• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel vs Capcom Discussion Thread

@MaidRips Btw forgot to share. This is how I got the revised ratings for Ultron-Sigma formatted so far

At least High 5-A, likely higher, 2-C with the Reality Gem and Space Gem | At least High 5-A, far higher with the Reality Gem and Space Gem | At least High 5-A, likely far higher

Key:
Pre-Crack | Post-Crack | Ultron-Omega

@MaidRips Btw forgot to share. This is how I got the revised ratings for Ultron-Sigma formatted so far

At least High 5-A, likely higher, 2-C with the Reality Gem and Space Gem | At least High 5-A, far higher with the Reality Gem and Space Gem | At least High 5-A, likely far higher

Key:
can he physically 2-C though

kinda funny,X have all 4 gem and still only far higher,while Ultron-sigma have only 2 gems and boom,2-C tier 💀
The Reality Gem and Space Gem get special privileges because of plot 💀

It was even stated the other four Gems couldn't stop Ultron-Sigma using the two he had

Key:
Looks good!

Looking through this is kinda hilarious. We have a verse where Galactus is basically a mid-tier in universe...

Though do we use the trailers for Ultimate MvC 3? Those suggest Galactus should be above the other villains that show up (or at least comparable to Magneto).

The trailers essentially don't fit with the canon displayed in the game's story (including the comic written for 3)

The trailers essentially don't fit with the canon displayed in the game's story (including the comic written for 3)
Shame. It is rather weird having the main villain of that game be below so many characters.

The trailere are still awesome at least.

Shame. It is rather weird having the main villain of that game be below so many characters.

The trailere are still awesome at least.
Oh yeah, the trailers are great

Galactus has kinda been like that as far back as MSH, since Thanos is stated to dwarf him in sheer power in that game's plot description. Then Onslaught comes along as the "most powerful enemy in history"

I suppose his hunger could make him fluctuate in MvC like in mainline Marvel, but I don't believe it's ever brought up in the games or comics.

Oh well, the hilarity of Hawkeye canonically being able to kick his ass is a fair trade. At least Thor is up there.

I suppose his hunger could make him fluctuate in MvC like in mainline Marvel, but I don't believe it's ever brought up in the games or comics.
Its a detail thats never established in MvC canon, and even then, his High 5-A feat comes from when he's arrived at Earth given its from the game over animation. So even if that was hypothetically the case, it wouldn't change anything
Oh well, the hilarity of Hawkeye canonically being able to kick his ass is a fair trade. At least Thor is up there.
Indeed he is

Though I suppose Galactus not having fluctuating power based on his hunger levels is less of a headache on our end, as it prevents us having to dig into how to separate the tiers

what were you guys favorite final boss of the MvsC games? mine personally was either galactus or onslaught
Abyss for so many reasons

-The tracks that play, like the rest of MvC2’s OST, are fantastic (each form theme builds off the last, not unlike this fight progressively increasing in intensity)
-Has three unique forms
-Abyss is an original boss who provides conflict originating from Ruby Heart, who was a run addition as an original character
-The temple stage is great and having it transition into the void is visually awesome. TvC kinda did that with Yami, but unlike Yami, the transitions are seamless and feel more like these fights aren’t rounds. Rather, this is a continuous fight against a completely unknown threat
-Building off that last point, you don’t know what to expect. The other MvC bosses are cool (except Ultron-Sigma IMO), don’t get me wrong. But with Abyss, you genuinely don’t know what to expect. The variety in their forms only backs this up
-The ending that comes out of it. I genuinely love MvC2’s ending. The calm jazz staff role music feels like a proper way to conclude things, but it’s made even better by the narrative itself. The heroes and villains who teamed up get some time to actually sit back, relax, and enjoy each other’s company (unless you’re the guys like Doom, but I digress). I also like the detail where we see Ruby holding Abyss’ core before tossing it away, and then she and Cable are just sort of chilling there. Maybe I’m looking too much into it, though I see this as her looking at what’s cost her so much trouble and effort, and now it’s so beneath her. She’s just processing it and she’s more than ready to forget the whole mess. And getting to see her ship fly into the sunset is fitting for as cliche as it would be in most other media formats

Last edited:
Abyss for so many reasons

-The tracks that play, like the rest of MvC’s OST, are fantastic
-Has three unique forms
-Abyss is an original boss who provides conflict originating from Ruby Heart, who was a run addition as an original character
-The temple stage is great and having it transition into the void is visually awesome. TvC kinda did that with Yami, but unlike Yami, the transitions are seamless and feel more like these fights aren’t rounds. Rather, this is a continuous fight against a completely unknown threat
-Building off that last point, you don’t know what to expect. The other MvC bosses are cool (except Ultron-Sigma IMO), don’t get me wrong. But with Abyss, you genuinely don’t know what to expect. The variety in their forms only backs this up
-The ending that comes out of it. I genuinely love MvC2’s ending. The calm jazz staff role music feels like a proper way to conclude things, but it’s made even better by the narrative itself. The heroes and villains who teamed up get some time to actually sit back, relax, and enjoy each other’s company (unless you’re the guys like Doom, but I digress). I also like the detail where we see Ruby holding Abyss’ core before tossing it away, and then she and Cable are just sort of chilling there. Maybe I’m looking too much into it, though I see this as her looking at what’s cost her so much trouble and effort, and now it’s so beneath her. She’s just processing it and she’s more than ready to forget the whole mess. And getting to see her ship fly into the sunset is fitting for as cliche as it would be in most other media formats
Oh! Two more details!

-The fight ends with the cast leaving an erupting volcano (the art piece even shakes to emphasize the eruption's power). Pretty badass way to exit the fight
-Ryu and Cyclops get to have another iconic handshake. Seeing these two interactions always fun

@Tonygameman I'm curious given what was able to get dug up on the MvC:CoSH secret characters. Are there any Japanese quotes for Shadow Lady?

Back