• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel vs Capcom Discussion Thread

now that i think about it, wouldnt amaterasu get time manipulation resistance for be unaffected by her own Veil of Mist? (Or maybe I'm just reaching)

now that i think about it, wouldnt amaterasu get time manipulation resistance for be unaffected by her own Veil of Mist? (Or maybe I'm just reaching)
I think its kind of like a DIO thing where while she affects time, its not as though its being applied to herself as well. So probably not a resistance. At least not for now
👀 👀 👀

Speaking of matchups, I'm trying to think of someone i can match Iron Man against
It'd definitely be fun to give him a matchup

Regarding Ultron-Sigma, I think his page might be due for a reworking. I don't think he should be 2-C, just flat out. I believe he should be High 5-A with 2-C with Reality and Space Gems. An Infinity Stone-powered Hulk is clearly shown to be able to tank his attack here. And Infinity Stone-empowered Dante and Captain Marvel are shown to be able to damage and temporarily hold off Ultron-Omega, but it requires the combined might of 4 Infinity Stones and all of the heroes' energy to finish him off for good. I personally think it's too big of a leap to say that everyone who has an Infinity Stone is just 2-C. Might just be an environmental damage thing.

But what does this mean for characters who aren't High 5-A, but have possessed Infinity Stones? Well, as mentioned before, Frank West and Iron Man fought Thanos, yes, but it was stated that it was due to the strength of the stones that Frank was even able to stand a chance. I propose that an added "High 5-A with an Infinity Gem" be added to all those who can wield them, and a "higher" or "even higher with an Infinity Gem" for those who are already High 5-A and can use X factor.

Regarding Ultron-Sigma, I think his page might be due for a reworking. I don't think he should be 2-C, just flat out. I believe he should be High 5-A with 2-C with Reality and Space Gems. An Infinity Stone-powered Hulk is clearly shown to be able to tank his attack here. And Infinity Stone-empowered Dante and Captain Marvel are shown to be able to damage and temporarily hold off Ultron-Omega, but it requires the combined might of 4 Infinity Stones and all of the heroes' energy to finish him off for good. I personally think it's too big of a leap to say that everyone who has an Infinity Stone is just 2-C. Might just be an environmental damage thing.

But what does this mean for characters who aren't High 5-A, but have possessed Infinity Stones? Well, as mentioned before, Frank West and Iron Man fought Thanos, yes, but it was stated that it was due to the strength of the stones that Frank was even able to stand a chance. I propose that an added "High 5-A with an Infinity Gem" be added to all those who can wield them, and a "higher" or "even higher with an Infinity Gem" for those who are already High 5-A and can use X factor.
While you may be onto something regarding the reworking of his page (though I do have reason to believe he is flat out 2-C), this wouldn't apply to others. Only Ultron-Sigma could wield two Gems at once. Using just one isn't really enough to boost one's power

While you may be onto something regarding the reworking of his page (though I do have reason to believe he is flat out 2-C), this wouldn't apply to others. Only Ultron-Sigma could wield two Gems at once. Using just one isn't really enough to boost one's power
True. But here's where scaling gets.... messy.

How would this apply to characters who have fought Thanos, who wielded a complete Infinity Gauntlet in Marvel Super Heroes?

Keep in mind, the manual implies that Thanos didn't keep all of the Gems together for all of the fight, as its stated you have to use the Gems against him in battle. But I do think Ultron-Sigma and Thanos may end up getting ratings like "High 5-A, 2-C with ___"

That's true. I figure that since Ultron-Sigma is already up, it might be good to get some of his stuff straightened out, at least a little, since it's arguably the messiest MvC profile we have.

Sweet. Is there anything specific you wanted to handle in regards to fixing his page? I can look for abilities if thats preferable

Oh yeah he needs a lot of revising. The guy deserves it too, he gave us High 5-A
And a new profile name given mentions outside Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Anyhow, Just_a_Random_Butler managed to add missing pages on locked templates as good news regarding a process of this verse. He also just handled Dan himself, so no fear to @Mariogoods.

Fr, if they ever make a new MvC game they gotta show my boi some love 😭
Unless they make it MCU pandering again... (otherwise, Shuri should've been closer with Monster Hunter being a woman here)

Last edited:
Back