• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Massive Dark Souls Downgrades 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
He attacks you because he needed the dark soul, that part I agree with.

He said it was the blood of the dark soul, not the dark soul. He remade the dark soul within himself from the dried blood of the pygmies, and he came to posses a lot of it, but he didn't have the actual dark soul. That was Manus, he had the dark soul, he made the abyss, hole for the creatures who itilize it's power.

There is evidence actually pointing to the fact that manus is not the furtive pigmy

There is no actual confirmation that he is its just a widely accepted theory for the most post

Mr. Bambu said:
Well. Going stable, at least. If the flame dies something goes on. A new flame can be seen, somewhere down the line from the darkness if you just let the flame die.
from what we see in ds3 and what we hear form solair in ds1 is that the first flame keeps time and the universe stable keeping different timelines from spilling into one another and when it fades, warriors from past future and different worlds althogether can be pulled back and forth through time apearing in different eras

and we see what happens to time when the flame gose out with the whole dark firelink shrine which seems to be sitting outside of time all together(as you can quit litraly just walk to it even though its in the past and should be in a completely different area of the world but its not, also in that arear the flame has gone out while the flame outside of it hasn't) but is still some how effected by it, it seems to be situated in the past due to line from ludleth but it is effected by the future as seen in the fact that after we kill the abyss watchers (which takes place after the flame was linked by ludleth ageing aka after the dark fire link and the fading of the flame) the hornet ring and wolf blood armor just pop into existence there out of nowhere which is just strange. The only conclusion i can come too is that the flame is stabalazing time from just going all over the place and having future and past just spill into one another and i don't know how to quantife that feat at all

That was Manus, he had the dark soul, he made the abyss, hole for the creatures who itilize it's power.
Manus didn't have the full dark soul, just a big chunk of it

The dark soul was split in the age of ancients to create humanity

Konaguna said:
He attacks you because he needed the dark soul, that part I agree with.
He said it was the blood of the dark soul, not the dark soul. He remade the dark soul within himself from the dried blood of the pygmies, and he came to posses a lot of it, but he didn't have the actual dark soul. That was Manus, he had the dark soul, he made the abyss, hole for the creatures who itilize it's power.
manus didn't have the intre dark soul a small part sure

but the fertive pigmy(possibly manus and likely even) shattered the dark souls into countless parts and gave it to humanity the humanity we can gain in ds 1 are the small parts of the dark soul some are bigger then others(the twin humanities) but all of them are just that parts not the whole thing.

gael has acumulated most of the dark soul as he was stated to have "The red-hooded, wandering slave knight Gael sought the blood of the dark soul as pigment for the Painted World. But Gael knew he was no Champion, that the dark soul would likely ruin him and that he had little hope of a safe return" epmethis on the dark soul he gained the remainder of it after consuming the pigmy lords meaing that either the pigmy lords had most if not all of the dark soul or that gael has killed every other human and consumed their humanity

Low-key think that most Abyss bosses should scale to 4-C but whatever.

Gael attacks you because he's hollow. Let me explain it like this.

Hollowness = Losing your will, as an undead, yes? It happens because you have nothing to strive for- your hope in your mission is lost or your mission is done and thus no objective remains to keep your ebbing strength from fading.

Gael goes hollow literally the second he discovers he has the Dark Soul in his blood. The instant.

Sir Ovens said:
Low-key think that most Abyss bosses should scale to 4-C but whatever.
I honestly don't see what makes Gwyn's Lord Soul any better than the other 3. Like, every other Lord Soul is 6-B while the one he gets just happens to be unfathomably higher than all of them combined? Doubt. I don't doubt tier 4, just none of the OG Lord Souls scaling to it, especially since they all got a chunk of Gwyns in the first place. Hell, it wasn't even the Lord Soul that Gwyn used, it was his own normal soul seeing as he gave up his Lord Soul to everyone else.

Gwyn becoming a LoC nerfed him, and the Dark Soul is def tier 4 considering that Gael is the last boss in DS3. I doubt that Bed of Chaos is the Witch of Izalith at her best anyways. Guess nito just sucks lol @lightbuster

I always thought the Dark Soul increased in potency over time, since at first Gwyn was able to basically hold back the Age of Dark for entire eras but later Lords of Cinder like the Abyss Watchers were able to become overcome by it.

Remember that originally the Dark Soul didn't stay a complete soul very long, being dispersed throughout humanity. By Gael times it's all consolidated into 3 dudes: Gael, You, and that one Ring Knight who apparently survived to the end of the world. This soon becomes one, with the Ashen One claiming the full Dark Soul along with several Lord Souls.

It may have been comparable from the start, especially since Gwyn was scared enough of it to indirectly cause every single problem in the series, but it wasn't consolidated for very long.

Minor Nitpick, but was the Darksoul really whole when you gave it to the painter? I'm pretty sure there were a few humans at the Shrine who weren't murdered and had their humanity stolen. (though I haven't completed Ringed City so who knows)

ÐêLightbuster30 said:
Minor Nitpick, but was the Darksoul really whole when you gave it to the painter? I'm pretty sure there were a few humans at the Shrine who weren't murdered and had their humanity stolen. (though I haven't completed Ringed City so who knows)
I have to spoil this but in the end of the ringed city you get shoved into the future after a certain event takes place it seems that you have been pulled to very and i mean VERY far future with nothing but ash and some destroyed cities remaining and it seems that everyone is dead execp you and gael

> Spoiling a 2016 game in 2019

Also, MINOR NITPICK but technically not everyone is dead. A ringed knight wanders the dunes and Shiva is wandering about waiting for you.

So ye.

Ughhhh idk where do I begin or what do I do at Thai point, it's gone to something completely different than I expected ƒÿɃö½

Guess I'll ask for scans about Gael getting the full dark soul (and no, just using the term "dark soul" ain't enough, lots of others have a dark soul but theirs isn't complete), since I'm pretty sure that ain't the case as Manus Played a major role regarding the dark soul and no one ain't got his part. His soul was so great, he completely lost it

Also Gael didn't go hollow, he was corrupted by the dark soul

Technically manus' soul wasn't lost because not only does the player character get it in the first game but nashandra and all of her sisters are pieces of him

Mr. Bambu said:
> Spoiling a 2016 game in 2019
Also, MINOR NITPICK but technically not everyone is dead. A ringed knight wanders the dunes and Shiva is wandering about waiting for you.

So ye.
well the guy didn't play it yet so you know still can be spoiled

and a total of 2 other living charaters is rather small

Also you have to remember that Gael finishes killing the last pygmy lord right as you enter the boss room

As in he couldn't have killed those two because you kill him first

Konaguna said:
Guess I'll ask for scans about Gael getting the full dark soul (and no, just using the term "dark soul" ain't enough, lots of others have a dark soul but theirs isn't complete), since I'm pretty sure that ain't the case as Manus Played a major role regarding the dark soul and no one ain't got his part. His soul was so great, he completely lost it
Also Gael didn't go hollow, he was corrupted by the dark soul
The second bit is just wrong tbh, part two Gael is even harmed more by weapons like the Hollowslayer Greatsword. Undead avoid becoming hollow by having a purpose. His purpose fulfilled (and at the end of the world, with no other purpose available to him) he becomes hollow.

"Is harmed more by the weapons like holoowslayer"

That's cuz he's a Human, who naturally hollows but he himself never got hollow

He became corrupted by the dark soul, that's why he became all big and lumpy, just like arty. Plus Hollows don't speak, they're insane to the point where they attack without hesitation and reason. Gael has a reason to kill you, since it was the only way for him to get what he wanted, he never went hollow, just corrupted, succumbed to the abyssal powers just like Artorias

Also, I don't recall invaders being able to spawn themselves in different points in time, they have to be alive at the same time as you are, meaning if their phantom spawns, then they bound to be present elsewhere

That wouldn't make sense, as the Hollowslayer only does extra damage in Gael's second form.

If he was corrupted he would take extra damage throught all the fight

And

Ledo invades from the past, as he's a being as old as Havel and as seen by the giant priests being able to summon a phantasmal clone of him, he's very dead in the current time.

Konaguna said:
"Is harmed more by the weapons like holoowslayer"
That's cuz he's a Human, who naturally hollows but he himself never got hollow

He became corrupted by the dark soul, that's why he became all big and lumpy, just like arty. Plus Hollows don't speak, they're insane to the point where they attack without hesitation and reason. Gael has a reason to kill you, since it was the only way for him to get what he wanted, he never went hollow, just corrupted, succumbed to the abyssal powers just like Artorias
No. He became hollow and we all know what hollowness actually means in-verse. Also, no. Hollows do speak, did you even play the Ringed City? Patches even states he is hollow when he talks to you. Gael is damaged more by Hollow weapons. He is Hollow.

No, hollows don't speak, never have and ringed city is obviously an inconsistent exception. Dark souls 1 hollows never spoke, neither did dark souls 2 or 3 hollows. The "Hollows" that speak If patches claims he's hollow then he's not hollow Lmao, an NPC that's hollow doesn't know that he's hollow until it's too late. Literally every hollow just attacks you without a warning. Same as Crestfallen and the princess do.

But yeah, let's say that Gael is hollow, if he goes hollow after phase one then that's fine, to end this shit because I honestly have no idea what is supposedly trying to be proved here anymore.

Overlord775 said:
That wouldn't make sense, as the Hollowslayer only does extra damage in Gael's second form.

If he was corrupted he would take extra damage throught all the fight

And

Ledo invades from the past, as he's a being as old as Havel and as seen by the giant priests being able to summon a phantasmal clone of him, he's very dead in the current time.
Scans for this?

Konaguna said:
No, hollows don't speak, never have and ringed city is obviously an inconsistent exception. Dark souls 1 hollows never spoke, neither did dark souls 2 or 3 hollows. The "Hollows" that speak If patches claims he's hollow then he's not hollow Lmao, an NPC that's hollow doesn't know that he's hollow until it's too late. Literally every hollow just attacks you without a warning. Same as Crestfallen and the princess do.
But yeah, let's say that Gael is hollow, if he goes hollow after phase one then that's fine, to end this shit because I honestly have no idea what is supposedly trying to be proved here anymore.
1. Yes they do. Often they are maddened, I'll give you that. But Siegboi (as I now call him) from Dark Souls 1 speaks despite clearly going hollow as you further his questline.

2. The point is he had the Dark Soul for some reason you just focused on an irrelevant topic for some reason.

3. (This one is @Overlord) Yeah no. Ringed City is a collision of eras. Ledo invading from the past I'm 99.9% certain is unfounded, and the other invasions in the area are also from past eras. Once again "lawltimeisconvuluted.jpg"

1) Elaborate please

2) once again, he didn't, he just had a large portion of it *cough* Manus *cough* which CU got later

3) that pic of yours ain't loading

2 If you eat every single humans soul and each of them have part of the dark soul you don't get the dark soul?

3 it's not a picture it was a joke

1) wdym? As I said. Siegmeyer of Catarina can still speak when he goes hollow, or begins to. Furthermore, Gael doesn't really talk after he goes hollow anyways IIRC.

2) Agree to disagree. It's pretty blatantly the blood of the dark soul- not a soul fragment, the whole shabang. Interpret it how you will.

3) wha

1) Obvious Inconsitency, I agree that gale goes hollow since it actually makes sense, but hollows are always deprived as mindless creatures with no purpose, that's literally what selerates them form the undead.

2) Never said it wasn't the dark soul, I'm merely saying Gael does not have the entire dark soul. Just like Seath, four kings don't have the complete soul of light.

3) Wasn't a pic? Nevermind then

1) Gael goes Hollow right after he discovers he has back blood has seen by the fact that he takes more damage from Hollowslayer and the fact the he goes full on Berserker Armor Guts in phase 2 of the fight.

2)the Pigmy lords holded most of the dark soul, which BTW Manus was one of. Gael devoured them, so he holds the most of the dark soul since the first pigmy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back