• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel vs Capcom Discussion Thread

And here he is. The last normal playable character in MvC1's roster, a hot-blooded Variant Armor pilot and warrior, Jin Saotome himself. Any citations left before publishing?

I do find Cable interesting. He was chosen by his backstory alone (before his "Friendpool" of all things) and apparently one of the main protagonists in MvC2 alongside Ruby Heart (the main fighter of Marvel's side in a opening scene).

I like how they pretty much said "Cable sure has a convoluted backstory. He's in". That paid off pretty well too IMO

I've been looking about Madelyne (as she wasn't mentioned in his website info), and it seems that while she is her clone, Phoenix (Jean Grey) is so genetically (a recent mini-series gave them the chance to raise him; Lonkitt said he'll get into her at some point, so this felt like a possible addition for the "Parents'" category).

Hear me out: Cable would've been perfect for MvCI, he's one of the few characters who can resist Technology and Biological Manipulation. Too bad he's only High 6-B tho

Boy, Wolverine would've also been perfect for Infinite, he travelled back to the past in attempt to stop Hank Pym from creating Ultron. And his MSH ending is among those that are apparently canon (by a narrative thread), so he has experience with the Infinity Gems (besides his skeleton being adamantium).

I could even see him in a reveal with Iron Man and Captain Marvel while facing Ryu, X and Commando (latter makes real sense rivalry-wise and imagine new specials/Hypers like weapons/a mech after his long absence) if they also brought the 3-team gimmick back.

Last edited:

Iceman has been published

Also, something cool I found. I already knew Dark Phoenix has a quote where she mentions having destroyed whole planets, but Base Phoenix has a very similar win screen quote saying the same thing (with a similar rhetorical question of "what chance did you have?" after it). Just a neat detail for supporting feats

Back