• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel CRT: 2-A Cosmic Cube & Tier 1 Realities

Status
Not open for further replies.
I unlocked the following profiles as well:

Mephisto (Marvel Comics)

Dweller In Darkness

Nightmare (Marvel Comics)

Marquis of Death

My apologies, I forgot Odin would also need to be unlocked so the part of his AP justification that scales him to Dormammu can be removed.

Thanks Ant. Trigon (Post-Crisis) needs his match with Dormammu removed as well.

I think all the pages except Odin are updated now. If I missed something, just let me know.

Regarding Dweller in Darkness, I left him at 2-C for now because I think it's worth taking a closer look at how exactly the scaling works between him and Strange, since there was no proof on his profile that he scales to Strange's absolute strongest.

Basically, we should leave the Fear Lords, Hell Lords, and such for a time when we have a much higher level of evidence about how to properly scale them.

Okay. Thank you. I will unlock Odin, lock the other pages, and remove the Trigon matchup. Tell me here when you are done.

My impression was that he used abstract entities in a metaphysical battle, but I suppose that it is possible.

It is also a 1-story character, so clarifications will never happen. Perhaps it is unwise to feature him in this wiki?

I don't think there's anything wrong with having short-lived characters on the wiki, especially one as widely known as Marquis of Death.

Well, given how inconsistent Marvel is, it makes them very hard to scale properly for this particular franchise, since we cannot map a comprehensive pattern.

I'd argue it actually makes them easier to scale, since there's no chance of multiple writers giving contradicting scales of power. It's just that in Marquis of Death's case his power was a bit ambiguous to begin with. I think it's fine though.

We could have it as a "possibly 2-A" for the sake of Marvels inconsistency and such or we could leave it as is.

Although I think it should just be a feat of Mind Hax/Summoning be eh

I had some problems with Kobik's profile and made a thread about it here. At the same time, shouldn't the Cosmic Cubes' durability be Varies, up to 2-A? On many occasions they have been shattered by things clearly below them like when Thanos used one to become Omnipresent and in Secret Empire.

Shouldn't Base Thanos be 2-C? He's always been portrayed as equal to Odin and WAY above the rest of the avengers, and AFAIK there's a plot bit where thanos is always allowing himself to lose.

Every time he's been serious he completely ****** up the entire avengers

Since Mephisto in his realm is now 2-A, Blackheart's 2-C key should also be changed to 2-A.

Now that the Ancient One is upgraded to 2-A ... I have a question:

Extremely early into the story of Marvel Ancient One, who is treated at highest as 2-A, became one with the Universe of Earth-616. This is something consistently stated throughout the Ancient One's history and that of Marvel, and he has not been shown to be retconned as a result .

Would this mean... ... After Ancient One's unity with the Universe... That destroying Earth-616 or creating something close to a 2-A feat at highest now (due to the implication it would destroy the Ancient One).

LordTracer said:
Since Mephisto in his realm is now 2-A, Blackheart's 2-C key should also be changed to 2-A.
That seems like a good point.

ZephyrosOmega said:
Shouldn't Base Thanos be 2-C? He's always been portrayed as equal to Odin and WAY above the rest of the avengers, and AFAIK there's a plot bit where thanos is always allowing himself to lose.

Every time he's been serious he completely ****** up the entire avengers
Odin once beat him up without breaking a sweat. That is it. And at the time that was a high showing for Thanos and a low one for Odin. Thanos was usually portrayed as more powerful than the other 4-B Marvel characters, but not astronomically so. However, given the ridiculous Plot-Induced Stupidity inconsistency for Thanos, he is very hard to tier properly.

Base makes more sense just being a significantly stronger 4-B imo.

Thank you.

What is left to do here? Discussing the Dweller, Nightmare, etcetera?

Technically yes. That whole subject could be its own thread though.

Ideally someone should go back and look at Dweller's actual feats/scaling and whether he really should scale to the strongest Doctor Strange had to offer in his classic days (calling on abstract-level power, etc.)

Okay, so would you be willing to start a new thread for such a discussion?

Cyttorak might also need a thread of his own, his current profile notes him as superior to Classic Strange and Dormammu, but I find the reasoning kinda shoddy.

Okay. He can be discussed in the same thread as the other mystical entities

Classic Dr. Strange has already been upgraded to 2-A. Modern still needs to be Upgraded though as he scales to Mephisto in his realm. It... also means Yggdrassil is treated... as 2-A power-up [which is consistent about Yggdrassil connecting to 'all realities" scan like a Nexus] since Doctor Strange had to bridge the gap between 4-B and pretty high-end levels of 2-A with that amp. Well that's something I'll note for the mystical entities revision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back