• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything looks fine, but Thanos being rated as 3-A with all the Infinity Stones when the entire premise of the thread is that they're at least Low 2-C together makes me think he should just get the same tier accordingly, especially with how even the OP implies that they're not different in power from the ones in what-ifs, unless I'm missing something.

Everything looks fine, but Thanos being rated as 3-A with all the Infinity Stones when the entire premise of the thread is that they're at least Low 2-C together makes me think he should just get the same tier accordingly, especially with how even the OP implies that they're not different in power from the ones in what-ifs.
The 3-A is just to be consistent with the extent of how thanos was going to use them and tear the universe down to the last atom and rebuild it from there even though that'd still be possible with low 2-C

That's just up to what he was planning to use them, not the proper potential known so far of them together, and the latter is what's used for indexing, it's no different from giving something with blatant tier 2 feats and capability a lower tier just because it didn't do feats on that level at the time.

That's just up to what he was planning to use them, not the proper potential known so far of them together, and the latter is what's used for indexing, it's no different from giving something with blatant tier 2 feats and capability a lower tier just because it didn't do feats on that level at the time.
That's fair enough I personally don't mind it but we'd definitely need to get input on that from staff so we'll see

Everything looks fine, but Thanos being rated as 3-A with all the Infinity Stones when the entire premise of the thread is that they're at least Low 2-C together makes me think he should just get the same tier accordingly, especially with how even the OP implies that they're not different in power from the ones in what-ifs, unless I'm missing something.
"At least 3-A" is more of a lowball of the power that Thanos was able to use. We know from his own words that that's the very least he was able to do, and we have no statement that he was able to use the full potential of the Stones like Infinite Ultron and use them to destroy the Space-time continuum.

The same argument could be used in reverse, and you could say that there is no statement that implies that he wouldn't be able to perform a Low 2-C feat like Infinite Ultron did, which is why during the draft thread some people proposed "At least 3-A, possibly Low 2-C". I would personally agree with this rating, but as Dalesean027 said more input for that is necessary.

Speaking of the stones the russos said this after there destruction

8222508-86a2df5d-4307-4f2e-9dc4-62d52131e35c.png

"At least 3-A" is more of a lowball of the power that Thanos was able to use. We know from his own words that that's the very least he was able to do, and we have no statement that he was able to use the full potential of the Stones like Infinite Ultron and use them to destroy the Space-time continuum.

The same argument could be used in reverse, and you could say that there is no statement that implies that he wouldn't be able to perform a Low 2-C feat like Infinite Ultron did, which is why during the draft thread some people proposed "At least 3-A, possibly Low 2-C". I would personally agree with this rating, but as Dalesean027 said more input for that is necessary.
Is there something to imply the full power of the stones isn't something someone can just access while they're together? It appears that they're only bound to what the user commands, and If this is the case or similar then the Infinity Stones together should be flat-out at least Low 2-C. Even then, it's clear this is more of up to what Thanos would use them for, rather than what the Infinite Stones can do even in this case potentially speaking, so I'd rather go for like "At least 3-A, potentially Low 2-C, possibly higher" or so.

But I'd rather just have them as at least Low 2-C for the before-mentioned reasons.

Last edited:
The feats look legit, and much more consistent with Thanos' statements in Endgame. But why are canon Infinity Stones = What-If Infinity Stones?
The Stones are Universal costants, this means that they have the same power regardless of the Universe they are in. On top of this, the Nexus Event that separated the timeline of Infinite Ultron happened during Age of Ultron, which means that there is no reason to believe that the stones in that Universe were any stronger than the ones that we know.

In that case, wouldn't MCU Wanda be Low 2-C for destroying the Mind Stone since the OP proposed that the infinity stones have Low 2-C Durability?
Nope she doesn't scale remember the scene when she destroys it Vision says she can do it because they have similar energy signatures since she got her powers from the mindstone

Nope she doesn't scale remember the scene when she destroys it Vision says she can do it because they have similar energy signatures since she got her powers from the mindstone
If that's the case, this justification of her profile should also be removed
Capable of destroying the Mind Stone, as her powers are of a comparable level to the Stone's own

Makes sense, and finally, what about Thor cutting through a beam of all 6 Infinity Stones? Wouldn't scaling to even a percentage of that make his Stormbreaker Low 2-C?
Nah remember it was made to specifically counter the gauntlet and Thanos was caught off guard remember the Russo's specifically said this

“Thanos didn’t know what was coming his way and if he did he would have been able to use the stones to better react to Stormbreaker,”

It's like how T'Challa's Vibranium suit was made specifically different from standard Vibranium and which is why his suit doesn't have 6-C dura

So the same way T'Challa's suit is made specifically to absorb more kinetic energy from impacts than other Vibranium stormbreaker was made to specifically counter the gauntlet which is why it doesn't scale it's basically anti-guantlet effect weapon

Nah remember it was made to specifically counter the gauntlet and Thanos was caught off guard remember the Russo's specifically said this

“Thanos didn’t know what was coming his way and if he did he would have been able to use the stones to better react to Stormbreaker,”
I get that, but Stormbreaker still countered a Low 2-C attack, since no matter what percentage was used, it would still be Low 2-C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back