• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mask de Masculine attacks lightspeed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
I don't know how many times this needs to be explained.

This doesn't matter. in the spiritual world everything has spiritual aspects to it it's the very foundation for the realms existence.

These photons and everything are all spiritual. They're all reishi.
This seems like a rather stupid question to ask but isn't there a barrier around the Seiretei which stops all Reishi from coming in? Wouldn't that stop the sunlight too?

In which case if the Sunlight or energy emitted by those Stars in Soul society was Either Spiritual Matter or Spiritual energy shouldn't Seiretei be in complete darkness?

@AstralKing7

Really, I'm a little new here and in that short period I realized that.

@Sigurd

In fact, after all reishi is the same thing as atoms but as souls.

This seems like a rather stupid question to ask but isn't there a barrier around the Seiretei which stops all Reishi from coming in? Wouldn't that stop the sunlight too?

In which case if the Sunlight or energy emitted by those Stars in Soul society was Either Spiritual Matter or Spiritual energy shouldn't Seiretei be in complete darkness?

Shakonmaku dosen't stop everything, things can get through; ie, Ryoka Gang with the Reiatsu Ball, Gremmy's meteor, Ichigo himself, and etc.

Yup that's correct,it proves sunlight is photons

A side question if a light beam is proven not to be made out of reishi or any kind of energy is it automatically asusumed to be made of photons?just asking cause there are some other feats in my mind

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
Shakonmaku dosen't stop everything, things can get through; ie, Ryoka Gang with the Reiatsu Ball, Gremmy's meteor, Ichigo himself, and etc.
Well according to the databook "high density" items like the things you listed can get through simply because they are high density items

Light on the other hand has no density nor volume, as it's an electromagnetic wave not matter

Naw^ that's when it needs more evidence. It can be stated to be a light beam jsut because it gives off light. I can think of a particular series right now that says beam of light but the ability itself is not light based

Sekkonds. said:
Yup that's correct,it proves sunlight is photons

A side question if a light beam is proven not to be made out of reishi or any kind of energy is it automatically asusumed to be made of photons?just asking cause there are some other feats in my mind
Generally if it comes from a realistic source such as a camera or a lamp or even the sun itself it's assumed to be made of photons

Usually it's assumed not to be made of photons if it comes as a result of the persons magical energy such as Lille or Darui or Frieza

SheogorathMadness0 said:
@Tatahakai
so is the feat of sword 9 legitimate? He dodged the sunlight, not wanting to derail the topic but it's just my curiosity.
I think the only argument against it in the past was

1. Outlier (doesn't really work now)

2. He got his ass outta there way before the sun even became a factor as he saw through rukia's movements

3. It was artificial light created by Aizen as las noches doesn't actually have a real sky

Not my arguments btw, just recounting the thread about it

Doubt:

Does the Beam retract in a reflective material prove that it is Natural Light ...? Or is it not necessary to be Natural Light? Will it still be LS?

I really don't knowledge about it so forgive me if it sounds like a stupid question

JuniorGabrielXxX said:
Doubt:
Does the Beam retract in a reflective material prove that it is Natural Light ...? Or is it not necessary to be Natural Light? Will it still be LS?

I really don't knowledge about it so forgive me if it sounds like a stupid question
If something isn't stated to be light speed, other traits of light can be used to support a light based attack being light speed.

It seems like it'd get a pass but i'm not too sure. For now i'll be following the arguments.

Well so far the counter arguments are...

• Color of the beam?
    • Don't think this is an actual thing though, sounds like nonsense to me.
  • Viz writing "Klang" on a panel?
    • Don't think this is an actual thing either, but if it were the Japanese scans show something that can't be read nor says "Klang".
  • But Zanpakuto are spiritual weapons
    • Already addressed as well. Zanpakuto are at a base level just swords. And show they have reflective surface as shown in the scan that's in OP just like normal metal objects.
  • Maybe Renji smacked it away like a baseball or something
    • Not possible considering he simply appeared in front of the beam. The character firing the beam states he diverted the beam.
So all the arguments were easily countered. So unless someone has a real argument here against it. Whoever disagreed is irrelevant since their arguments are either debunked or fallacious.

@Siguard; the question I asked about the color of the beam was to try and see if it matched up with how Kubo depicted light elsewhere in the manga to see if he intended for Mask's attack to be interpreted as actual light.

Really the color does not differ at all, using this to try to somehow try to disqualify it is kind of complicated.

Also, does anyone have the raw page for when Mask refers to it as a beam of light?

A A A Looks like you've all come to an agreement so there's no need for me to say anything. If it's accepted that Renji reflected it, then sure, I agree. Don't think you all needed my opinion though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back