• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel vs Capcom Discussion Thread

Last edited:
Where did it say that? It says he broke free here and he's shown restrained in a pod here.I
It seems you’re right. I don’t think Apocalypse would outright scale to Shuma-Gorath still (we already know Shuma-Gorath has said his powers are too precious to waste on certain opponents and he broke free without anyone helping him). Same goes for skill

It seems you’re right. I don’t think Apocalypse would outright scale to Shuma-Gorath still (we already know Shuma-Gorath has said his powers are too precious to waste on certain opponents and he broke free without anyone helping him)
True, but he only broke free once Apocalypse was defeated if that's anything to go by. And truth be told, the only people who are outright shown to have beaten Apocalypse outright are Storm and Juggernaut.

That’s true, but for Apocalypse to outright scale to Shuma-Gorath would HIGHLY contradict the consistency of the scaling chain when you take into account guys like Onslaught, and truth be told, it makes far more sense that Shuma-Gorath was holding back or didn’t care given he had multiple ways to dip out of there

Plus, it’s not as though Apocalypse was keeping his hands on the pod at all times to prevent an escape

True, but Apocalypse is still of final boss status. Storm required an ally in order to defeat him, and while Juggernaut did defeat him, it comes off as more of a gag ending considering we don't see anyone saved like in Storm's ending, which seems like the canon ending. And Shuma only came out after Apocalypse was defeated so there was no one capable of making sure he stayed in there anymore. He definitely could escape, but without ensuring that he wouldn't just put him back in again.

True, but Apocalypse is still of final boss status. Storm required an ally in order to defeat him, and while Juggernaut did defeat him, it comes off as more of a gag ending considering we don't see anyone saved like in Storm's ending. And Shuma only came out after Apocalypse was defeated so there was no one capable of making sure he stayed in there anymore. He definitely could escape, but without ensuring that he would just put him back in again.
Ehhhh…I’m not buying it personally. Again, remember Shuma-Gorath escaped right in front of the group that just defeated the group. Including Storm. Why would he feel anymore safe? Plus, he could’ve just dimensionally traveled outta there anytime he wanted

I’d remove the scaling bits to Shuma, as again, it highly contradicts the scaling chain. Literally. If a guy like Spider-Man (with one ally) can beat Onslaught, then it would make no sense for Shuma-Gorath to be FAR above him despite there being loads of evidence saying he is. We should add a note regarding Shuma’s story inclusion:

Note: While Apocalypse seemingly captured Shuma-Gorath, the latter is known to hold back his powers, finding them too precious to waste on many opponents. Furthermore, he escaped without any assistance and had multiple other ways of escaping himself. All of this implies that Shuma-Gorath was not making an attempt to fight back, meaning Apocalypse would not outright scale to him.”

Ehhhh…I’m not buying it personally. Again, remember Shuma-Gorath escaped right in front of the group that just defeated the group. Including Storm. Why would he feel anymore safe? Plus, he could’ve just dimensionally traveled outta there anytime he wanted

I’d remove the scaling bits to Shuma, as again, it highly contradicts the scaling chain. Literally. If a guy like Spider-Man (with one ally) can beat Onslaught, then it would make no sense for Shuma-Gorath to be FAR above him despite there being loads of evidence saying he is. We should add a note regarding Shuma’s story inclusion:

Note: While Apocalypse seemingly captured Shuma-Gorath, the latter is known to hold back his powers, finding them too precious to waste on many opponents. Furthermore, he escaped without any assistance and had multiple other ways of escaping himself. All of this implies that Shuma-Gorath was not making an attempt to fight back, meaning Apocalypse would not outright scale to him.”
I agree

Eh fair -

Anyways, here he is.

Anyways, here he is.

Nicely done on the page. You also had a good eye on the people he captured, I didn’t notice he captured Guile. I guess our timing on Charlie and Guile’s pages was handy, huh?

why he need to travel to other dimension while he can literally walking out of there,I mean he have AE 1 right 💀

Nicely done on the page. You also had a good eye on the people he captured, I didn’t notice he captured Guile. I guess our timing on Charlie and Guile’s pages was handy, huh?
Thanks. There are multiple incarnations of the stage so I had to take a close look at gameplay footage.

My man cannot catch a break 😭
-Has to save the same person like a billion times
-Has to fight Fing Fang Foom (his attacks literally did nothing)
-Has to fight Thor and lose
-Has to resist getting seduced by Morrigan (going by that quote Maids revealed to us)
-Has to somehow save the Princess from Mephisto

Arthur is gonna get One More Day’d 💀

Back