• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel vs Capcom Discussion Thread

-“At least” still hasn’t been removed from Speed, Striking Strength, and Durability
-Magic should be omitted
-A few things should be reworded
-Command Normals and Throws are missing
-Citations are missing

I’ll type out how I would suggest posting the page (it’ll be in source format)

I don't think she has command normals. I'm also struggling to find any videos showing her ground throw, and I'm too stubborn to try and download fightcade again.

Last edited:
Never mind about the throw, I found an instance.
The following should be pasted onto the page in source mode so everything comes out right

==Summary==
'''Ruby Heart''' is a primary protagonist of Marvel vs. Capcom: New Age of Heroes. A mysterious French pirate, Ruby is responsible for rounding up various fighters to assist her to destroy Abyss, a mysterious dark entity causing devastating environmental damage as a result of its awakening, very well threatening the Earth itself.

==Powers and Stats==
'''[[Tiering System|Tier]]:''' {{High 6-B}}

'''Name:''' Ruby Heart

'''Origin:''' [[Marvel vs. Capcom]]

'''Gender:''' Female

'''Age:''' Unknown

'''Classification:''' Human, Pirate Captain

'''Powers and Abilities:''' '''[[Superhuman Physical Characteristics]]''', '''[Martial Arts]]''', [[Weapon Mastery]]''', '''[[Vehicular Mastery]]''' (Pilots an airship), '''[[Acrobatics]]''' (Often performs front flips and backflips. All Marvel vs. Capcom characters can pull off a Super Jump, which involves leaping high into the air in a single bound), '''[[Summoning]]''' (Carries chests that can unleash ghosts<ref name="Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes">Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes</ref>. Can call in her pirate crew as well as the Partenaire<ref name="Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes">Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes</ref>), '''[[Energy Manipulation]]''' and Limited '''[[Flight]]''' (Cheval Seller causes Ruby to imbue her body in energy and dash in any direction of her choosing as an attack, allowing her to even temporarily maneuver in the air<ref name="Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes">Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes</ref>), '''[[Water Manipulation|Water]]''' '''[[Magic]]''' (Sublimation spawns a high reaching burst of water<ref name="Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes">Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes</ref>), '''[[Absorption]]''' (Fantome steals a small percentage of the opponent's Hyper Meter<ref name="Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes">Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes</ref>), '''[[Explosion Manipulation]]''' (Tour de Magie finishes off with causing the opponent to explode within a barrel. The Partenaire is armed with powerful cannons<ref name="Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes">Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes</ref>), '''[[Flight]]''' (Often travels in her airship, the Partenaire), '''[[Damage Boost]]''' (The Power Orb temporarily boosts the strength of one's attacks<ref name="Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes">Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes</ref>), '''[[Social Influencing]]''' (Convinced various characters from Marvel and Capcom's worlds to temporarily set aside their personal ambitions to aid in the fight against Abyss, including the likes of [ Doctor Doom], [ Shuma-Gorath], [ B.B. Hood], [ Magneto, and Akuma]<ref name="Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes">Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes</ref>)

'''[[Attack Potency]]:''' '''Large Country level''' (Comparable to Zangief, who could [https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Amelia_Lonelyheart/Marvel_vs_Capcom:_RED_CYCLONE create an explosion that could be seen from space with his Red Cyclone]<ref name="Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes">Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes</ref>)

'''[[Speed]]:''' '''Supersonic''' (Comparable to [https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Jill_Valentine_(Marvel_vs._Capcom) Jill Valentine])

'''[[Lifting Strength]]:''' At least '''Class 5''' (Comparable to [https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Jill_Valentine_(Marvel_vs._Capcom) Jill Valentine])

'''[[Striking Strength]]:''' '''Large Country level'''

'''[[Durability]]:''' '''Large Country level'''

'''[[Stamina]]:''' Superhuman

'''[[Range]]:''' Standard Melee Range, Up to Several Meters with melee weapons (Her longest reaching melee weapon is a whip), Tens of Meters with ranged attacks, Hundreds of Meters with the Partenaire.

'''[[Standard Equipment]]:'''
*'''Whip'''
*'''Hand Telescope'''
*'''Anchors:''' Used as melee weapons, and can even be thrown while attached to a gain in order to strike or grab opponents.
*'''Grimoire:''' Used by Ruby to perform Sublimation.
*'''Treasure Chests:''' Ruby carries chests that when opened, reveal ghosts that will attack her opponents and are capable of draining Hyper Meter.
*'''Partenaire:''' Ruby's signature airship, which she can call upon at any time. It comes equipped with cannons and a large blade on the front.
*'''Cutlasses'''

'''[[[Intelligence]]:''' Gifted (Ruby Heart is an experienced pirate captain, having lead her crew in previous exploits. Convinced residents of the Marvel and Capcom worlds to help her fight Abyss, including Doctor Doom, Shuma-Gorath, B.B. Hood, Magneto, and Akuma<ref name="Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes">Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes</ref>. Ruby is likely multilingual, as she officially speaks French and could still communicate with those speaking English and Japanese, as well as Amingo, who only communicates using his name<ref name="Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes">Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes</ref>)

'''Weaknesses:''' None notable.

'''Notable Attacks/Techniques:'''
<tabber>
|-|Command Normals=
*'''High Kick:''' Ruby slightly moves forward and kicks upwards, reaching up higher than her own height.
*'''Crouching Whip:''' While crouching, Ruby attacks the opponent's feet with a long reaching whip swing.
*'''Flying Roundhouse:''' While airborne, Ruby performs a swift roundhouse kick.
|-|Throws=
*'''Throw:''' Ruby grabs the opponent before punching them backwards.
*'''Air Throw:''' Ruby grabs the opponent while in the air and punches them down, launching them back to the ground.
|-|Special Attacks=
*'''Cheval Seller:''' Ruby covers herself in energy and flies ahead. She can change her direction twice before ending.
*'''Sublimation:''' Ruby pulls out a grimore and uses it to conjure up a pillar of water in front of her.
*'''Fantome:''' Ruby drops a treasure chest onto the ground. Upon opening, a ghost will appear out and fly at the opponent. If the ghost makes contact, they will drain the opponent's super meter.
*'''Rafale Cannon:''' Ruby throws an anchor and chain at the opponent for it to wrap around them, before dragging them back towards her.
*'''Power Orb:''' Ruby's Gamma Assist. She jumps onto the battlefield and offers her ally a glowing red orb. Contact with the orb will grant a boost to one's attack for several seconds.
|-|Hyper Combos=
*'''Flan Mer:''' An enhanced version of Cheval Seller. She can change directions four times before ending.
*'''Pare-Tronn're:''' Ruby summons her airship to ram into the opponent with the large blade on its front, and then fire multiple cannon shots at the opponent.
*'''Milles Fantomes:''' An enchanced version of Fantome. Ruby brings out a larger treasure chest that releases six ghosts. This version doesn't drain the opponent's meter.
*'''Tour de Magie:''' Ruby calls down a large wooden barrel to fall from the sky and capture the opponent. If the opponent gets caught, Ruby will perform a small minigame similar to the toy Pop-Up Pirate, where she will continue to throw swords into various slots. Each correct guess damaging the opponent. After four correct or one incorrect choice, the barrel will explode.
</tabber>
<br>
==Others==
'''Notable Victories:'''

'''Notable Losses:'''

'''Inconclusive Matches:'''

==References==
{{Reflist}}

{{Discussions}}

Yeah, you can see the impact it makes

Dan Hibiki would arguably upscale this since he's an actual combatant, unlike Wright

Yeah, pretty much. His MSHvsSF ending (where he beats Cyber-Akuma) can't be used as scaling since its a gigantic parody meant to jab at SNK and in Akuma's ending, he oneshots a cybernetically enhanced Dan

Speaking of Dan, the heaviest character he can throw is likely Sentinel back in MvC2 (not that he would scale to those LMAO). Not sure how much an MvC Sentinel unit would weigh, but that would be the best indicator of his LS

Yeah, War Machine qualifies by the profile creation rules I proposed

If we went by what our One-Shot page says about the gap needed to One-Shot somebody, you could consider Jedah Dohma Low 4-C for oneshotting Base Dante (and then Devil Trigger Dante scaling to Low 4-C giving he defeats Jedah with little effort), especially since Dante is already upscaling some of the High 5-As

But the 7.5 thing only really originates for the term/concept in versus threads, so I sadly don't think I can follow through with that (could be lower in difference, could be higher in difference)

Last edited:
Ok. I published the Ruby Heart profile and added her to the verse page.

Edit: Except for the video links for the social influencing explanation because that apparently broke. I'll fix it real quick.
Edit: Ok never mind they links just didn't look blue for some reason at first.

I’m not at my laptop, so could you actually order her before Ryu please? I have the characters listed in alphabetical order

A whole lot of scaling and page creation going on in this thread (Which I approve), might make one for Dormammu & Magneto if nobody else is planning on making it since they were my mains back when I played UMVC3. But here's something just related to the series and not it's power scaling, what roster would you make for a hypothetical new Marvel vs Capcom game if the latter company brought you on to work on the game? To make it more interesting here's some ground rules:
  1. Total Roster Size will peak at 50 just like UMVC3
  2. Can have a maximum of 26 returning characters (13 for each company)
  3. Must have at least 24 new characters not currently playable in any of the existing games (12 for each company)
As a bonus add in characters you'd choose for DLC, but to keep it realistic lets say Capcom sets a hard cap of 12 characters to add (6 for each company) but with the DLC there's no rules to how many returning or new characters have to take up those slots (You can all 12 be returning fights, go half and half on old characters and new, have every Marvel character be new but all Capcom returning, etc...)

A whole lot of scaling and page creation going on in this thread (Which I approve), might make one for Dormammu & Magneto if nobody else is planning on making it
I did plan to get to those, but I’m not at all opposed to anyone helping out by tackling those pages
But here's something just related to the series and not it's power scaling, what roster would you make for a hypothetical new Marvel vs Capcom game if the latter company brought you on to work on the game? To make it more interesting here's some ground rules:
  3. Must have at least 24 new characters not currently playable in any of the existing games (12 for each company)
As a bonus add in characters you'd choose for DLC, but to keep it realistic lets say Capcom sets a hard cap of 12 characters to add (6 for each company) but with the DLC there's no rules to how many returning or new characters have to take up those slots (You can all 12 be returning fights, go half and half on old characters and new, have every Marvel character be new but all Capcom returning, etc...)
I have thought a lot about this

Here's something just related to the series and not it's power scaling, what roster would you make for a hypothetical new Marvel vs Capcom game if the latter company brought you on to work on the game? To make it more interesting here's some ground rules:
One thing's for sure, giving the X-Men a deserved return and basing a game on the original Earth-616/comic book continuity once again (MCU feels so forced knowing Disney, honestly said).

Perhaps bringing in new characters from both sides like Namor (my favorite and the ORIGINAL Marvel superhero/mutant; Hydron or EverBlue's Leo feels like a rival) and The Punisher (literally their first game before Children of the Atom; with Cody Travers) by Marvel's example.

Even missed Capcom IPs like Power Stone, Red Earth, Breath of Fire, God Hand (Gene's great) and Asura's Wrath (seriously, imagine him against Hulk). Veterans' movesets being revamped such as Dante's new weapons/combos from DMC5, Mega Man's install Hyper Combo with MM11's Double Gear System and Arthur's spells from Resurrection. Maybe new characters from veteran franchises like Nero (DMCV), Leon (with some moves from MvC2's Jill) and Dimitrescu should also join in (latter two replacing Chris & Nemesis while Wesker stays).

Last edited:
Regarding the 9-As, the only vital stats they’re missing are speed and LS ratings

asking this outta curiosity (and simply to help with the profile I'm making): would you guys consider the power grids valid for scaling?

No, I don’t think so. They’re kind of like those Star Wars VS Battles books where they have very arbitrary grids that mean nothing (I’ll be surprised if anyone knows what I’m referring to)

The only thing here that’s kinda consistent is how they give Phoenix Wright the lowest stats outside of his intelligence, but even then, we can’t use that for his actual page

We can use what the bios themselves say, so that’s cool

No, I don’t think so. They’re kind of like those Star Wars VS Battles books where they have very arbitrary grids that mean nothing (I’ll be surprised if anyone knows what I’m referring to)

The only thing here that’s kinda consistent is how they give Phoenix Wright the lowest stats outside of his intelligence, but even then, we can’t use that for his actual page

We can use what the bios themselves say, so that’s cool
aii bet bet, and about that Star Wars example, I kinda see what you're talking about. I used to have a Marvel Guidebook with them same power grids lol

I usually don’t add gifs. Not because I don’t want to (I would like them on the pages I make), but because I’m not as fast or good at gif making. You don’t have to add them from the beginning and they can always be added later if you’d like

Back