• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Zark2099 said:
Yes, with weaponry. That would mean Killian, Whiplash, and Ultron have tanked a 7-C blast.

We finally have a decent scaling for Ultron to rest of the cast, 7-C would ruin that.

Iron Man doesn't have to necessarily scale to Loki, since Tony caught him by suprise
to be more specific: i mean lasers and unibeam.

@Antvasima

I've further contacted an administrator, 2 content moderators and a discussion moderator. I assume that will be enough.

It depends on if they are interested in helping out, although this is not part of the content moderators' assigned tasks.

Zark2099 said:
7-C Iron Man kinda ***** the scaling tho doesn't it? That will likely make most Iron Man villains and Ultron 7-C which is kind of BS.

I'll try to contact more staff members.
Only his lasers would be 7-C. He one-shot Ultron with it. His unibeam would probably scale to vaporizing Bucky's arm but IIRC that's just calculated as 9-A to 8-C.

His repulsers being High 7-C would be weird. Probably he doesn't scale to Loki at all?

Loki's tier is weirdly higher than what he's potrayed in Avengers. I think we shouldn't be using him to scale anything at all.

Do we really need admin support for Cap revisions?

The people who were against this change have quit the discussion long ago, and as far as I can remember Qawsedf was neutral on the matter in the long run.

This seems pointlessly detour-ey.

I just want some additional confirmations, since this seems controversial.

And for the record, Cap's AP won't scale to his dura unless he draws blood from someone who is the same dura as him.

Tbh aside from the Quicksilver thing I really don't see much wrong with the 9-As staying the way they are.

AFAIK, Matt seems to be okay. But I'd suggest asking him once more, Ant.

Matthew Schroeder said:
8-C is better than 8-A or worse Tier 7
8-A now only applies to Tony going at full speed and won't apply to his Striking Strength unless he's tackled anyone at that speed and wounded another person of 8-A dura, and High 7-C Iron Man was already a big no.

The the higher with weaponry doesn't really matter rn since we want to fix the scaling for just the physicals. If everyone basically agrees (including staff members) with 8-C IM and Cap/Bucky being stonewalls, shall we just implement them?

Yes. That seems to be right.

For the record, IM will have At least Building level+ striking strength and dura via virtue of having built armors superior to the Mk. III, which generates 8 gigawatts.

I think so. Matthew is trusted staff member (his comment was on Cap, that is what my wall message asked him to comment on) and this is a generally agreed scaling. I'll wait for Ant to respond however

And now we simply wait where Cap fights against another Building level dura character and draws blood from him/her. Now that's what you really call "getting hurt". *cough* Red Skull drawing blood from Cap but it's a one-time event *cough*

Anyway, now we can focus on giving base Tony a key. I'd possibly suggest his physical stats be 9-C since he can stagger Happy and possibly 9-B dura because he survived being hurled through protective glass by Loki.

Also I don't really think that Spidey's Homecoming suit really enhances his physical stats at all and there's also no evidence of it suggesting otherwise, AFAIK it only upgrades the webbing, adds more tech features and gliding.

I agree with Spino. Civil War shows that his repulsors can be dialed down from being strong enough to fling someone into a wall with enough force to crater it, to not being able to damage the wall at all.

Since Matthew seems fine with this, I am as well.

Why Quicksilver's tier is variable and why his durability doesn't scale from his striking strength?

Well we are more of a statistic indexing wiki than a vs battles wiki despite the name, so I still think we should use "Varies" even if it is not applicable in vs matches.

Quicksilver is variable since he likely needs to build up momentum in order to attack. It literally makes no sense for him to damage Hawkeye and Captain America in the same way unless his attack strength varies.

The durability might be a mistake idk.

Back