• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel vs Capcom Discussion Thread

The page is looking really good!

It’s technically hard to write down a standard tactics description for MvC Iron Man since I’m not sure if one could actually pin down an objective standard way he goes about fights. That being said, the material we’re provided with does emphasize that he benefits a lot from his set of aerial and ranged options in combat, so it wouldn’t be bad to mention

Also in regards to the Analytical Prediction, another supporting point is how Iron Man claims in a pre-battle quote that his armour knows Cap’s moves before he does. I never knew about the other scan you found though, so it’s cool there’s more consistency

EDIT: I’d also add Preparation to his page

Here's what I have for Mega Man's profile so far. My current issue is I'm having trouble finding transparent versions of his renders. Also, does anyone have any links to the MvC1 and/or MvC2 manuals? I'm trying to see if there's any info I'm missing.
Unfortunately, the link doesn’t seem to open

Regarding the manual stuff, I’ll get anything Mega Man related and send it in this chat for you (once I get home, not at my laptop RN)

Also, if you can’t manage to find Mega Man renders, I’ll cover for that too

aii Lonkitt, so I'm looking for more justifications for Iron Man's High 5-A rating and came across this brief fight. Now, I'm not too sure if this is valid or not cuz aside from the actual gameplay, they seemed to just be squaring up against each other. Whaddya think?

aii Lonkitt, so I'm looking for more justifications for Iron Man's High 5-A rating and came across this brief fight. Now, I'm not too sure if this is valid or not cuz aside from the actual gameplay, they seemed to just be squaring up against each other. Whaddya think?

Also in MVC3, it seems Iron Man views Hawkeye (who is also capable of beating Galactus in his ending), as a "second-tier" avenger, in other words, inferior. You also think this is valid?

Yeah that scene is super weird because the end cutscene frames it like they were squaring up before Thor interrupts them. I’m kinda neutral on it, though I personally don’t think a serious fight occurred there (unlike other Infinite fights, where there’s always the implication of a fight after these segments, no matter who the cutscene decides wins)

My bad. It should work now.
Mega Man actually scales to High 5-A since him ending displays his as capable of defeating Onslaught. Same with Roll, surprisingly. Because of that, him and Roll would also be Relativistic with Class Y LS

Yeah that scene is super weird because the end cutscene frames it like they were squaring up before Thor interrupts them. I’m kinda neutral on it, though I personally don’t think a serious fight occurred there (unlike other Infinite fights, where there’s always the implication of a fight after these segments, no matter who the cutscene decides wins)
Alrighty, I'm neutral on it as well (cuz I've been getting the vibe that the two are implied to be equal to each other, especially in MVC3), I'll leave it out of the profile for now though.
Mega Man actually scales to High 5-A since him ending displays his as capable of defeating Onslaught. Same with Roll, surprisingly. Because of that, him and Roll would also be Relativistic with Class Y LS
Also agreed, especially since he gained Onslaught's ability.

Also in MVC3, it seems Iron Man views Hawkeye (who is also capable of beating Galactus in his ending), as a "second-tier" avenger, in other words, inferior. You also think this is valid?
I’d say it’s fair to treat Iron Man as superior to Hawkeye. Technically, it might be dicey to do so with the victory quote, but the fact that in the pre-battle quote, Tony says he still considers Clint to be “two-bit”, as well as the fact that we do know there’s other Marvel Heroes stronger than Clint (ex. Thor was superior to Hawkeye and Arthur’s combined efforts. Meanwhile Spider-Man and Morrigan defeated him. Hawkeye also expressed how trying to take down Thor would be difficult right before fighting him in Infinite)
Alrighty, I'm neutral on it as well (cuz I've been getting the vibe that the two are implied to be equal to each other, especially in MVC3), I'll leave it out of the profile for now though.
The two reference Civil War, so you could say “Was implied to have fought Captain America in the past”. Possibly debatable

The two reference Civil War, so you could say “Was implied to have fought Captain America in the past”. Possibly debatable
Oh right. Just wanna specify. I’m not saying this means that the Civil War comic can be used as a reference for MvC scaling (basically, we couldn’t use it for stuff like Spider-Man’s page. We also couldn’t use the comic to determine how the fight exactly played out). My only takeaway from this is that the two only reference Civil War in their victory quotes, which implies the two did fight

Aii I'm done with Iron Man's profile:

If anyone has suggestions or corrections, or just anything I can add, lemme know. Afterwards, I'll proceed to add a little more gifs, publish the page, and work on War Machine.
I’d say there’s only a few places where citations are needed and to double check that each instance of “X-Factor” has the hyphen included

Other than that? Looks very solid

I'm not too invested in the verse to help with profile creation, but could Chris Redfield, Nemesis, Wesker, and Phoenix Wright be eligible for profiles?

I'm not too invested in the verse to help with profile creation, but could Chris Redfield, Nemesis, Wesker, and Phoenix Wright be eligible for profiles?
Yep, each one of them. Phoenix Wright currently got a calc, which is helpful as him and Dan are pretty much separated from any High 6-B or High 5-A scaling

Jill actually has a page herself rn

For @Chaos Jester25 about Mega Man's images, I managed to change them up and add command normals alongside a gallery section. The old MvC one (if it was larger) can be used for a portrait image on the "heroes" section of a verse page.

Speaking of Captain America earlier, I'm working on his page right now (besides Wolverine's later; thanks goes to @Isaiah_ZaMangaka for "extra content"; may apply that to Spidey at some point). If there's something I may have missed, you users (Lonkitt & Isaiah especially) all have the rights to edit a draft here. Teamwork helps a lot, like the Avengers themselves in this case, after all.

Last edited:
Speaking of Captain America earlier, I'm working on his page right now (besides Wolverine's later; thanks goes to @Isaiah_ZaMangaka for "extra content"; may apply that to Spidey at some point). If there's something I may have missed (I believe in High 5-A Cap), you users (Lonkitt & Isaiah especially) all have the rights to edit a draft here. Teamwork helps a lot, like the Avengers themselves in this case, after all.
The man does in fact have High 5-A scaling, as one would hope
@Lonkitt Do you think that Mega Man's profile is ready to be posted?
I would make sure to add some citations for the feats. There’s a few places I would reword things too. Nothing major, just some stuff to help things flow better

Ok now that I have the Ruby Heart profile made, I want to make a vs thread for her as I do with most of my profiles as a sort of thing similar to christening a boat. I'm thinking about her facing the Core Cannon in a joke plotline of Ruby accidentally entering US airspace, but I want a back up thing just in case it doesn't pan out. Do you know of any other characters or verses that would do well against the High 6-B characters?

Ok now that I have the Ruby Heart profile made, I want to make a vs thread for her as I do with most of my profiles as a sort of thing similar to christening a boat. I'm thinking about her facing the Core Cannon in a joke plotline of Ruby accidentally entering US airspace, but I want a back up thing just in case it doesn't pan out. Do you know of any other characters or verses that would do well against the High 6-B characters?
I’ve been trying to see if there’s any good High 6-As to put against certain MvC characters as well

Back