• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel vs Capcom Discussion Thread

Would this change anything about the MvC2 cast?
No, it doesn’t look like it. If any of these scans were Tier 2, then we’d definitely have some thinking to do, but because Abyss is seemingly portrayed as a greater threat than previous bosses, I think this just kinda justified Ruby’s choice to recruit a ton of people

Wouldn't it be better to give it a single key, with "higher" for the various forms?
Also because it can naturally transform into the others.
The reason I’m more into keys is because the first form is Abyss’ power being restrained with an armour and the second form is simply a guardian for Abyss as they transform into their final form, which they formed from themself

Well, based on the even Abyss at his weakest (the Armour of Attrition) being said to have unparalleled power, I feel like you could argue for High 5-A.

Keep in mind, High 5-A would come from assuming this is taking into account previous threats. For example, it’s said in the specific First Form bio that even in the armour, Abyss displays unparalleled power. You could assume this is in the face of Ruby Heart’s team, but that kind of assumption may be harder to justify. However, the general bio actually acknowledges the previous Marvel bosses and goes on to make the same claim as before about Abyss’ First Form. This feels stronger

I think at this point we can tell anything possibly Tier 2 related isn’t actually that potent, and rather, comes down to Abyss having some hax on their side
huh, tbh, i think that we can scale abyss above every other high 5-A in the cast of the game, since it was a group effort that eventually beat him, and since they scale to onsslaught, he would be probably the number 2 strongest, i think ultron sigma, devil trigger dante and ultimate armor megaman may be abov, but idk

huh, tbh, i think that we can scale abyss above every other high 5-A in the cast of the game, since it was a group effort that eventually beat him, and since they scale to onsslaught, he would be probably the number 2 strongest, i think ultron sigma, devil trigger dante and ultimate armor megaman may be abov, but idk
I definitely think it’s at least worth mentioning the High 5-As that were brought in to take Abyss down. Unlike Galactus, we actually know Abyss was worth a lot of people

Another interesting detail I found out during SonSon’s page creation was that it’s pretty heavily implied that Abyss created the disease infecting her village
the text also says something about "winds carrying death on the animals of the planet", possible resistance to death manipulation for the cast?

Given characters literally had to be on the planet as well as get close to Abyss, this could be justified for a Resistance yeah
I remember even in the OCW page, those same winds killed all the plants in Amingo's homeland, so he should have this resistance regardless.

From Abyss' page on Capcom Wiki, according to Arcadia's third volume published in March (didn't tell which page, but it's right at the start), for summary, Abyss is a legendary creature which was forgotten by time and believed to be just a fairy tale until it's resting place was disturbed by the actions of Ruby's "pirate organization".

From Abyss' page on Capcom Wiki, according to Arcadia's third volume published in March (didn't tell which page, but it's here), for summary, Abyss is a legendary creature which was forgotten by time and believed to be just a fairy tale until it's resting place was disturbed by the actions of Ruby's "pirate organization".
That sounds very familiar to what’s said about Abyss in the manual. But the pirate organization part also sounds familiar. I think that comes from her concept art (which btw is accessible online) which has a brief bio for her

Though we can probably only apply a Resistance to Death Manip for those we knew were apart of the attack on Abyss. Still wouldn’t be bad though
i mean, all the other chars after this game should be still on the planet in the past right? outside of the aliens obviously

Oh, well Ruby brought characters from Marvel and Capcom's Universes to her own universe. So while we do know the other cast members were around (AKA alive) during this time, not all of them were in Ruby's Universe
(sarcastically)

And were either apprehended or slain (except Mega Man).

Oh, well Ruby brought characters from Marvel and Capcom's Universes to her own universe. So while we do know the other cast members were around (AKA alive) during this time, not all of them were in Ruby's Universe
i wonder, why did any of the vilains accept the offer? was abyss a threat to other universes as well?

Off the top of my head, the First Form (Armour of Attrition) should have these abilities

Superhuman Physical Characteristics
Weapon Mastery
Aura
(Occasionally surrounds itself in a misty blue aura)
Energy Manipulation (Abyss can cover their hand in energy when swinging at its enemies. Can charge into opponents while the front of itself with a field of energy)
Energy Projection (Abyss can fire a giant energy beam from its chest)
Electricity Manipulation (Capable of spawning orbs of electricity from its hands)
Homing Attack (Abyss' electricity orbs track in on the opponent)
Bodily Weaponry (Possesses large horns when donning the Armour of Attrition)
Weapon Creation (Abyss can pulled out of horns, turning them into tridents)
Regeneration (Low-Mid; Abyss will fully regenerate their horns quickly after removing them from their head)
Danmaku (Capable of calling down multiple beams of energy)
Death Manipulation (Abyss' very presence was responsible for a passive, global wind that killed animals, inland life, and plant life)
Disease Manipulation (The awakening of Abyss spread a mysterious illness to SonSon's village)
Transmutation (The presence of Abyss changed the ocean's sea creatures into grotesque deformities)
Resistance to Death Manipulation and Disease Manipulation (Remains completely unaffected by its passive winds which inflict death and illness)

Besides Large Size (which is far bigger in a eponymous/final form, which and Guardian may also get Low-High Regeneration, I guess), Abyss doesn't appear to be stunned from attacks as it possesses Hyper Armor in all three forms, so... Limited Invulnerability since it can still be damaged unlike those like Juggernaut's?

Last edited:
Off the top of my head, the First Form (Armour of Attrition) should have these abilities

Superhuman Physical Characteristics
Weapon Mastery
Aura
(Occasionally surrounds itself in a misty blue aura)
Energy Manipulation (Abyss can cover their hand in energy when swinging at its enemies. Can charge into opponents while the front of itself with a field of energy)
Energy Projection (Abyss can fire a giant energy beam from its chest)
Electricity Manipulation (Capable of spawning orbs of electricity from its hands)
Homing Attack (Abyss' electricity orbs track in on the opponent)
Bodily Weaponry (Possesses large horns when donning the Armour of Attrition)
Weapon Creation (Abyss can pulled out of horns, turning them into tridents)
Regeneration (Low-Mid; Abyss will fully regenerate their horns quickly after removing them from their head)
Danmaku (Capable of calling down multiple beams of energy)
Death Manipulation (Abyss' very presence was responsible for a passive, global wind that killed animals, inland life, and plant life)
Disease Manipulation (The awakening of Abyss spread a mysterious illness to SonSon's village)
Transmutation (The presence of Abyss changed the ocean's sea creatures into grotesque deformities)
Resistance to Death Manipulation and Disease Manipulation (Remains completely unaffected by its passive winds which inflict death and illness)
the MvsC 2 guest should probably also receive resist transmutation for resisting abyss' passive one that turned the sea creatures into grotesque things, altho, it sounds more like biological manip for me tbh edit: nevermind someone ninjad me lol

Also here's an unfinished pseudo-cosmology list of sorts. I'm thinking I'll bring this up in the Ultron-Sigma revision

Marvel Universe
The world in which heroes such as the X-Men and Avengers exist, protecting innocent people from the threat of super villains.

Mojo World
Another universe, home to the titular Mojo, an enemy of the X-Men.

The Dark Dimension
Another universe that has been taken over by the Dread Dormammu.

The Chaos Dimension
A universe ruled by Shuma-Gorath. It is implied his world mirrors our own in design.

Marvel Zombies Universe
Another dimension discovered by Reed Richards, knowledge of which he shared with Frank West.

Capcom Universe
The world in which characters such as Street Fighters, Robots, Undead Creations, Demons, and several other unique individuals exist.

The Makai Kingdom
Another world in which several supernatural creatures known as Darkstalkers originate.

Ruby Heart's Universe
A universe home to Ruby Heart, Amingo, and SonSon. Most infamously, this universe's Earth nearly faced its end upon the awakening of Abyss. Ruby Heart took it upon herself to travel to Marvel and Capcom's universes to recruit several heroes and villains.

100 (possibly more) Unnamed Universes
Shuma-Gorath is toted as the "Ruler of a Hundred Dimensions", and has casually mentioned that any of his dowries would be given "many dimensions"

Also here's an unfinished pseudo-cosmology list of sorts. I'm thinking I'll bring this up in the Ultron-Sigma revision

Marvel Universe
The world in which heroes such as the X-Men and Avengers exist, protecting innocent people from the threat of super villains.

Mojo World
Another universe, home to the titular Mojo, an enemy of the X-Men.

The Dark Dimension
Another universe that has been taken over by the Dread Dormammu.

The Chaos Dimension
A universe ruled by Shuma-Gorath. It is implied his world mirrors our own in design.

Marvel Zombies Universe
Another dimension discovered by Reed Richards, knowledge of which he shared with Frank West.

Capcom Universe
The world in which characters such as Street Fighters, Robots, Undead Creations, Demons, and several other unique individuals exist.

The Makai Kingdom
Another world in which several supernatural creatures known as Darkstalkers originate.

Ruby Heart's Universe
A universe home to Ruby Heart, Amingo, and SonSon. Most infamously, this universe's Earth nearly faced its end upon the awakening of Abyss. Ruby Heart took it upon herself to travel to Marvel and Capcom's universes to recruit several heroes and villains.

100 (possibly more) Unnamed Universes
Shuma-Gorath is toted as the "Ruler of a Hundred Dimensions", and has casually mentioned that any of his dowries would be given "many dimensions"
Another addition

"Many" Unnamed Universes
Dormammu claims that the encounter with Galactus opened his eyes to the many opportunities there are on "so many different worlds". Dormammu ultimately favours recruiting Capcom characters as to take over the Marvel and Capcom universes. However, as Dormammu has displayed a clear knowledge of Shuma-Gorath, as well as his place relative to him on the hierarchy, we can safely assume Dormammu is not referring to any of the 100 dimensions that Shuma-Gorath rules over.

Back