu's profile as we speak. Once I'm done, I'll read over it once and then it'll be finished.

For the summary, should I explain every change or just state that he's be rescaled in accordance with this thread?

Just link to this thread and mention that's where the changes came from. That's what I did.

And that's the big harem lord done.

Now to actually make every other Persona character's page.

...I don't have enough coffee for this...

AND I CERTAINLY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH DIET COKE FOR THIS

But, in related news, just finished the page for Erebus.

ALSO

Nearly made this mistake, had to go back to fix it.

Change the categories for their tiers.

I'll do the Nyx Avatar, since I just handled True Nyx.

Editors' Note:

For those making changes to the profiles. If you can, try to arrange the abilities listed in P&A in order of: abilities inherent to self and standard equipment > abilities granted by offensive persona skills > abilities granted by defensive persona skills > persona resistances > resistances inherent to self. It makes things a lot easier to look through.

I'll probably edit the other Wild Cards' profiles myself to make it like Joker's where everything's separated into tabbers for easy viewing, since the Wild Cards have such a varied skillset.

MagiSinbad said:
Need to note that Elizabeth's tier justification is just vague
(Caroline and Justine, who can challenge a very late game Ren Amamiya, are scared of being scolded by her and Margaret)
The justification is indeed vague, but it can just be re-worded. All the Velvet Room Attendants are comparable to each other, save Margaret, who's never lost once, even to Elizabeth, although if she didn't leave the room for whatever reason, she probably got wrecked by Yaldy during the takeover.

DarkGrath said:
I think I've gotten the major Power/Ability/Tier changes all set for Makoto!
Should probably add a spoiler warning for Persona 3 on that page.

Actually, we should probably have a spoiler warning on all the protagonists' and main villains' pages.

All done with the Nyx Avatar.

Who should we handle next, now that Mitsuru and the Nyx Avatar are dealt with?

Wait, wait

Kotone

She's practically a carbon copy of Makoto, but her profile both needs these updates and is SERIOUSLY out of date in its summary. It still thinks she's non-canon.

I'll handle it.

Also, a few already existing profiles for Persona 3 and 4 characters need to be updated with the statistics.

Here

Right, I almost forgot... I need to message Antvasima about unlocking the Tier 2 Persona profiles in case his script automatically locks them, but for that, I need the exact page names of every Tier 2 Persona profile, not including the ones that were already Tier 2 before this revision. Here's an example of how to write it down:

Kotone Shiomi

Nyx (Persona)

Erebus

Makoto Yuki

Nyx Avatar

Kotone Shiomi

Aigis

Mitsuru Kirijo

Junpei Iori

Koromaru

Erebus

Messiah