• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel vs Capcom Discussion Thread

Regarding War Machine, i found something incredibly interesting: https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkxcd0JzbSwm5VOT3BdzqffNkmnpwQk_XRm

It seems Gold War Machine is implied to be an entirely separate character, a servant of Onslaught. You think I can make a second key for this version of him?
Totally forgot about this

This pretty much confirmed Gold War Machine is a separate entity. For that reason, I don’t think a Gold key works for War Machine. Still, we should take this into account, may come in handy

Yeah. The closest bit of lore I could recall for the other secret characters is that US Agent has some lines that are written to be more aggressive as opposed to Captain America, while Mephisto has been shown in cutscenes in different games

I'm currently working on adding the sources for Rock's profile and I'm wondering. Where specifically does the statement that Onslaught and Thanos are superior to Galactus come from?

I sadly don't know, but I should mention that it apparently has a few abilities outside of it's moveset, namely Disease and Death manipulation, rooting from this MvC2 website. It's on SonSon's and Amingo's summaries respectively.

I see. It seems Abyss is implied to be powerful enough to the point where heroes and villains gotta chip in to beat him. Then again that's based on my own discernment.

I'm currently working on adding the sources for Rock's profile and I'm wondering. Where specifically does the statement that Onslaught and Thanos are superior to Galactus come from?
Thanos is stated to be more powerful than Galactus in the official plot from the Sega Magazine. Onslaught, who comes from MvC, is said to be the greatest threat mankind has seen

I’ll send the scans to you when I get to my laptop

Seems like Abyss' magazine scans are lost until somebody with a physical copy puts scans online

Ah, that's fair, considering how long ago that was. It's been a miracle X-Men Children of the Atom content is still obtainable. For now, I'll just go over his powers and attacks then, and maybe give him an Unknown rating.

Ah, that's fair, considering how long ago that was. It's been a miracle X-Men Children of the Atom content is still obtainable. For now, I'll just go over his powers and attacks then, and maybe give him an Unknown rating.
The fact that I even managed to get the Sega Magazine for MSH still surprises me

Abyss is definitely "At least High 6-B" considering how Ruby didn't feel as though she could handle Abyss herself and had to save face by getting some help

Finished up a draft for Wolverine's page (even got his verse image ready), and just waiting for any additions or citations from you others.
In the case of Wolverine scaling to Akuma skill wise, you can actually say Akuma's superior to Ryu in that department. Along with that, you can bring the feat from the proposal thread I linked where Sabretooth views Wolverine as a greater opponent compared to Ryu, Chun-Li, and Nash, which makes Logan being more powerful and skilled consistent. Another supporting durability feat is how Wolverine can survive a blast from Magneto in CoTA. This part in the comic can be used to back up his healing factor (not that there was any doubt)

Bet bet, I'm not sure if the other secret characters have this level of lore, but we'll keep it in mind for the meantime
So I looked at the secret character fights again, and it does seem like Gold War Machine, Orange Hulk, and Hyper Venom can warrant profiles. They’re all technically original characters, meaning they don’t have to abide to the non-original character creation rules, and their fights portray them as servants of Onslaught. Furthermore, other original character fights make it clear those three are specifically under Onslaught’s rule. In other secret character fights, Shadow Lady is introduced with Bison commanding her while Lilith approaches the player on her own and speaks to them directly

Ahh interesting, alrighty, after Strider and Akuma, I'll make a profile for Gold War Machine then.

Also I was thinking after we're done with all the profiles, we should probably change the characters' verse page images. I was thinking of using their "Versus Pose" images.

Back