• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel vs Capcom Discussion Thread

Would’ve loved to see how they translated that sprite to the more comic inspired 3D models

Blackheart is close to completion. I’ve just been caught up with some stuff plus I’ve been drafting up his page alongside Dante’s so I can hopefully get two pages out within close timespans
ah yea Lonkitt, if you wanna add Blackheart's animations, I got a link: https://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters/blackheart-a.html

If you don't have time and need me to do it instead, I gotchu

Would he uh...not downscale from being able to potentially defeat Galactus like other characters in UMvC3? Not sure about how scaling works in this verse, honestly.

If not having a 9-A Phoenix would still be sweet-

Would he uh...not downscale from being able to potentially defeat Galactus like other characters in UMvC3? Not sure about how scaling works in this verse, honestly.

If not having a 9-A Phoenix would still be sweet-
No, Phoenix didn’t defeat Galactus in his ending. In his ending, he instead negotiated for him to come to court and behave respectfully. Not every ending has characters beating Galactus, so not everybody scales to him (although characters can still scale to Galactus tier dudes in other ways)

I’ll be making Phoenix’s profile btw, so he certainly will be getting a page on the site

Last edited:
Additionally, Phoenix doesn’t show any scaling to anyone else, so we have to judge his ratings off of his own feats

Recently did a translation for Shuma-Gorath's MvC2 bio. It had some interesting implications, though complications appeared in the form of how Japan uses the same kanji/word for the terms "planet" and "star"

However, given when it referenced him "destroying and ruling the stars" in the Chaos Dimension, it followed up with "including Earth", so it very much seems this is referring to planet destruction. It also makes sense that he destroyed the planets and not the stars in the Chaos Dimension, since the Chaos Dimension stage in MSH still has a starry background

Still not a bad feat, since the implication of the Chaos Dimension having its own Earth would very much imply Shuma-Gorath destroyed the planets in our Solar System

Recently did a translation for Shuma-Gorath's MvC2 bio. It had some interesting implications, though complications appeared in the form of how Japan uses the same kanji/word for the terms "planet" and "star"

However, given when it referenced him "destroying and ruling the stars" in the Chaos Dimension, it followed up with "including Earth", so it very much seems this is referring to planet destruction. It also makes sense that he destroyed the planets and not the stars in the Chaos Dimension, since the Chaos Dimension stage in MSH still has a starry background

Still not a bad feat, since the implication of the Chaos Dimension having its own Earth would very much imply Shuma-Gorath destroyed the planets in our Solar System
Also this is quite an interesting supporting feat/statement

Here's the scan btw. The original translation had "stars" in it, but given the context provided, I edited the English translation to say "planets" since that very much appears to be the implication

EDIT: Based on the GBE destruction values of the larger planets in our Solar System, this would give Shuma-Gorath 5-A supporting feats for his High 5-A scaling

Last edited:
Ey no worries brotha, and sorry to hear that, hope you’re feeling better
Thanks, I appreciate it

Suggestions:
-Since his ending doesn't suggest he fought him, you can remove "Can aid in the battle against Galactus". Doesn't change his rating though since his MvC ending still has him beat Onslaught
-Referring to him as one of the fastest and most dangerous fighters may not work since that references something more akin to scaling. Instead maybe:
"Combat-wise, Hiryu is known fast his incredibly swift movement and surprising versatility. In battle he has numerous projectiles at his disposal, displays great mobility through melee attacks and teleportation, and sports a fighting style that highly consists of vigorous pressuring and mind games."

Thanks, I appreciate it

Suggestions:
-Since his ending doesn't suggest he fought him, you can remove "Can aid in the battle against Galactus". Doesn't change his rating though since his MvC ending still has him beat Onslaught
-Referring to him as one of the fastest and most dangerous fighters may not work since that references something more akin to scaling. Instead maybe:
"Combat-wise, Hiryu is known fast his incredibly swift movement and surprising versatility. In battle he has numerous projectiles at his disposal, displays great mobility through melee attacks and teleportation, and sports a fighting style that highly consists of vigorous pressuring and mind games."
Alrighty, once I make the changes I'll let you know and publish the profile (y)

Ah yea, I also have stuff to add to the Summary part of War Machine's page. I would send a photo from the UMvC3 artbook, although the quality's pretty bad ngl.

That’s awesome. Yeah, there’d definitely be some good stuff to pull from there

Aii, I finished the changes to Hiryu. Also, considering he said he lived for a thousand years, should i just change his current "Unknown" rating for his Age?

Aii, I finished the changes to Hiryu. Also, considering he said he lived for a thousand years, should i just change his current "Unknown" rating for his Age?
It can be changed yeah
Ah @Tonygameman I saw what you added to the Akuma sandbox, thx for the help brotha

Although I'm wondering if Cyber Akuma should have his own profile instead 🤔
Cyber Akuma can be on Akuma’s profile. He c an just have his abilities listed in a powers and abilities tab

Back