• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter_"Quicksilver"_Maximoff

VS Battles
Retired
Wasn't it passively siphoning energy from King Thor too? I remember it being that way though I could be wrong.

Gemmysaur said:
Wasn't it passively siphoning energy from King Thor too? I remember it being that way though I could be wrong.
Dont know, but regardless if tony did, he still managed to hurt and keep with king thor, before he destroyed the arc reactor holding the crystal

He kept up with King Thor a bit, and ruined his armor but it did absolutely nil to his body. Thor was never shown to register any pain, only getting more and more pissed that he ripped the armor apart.

Also, any of his Odinforce-powered beams (the yellow-orange lasers) are absorbed by the Thorbuster (as was seen from the first hammer throw).

The Thorbuster was able to match a Mjolnir swing in the same fight too. And if Thor didn't destroy the arc reactor, I think they could've last longer than they should've honestly.

And yeah, he absorbs the energy and channels it back through his armor.

Gemmysaur said:
He kept up with King Thor a bit, and ruined his armor but it did absolutely nil to his body. Thor was never shown to register any pain, only getting more and more pissed that he ripped the armor apart.

Also, any of his Odinforce-powered beams (the yellow-orange lasers) are absorbed by the Thorbuster (as was seen from the first hammer throw).
The fact that tony was able to physical knock back thor twice and a equaled a hammer strike with a punch himself proves he can at least do something to him which is why i propose the "likely" rating over anything else

So... perhaps, scaling in stats to Thor, but poorer stamina?

I doubt Thorbuster would last as long if he wasn't siphoning off Thor, so Thor was essentially powering himself and his enemy by himself.

"You are nothing without the power of my own wrath." - Thor

The moment he stopped shooting beams, Thorbuster gets visibly worse for wear unlike when it was recieving energy from Thor.

No. Look carefully. The bolded part of my previous comment. After that, he went purely physical, and the Thorbuster was shown to be in bad shape at the moment Thor punches the reactor.

King thor vs thorbuster

Well, the problem is that Dan Jurgens, the writer of that story, has stated that he does not write Odin as anywhere near Galaxy level, and denting Captain America's shield notwithstanding, Thor was not generally written as enormously more powerful than usual, and was only accustomed to using a very small part of the Odinforce at that point.

It seems unreasonable to assume that Iron Man could whip up Multi-Galaxy level armors with some preparation. If so, he would not have had any problems with almost any Avengers foes whatsoever.

Yeah. Iron Man can't make that level of armors. Hell, he couldn't even make that here.

The only reason he was even hanging was because he was absorbing Thor's attacks and powering himself up. The moment Thor stopped shooting, he punched the reactor out of commission and threw Iron Man aside.

"Well, the problem is that Dan Jurgens, the writer of that story, has stated that he does not write Odin as anywhere near Galaxy level, and denting Captain America's shield notwithstanding, Thor was not generally written as enormously more powerful than usual, and was only accustomed to using a very small part of the Odinforce at that point."

Okay, but does this mean that Odin's previous Galactic to Universal feats never happened?

As for denting Cap's shield... That is clearly a Solar System level+ feat at the least. Cap's shield pretty much tanks anything Herald level without a scratch. Even The Sentry who's pretty much the go-to Marvel Superhero for anything that's overpowered and beyond the curve, can't break Cap's shield.

Yes, denting the shield is clearly a Solar System level feat, but the Serpent also managed to break it, and regular Thor barely managed to defeat him.

Regardless, it seems unreasonable to rate Iron Man with the ability to create Multi-Galaxy level armors, and again, Thor could only use a very small part of the Odinforce at this point, if I remember correctly.

Or at least, I think that there was a story in which he could barely use it to reconstitute the Moon, in which it was stated that he only used a very small part.

Antvasima said:
Or at least, I think that there was a story in which he could barely use it to reconstitute the Moon, in which it was stated that he only used a very small part.
That would definitely be a severe low-end, in any case.

Well, the point is that it was stated outright that Thor could only use a very small part of the Odinforce, and was never treated as having anywhere near Odin's full displayed scale of power.

I also find it unreasonable to scale Iron Man from Odin's maximum statistics based on a single encounter.

As such, perhaps we should remove Iron Man's Thorbuster statistics? Unlike the Hulkbuster, it is not a consistent feature that we can reliably scale from.

Okay. Feel free to do so. You can refer to this thread in the edit summary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back