• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Masadaverse Explanation Redux: Singularity and Taiji value

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye, the end is nigh.

Introductio
Just like the title suggests, this thread is made for the sole purpose of revising and improving the Singularity and Taikyoku value section of the infamous Masadaverse Explanation Page. As many of you may have noticed, our current explanation particularly on the Singularity is - no offense to the creator - extremely lacking in both information and evidence, and therefore needs to be fixed. This has been an issue that no one even bothered addressing about for years, an enormous elephant in the room If I would say so myself. So here I am, proposing that we change the description and make quite some additions to the page.

I'll also mention that I would like to give some credits to ALRF or SleepyTBubble, as he was the one who helped me out quite a few times with the content of the thread itself.

Let's begin without further ado.

The Singularity
Currently the biggest mess on the whole page, why? See it for yourself.

Here's the current Singularity section on our explanation page:

- Next is the Singularity, the singularity is a tear in reality to the Throne where the godhead resides. Usually generated by a clash of Hadou Atziluth-Tai between the Throne and the lowest floor. Basically singularities are created from the collision between the "Color" or Law of Hadou Gods, the world is "unaffected" by the Law of the Hadou where God does not exist and is not affected by the Law as they block the flow of Law and became the Singularity rather than be influenced by the Supreme Law (Atziluth-Tai).

The multiverse is the lowest floor.

Things seem fine from the first glance since the information is fairly accurate, but unfortunately, that is not the case at all. The page is missing way too many details on the Singularity, its nature, its function, and the "beings" who reside within it aren't even mentioned.

Not convinced?

Let's take a quick look at this one sca and this sca - what does the context say so far?

Please do note that this is the context of the scan, not the exact translation of it.

• Singularity is a realm of colorless Taiji that can be comprehended and interacted only be deities
  • The nature of the Singularity is completely incomprehensible to mortals and would shatter their minds when hypothetically exposed to it.
  • It is the "center of all creation", a place that gives birth to new ideas/natural laws and a place where the "colors" or "shades" from the past reside
  • A place that is under the possession of the Supreme Law/Throne God
  • The size of the Singularity is infinite
  • The shades must be thoroughly understood and overcome in order to reach the throne
"Just add them to the pages and be done with it." You know how much I wanted to say that, but there's a lot more to it.

The Depth of the Singularity
This is quite an important part of the Singularity, yet it was nowhere to be seen in the explanation page.

Why is it so important?

In order to reach the Throne, the challenger may opt to drill through the Singularity using their laws , and without "strength" that matches or exceeds the "depth" of the Singularity, they will never succeed in doing so as it will be too deep. Such was the case of Tenma Yato's desperate struggle.

How does this "depth" work?

Having been described as a beyond-dimensional "blank zone", the "place" has no dimensional properties at all. As such, this depth we talk about could very well be something metaphysical that is related to "Atman".

Here's some classic explanation made by Habaki's narrative

Context: The depth of the Singularity varies depending on the Throne God's power, a god with more power would simply generate a "deeper" Singularity.

How does the "depth" of the Singularity vary from a throne god to another? How great of a difference is it?

Singularity generated from a higher god is much much deeper than those generated by the lesser ones. Going back to the classic explanation and Yakou sinking into the Singularity, he made a comparison between Hajun's and Mercurius' singularities. It appeared that even to Yakou Madara, a Taiji user with special connection to the throne who can sink as "deep" as he wants in the Singularity, Hajun's singularity was just unfathomably deeper than Mercurius'.

But how much deeper exactly?

Let's take a quick look at few other instances where the difference of "depth" is shown.

• Mercurius' comments regarding an emanation of Fuji Ren and Reinhard Heydrich to the bottom of the "hole" where the Throne lies beyond. - They would only keep on "falling" down endlessly.
  • Tenma Yato's attempt in drilling Hajun's singularity - He could never, ever drill through it, no matter how much he tried. it was simply to deep for him - the same guy who has the original version of Shiori's infinite possiblity spam, could never pull it off.
As seen in the scans, it has been consistently portrayed throughout the entire series that higher level of "depth" would simply outclass the lower one to the point that it might as well be "bottomless" to them, to put it simply, the difference is very likely as vast as the scale of Taikyoku itself.

Lastly, here is a scan that prove that "depth" is something rather metaphysical compared to your average definition, just an extra. In case it wasn't obvious enough.

And that's all about it.

Conclusion to the Singularity: As per source materials, all descriptions above should be added to the Singularity section to avoid further confusion and misunderstanding that might be caused by our current page, but since outright adding them would probably ruin the page even more, I suggest that we do it in a manner I'll be proposing in the last part of this thread.

Taikyoku Value justifications
I'll keep this part as short as possible since it's not of much importance. It needs proof. You know what happens whenever the topic of Taikyoku value or the explanation page as a whole is brought up both in-wiki and outside? People ask for the proofs, people ask for the justifications, people ask for literally everything that is crucial to the page, yet non-existent on the page itself.

And for this reason, I think that we need to atleast give the page the justifications it lacked.

Here is the scan responsible for the Taikyoku ranking between the gods.

Context: Masada ranks the Gods in strength order. It goes Hajun>Yatou>Mercurius=Apoptosis Reinhard>Marie=Amaterasu>Satanel=Reinhard=Ren>Muzan>Mithra>Habaki=Rindou=Yakou>Shiori=Soujirou>Ryuusui. Alongside this explanation of KKK's stat page only going up to 70, but in truth, it should go up to 100. In such stat page, Yatou is a 100 and Mercurius is 90.

Here is the link to an official atwiki page that has Taikyoku values for K3 cast.

Just add them and be done with it.

Proposal
For the Singularity section, I propose that we use this as our new explanation:

"Next is the Singularity, the singularity is a tear in reality to the Throne where the godhead resides. Usually generated by a clash of Hadou Atziluth-Tai between the Throne and the lowest floor (Multiverse). Basically singularities are created from the collision between the "Color" or Law of Hadou Gods, the world is "unaffected" by the Law of the Hadou where God does not exist and is not affected by the Law as they block the flow of Law and became the Singularity rather than be influenced by the Supreme Law (Atziluth-Tai). In order to reach the throne, the challenger may opt to drill through the depths of the Singularity using their law.

The depth of the Singularity varies in accordance with the ruling deity's law strength (Taikyoku/Taiji). As such, Singularities generated by a God with "higher" quality would be immeasurably "deeper" than those of lower quality, and therefore will not be "drilled" or "crossed" without adequate strength - there are few exceptions to this rule, however.

Additionally, the Singularity is described as an infinite abyss of colorless Taikyoku/Taiji that can be comprehended and interacted only by deities. It is a "place" that gives birth natural laws and new ideas/concepts, and where the afterimages or shades of Gods from the past, who must be overcome and thoroughly understood in order to reach the throne, reside.

Despite being referred to as "place", It is utterly impossible to define the Singularity due to its abstract nature: the laws of physics simply do not exist in the Singularity, and all of creation are mixed there, side by side - be it past, present or future. Thus, the process of "drilling" can be compared to "falling" to nowhere.

Lastly, It should also be noted that despite being naturally unaffected by the laws of the Gods, the Singularity is still under the possession of the Throne God."

Then add K3's depiction of the Singularity at the end of the section.

And for the Taikyoku section, I propose that we add the VFB scans I provided along with atwiki links to the section. <- I don't really care about this, but please, just give them a shred of evidence they deserve. It's pretty annoying seeing people asking for it because the page has nothing backing it up.

Minor stuffs: While not being a topic on this thread, I would like to mention that all Gods' are qualitatively superior to the Singularity by itself, and 1 Taiji difference isn't an equivalent of "one level of transcendence" that most people make it out to be, but let's leave it for another time when I'm not lazy

This is it, chief.

Votes:

Agree: 11 ( Redgrave, Tony di bugalu, Ionlionsite, PsychoWarper, Warren Valion, SleepyTBubble, Schnee One, Paul Frank, Qliphoth Bacikal, Nepuko, Dvorak )

Disagree: -

Neutral: -

i already talked about this with ya and imma say it again. I agree

As was discussed, I completely agree - and I will be following this thread closely.

Great job, Raven!

Jokes asides, we've already talked about this and you already know my take on this

I support this change entirely

We've talked about this too as well and I agree with this entirely.

@Raven yes I miss the party but I WAS SLEEPING at the time lollolololol

I summoned The Real Cal Howard, just waiting on him.

Raven called for Wok.

Monarch will likely pop up here.

Maybe we should call in for some Bureaucrats?

They are very likely super busy and not active, probably only Ant is an option.

Just wait for a bit.

"1 Taiji difference isn't an equivalent of "one level of transcendence" that most people make it out to be"

I was wondering when this shoe would drop.

I'm not terribly knowledgeable on Masada in general (which is purposeful, given my opinion on the one Masadaverse work I tried to sit through), but within this post's own given context, this seems to make sense to me. Some reasonable analysis is given to support the points made, and the information in the OP seems well-grounded and unbiased.

This post also clears up a couple of recurrent points of confusion I see in Masada threads (from the outside looking in) that never seem to be resolved for some reason.

So, yeah. Proposals have my blessing. For now.

Assuming the translations are good, this would seem fine.

"1 Taiji difference isn't an equivalent of "one level of transcendence"

How much will this change Masadas power and general ranking with in the wiki?

PsychoWarper said:
Welp, its even higher than that. So yeah, upgrades

PsychoWarper said:

Look up Yato vs Bernkastel and look for my comments near the bottom on

Not you Tony I was talkin about Monarch, I dont listen to Cosmic Noodles.

Anyway we should stop derailing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back