• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Comics: Possible Yggdrasil Upgrade (Staff only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In strange case would be better meansure by his feat of transmutation. But anyaway like was said in the comic a smallest fraction of yggdrasil power and it's smallest fraction is capable of transmuting a whole dimension.

The King Thor storyline portrayed Yggdrasil as multiversal in scale, since it was stated by the blurb that the entire Multiverse was going to die at the hands of the Necrosword.

A Low 1-A Necrosword would scale to King Thor, Knull, and likely Odin. The scaling chains are getting out of control, just as I suspected.

I would prefer to see a scan that states that it threatened the entire multiverse though.

@Antvasima

this is not how the necrosword works, it is a potential weapon, while it feeds it increases her power, and knull of the present does not have the same power that Gorr fed the necrosword on the future, there even says that are feeding by eons for her to arrive on that scale and to became the necroverse.

King Thor vs Gorr doesn't scale at anyone

The way I understood it, the Necrosword only encompassed the local universe, not the sum totality of the entire multiverse. Can I be shown explicit evidence otherwise please?

Proof/scans from within the comicbook itself that the Necrosword absorbed the entire multiverse, and not just the local universe. The multiverse was stated to be dying of old age in a large part of old king Thor stories before that.

In addition, there are two parts of the multiverse. One is all the parallel universes, and another is all of the higher levels of reality. Unless we are shown evidence that these higher realms were absorbed by Gorr, we shouldn't make the most drastic and exaggerated interpretation available.

It's on a multiversal scale.

Thor was trying to save all worlds (universes).

At no point does it say it's a local universe, it just says it's universe, and we know that most writers like to use universe, multiverse and creation as something terminological. And this is proven with the statement from marvel's official website saying it was something multiversal.

Besides, all the time the author keeps exchanging universe and creation within the comic itself, as here and here, and this repeats.

I mean, if we're going to deny terminology here, all the works that this is firmly argued as Lucifer for example should be denied in the same way.

Worlds most likely means inhabited planets in this case, and Thor had previously spent his time preserving the Earth as the only planet in the infinite universe still containing life.

Again, unless the word multiverse was explicitly used within the story, it is very against our policies to interpret this in the most extremely exaggerated possible manner. Sorry.

There was no other planet to be saved, there was only something on earth, and you considered it in that first paragraph; so the case is not planets when it says worlds.

And it was said, if you want to ignore what is written on marvel's own website note, I won't be able to do anything, because that's just skepticism.

The small piece of infinity was blatantly referring to the Earth that he had consistently tended to in previous stories.

Again, nothing within the comicbook referred to Gorr absorbing the entire multiverse, and the scale displayed within the story blatantly contradicts this. I would appreciate if you permanently drop this issue, as your suggestion is not going to be accepted, and is completely outrageous as far as I am concerned. Thank you.

There's no contradiction, you just don't want to accept it because yes.

It's official information, not accepting it is simply headcanon, plus this wiki of much validity for even unofficial information, as I've seen defending with even Ewing's statements on twitter, which you are proud to have changed his thinking in the omniverse twitter as multiverse, and also of paul jenkins and dematteis, and many others.

An official information, if you do not want to accept by skepticism, do not comment, otherwise formulate something other than "it is not valid because contradicts" being that it does not contradict anything, it has never been talked about being a singular universe.

If you have no proof of in-story statements that the Necrosword absorbed every single universe and all of the higher degrees of existence in the multiverse, then this is completely ridiculous and unreliable hyperbole on your part, and to scale King Thor, Gorr, Knull, Phoenix Thor, Old Doctor Doom, etcetera, along with everybody comparable to them, to effing Low 1-A lacks every trace of proportion and common sense. I would consider it trolling or a joke if it you weren't so relentlessly argumentative and persistent.

Also, in Al Ewing's canon, the multiverse somehow ages, dies, and is reborn in cycles with the universes within it, and this one had been well established to almost have reached its natural end. A story summary advertisement blurb is not remotely reliable proof that Gorr had somehow absorbed all of it. Especially as it said nothing about this in the first place.

I wasn't even wanting to put like Low 1-A, I was just correcting the information of being a singular universe. But the destruction of it was so great that oblivion himself had already broken the barrier and was entering the creation.
RCO036 1576683430

Well, we already scale old King Thor as 2-A, which is enough to destroy an infinite number of universes. I don't think that this was a specific reference to Oblivion the character though.

Yes, probably. Is some staff member willing to handle it?

Yes, but he's probably tied up at the moment and feels we need more staff input.

Can you link to the Old King Thor render, so I or somebody else can add it?

I'm extremely late to this and the thread is filled with walls of text, so can anyone explain if the low 1-A stuff is actually going through or not? Because for the record all the debunks in the OP are exactly what I was going to say and pretty much objectively true

I am uncertain if this goes through or not. I would personally much prefer not.

It was going in circles. We needed to settle this via staff input.

Also the Necrosword thing is clearly just narrative hyperbole / hype that shouldn't be taken literally. It's why hard feats matter so much and so much more than just vague statements.

To use an example from Marvel / DC Comics, there's a reason everyone lost their shit in Justice League #25 when Superman punched The World Forger last year. Because it was an objective, unarguable, on-screen feat that relied solely on itself and on the pages of the comic proper, rather than a lengthy chain of unrelated scans from dozens of storylines.

Alonik said:
I wasn't even wanting to put like Low 1-A, I was just correcting the information of being a singular universe. But the destruction of it was so great that oblivion himself had already broken the barrier and was entering the creation.
RCO036 1576683430
How to Marvel:

• Step 1) Treat every single usage of the word oblivion as a reference to the character Oblivion
  • Step 2) ???
  • Step 3) Stonks

Well, in the image shows that entropy was consuming the cosmos and bring obvilion to the cosmos like in the fantastic four run. Thor went in the darkness and stop the end of all things (universe or multiverse).

Even Franklin Richards and a starving Galactus couldn't stop entropy from consuming the universe in a alternative future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back