• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Comics Discussion Thread.

Well, it obviously depends on how far that he could move in picoseconds.

If anyone is interested, I made a blog for a Weapon Creation page.

Comment there because is lacking a bit of attention.

I will check, but if it is a powers & abilities page you should ask Reppuzan for help.

I've always wanted to get into Marvel Comics since first watching the MCU. Does anyone have suggestions on which comic I can start on?

Old comics, such as Walter Simonson's Thor, John Byrne's Fantastic Four, the Byrne/Claremont X-Men, Frank Miller's Daredevil, Roger Stern's Spider-Man, Kurt Busiek's/George Perez's Avengers, Mark Waid's (I don't like him as a person, but he has written good comics) and Ed Brubaker's respective runs on Captain America, Christopher Priest's Black Panther, Peter David's/Dale Keown's Hulk, Fred Van Lente's Hercules, and Dan Slott's She-Hulk.

Nowadays Marvel is not very good at all.

Antvasima said:
Mark Waid (I don't like him as a person, but he has written good comics)
You mean the guy who had the best run on the Flash comics?

Anyway, I see you're one of those nostalgic fans, ey, Ant?

Well, I am very open for new entertainment that is actually good, but Marvel nowadays is mostly horribly written i.m.h.o.

Seriously though, I did pick some good runs for you to check out.

No, not that old. They came out at different times, during the 1980, 1990s, and 2000s.

Well I personally think some great comics came out in the 2000s but its late 2013-2014 that things started going down hill.

1 Picosecond= 0.000 000 000 001 seconds

Quicksilver crossed Atlantic which is 3000 miles from where he was originally at.

Per suggestion from a calc member , if i have a timeframe and distance i can find the speed.

Speed=Distance/Time

0.000 000 000 001 seconds or 1.0E-12/3000 miles = 4.82803E+18 m/s

4.82803E+18 m/s=16090850036.835 c or Mach 14187986717211790

Avengers pietro quicksilver didn't see that coming

The feat in question is right here .

You have to post the calculation in a blog, and then ask for an evaluation.

Can someone keep me updated when the new comics with Knull come out so I can finish his profile? I'd appreciate

Yeah, Marvel has been declining quite a bit in recent years. I've heard a lot of criticism on it, especially after a Shattered Grid's big finish.

Everybody who knows Swedish is going to groan about the "Knull" profile, but I suppose that there isn't much to do about it.

Yobobojojo said:
Yeah, Marvel has been declining quite a bit in recent years. I've heard a lot of criticism on it, especially after a Shattered Grid's big finish.
Is that....

A JOJO reference? ovo

I also consider Marvel to have declined, but then I remember the edgy 90s comics and the existence of swimsuit specials (was it called swimsuit specials? I can't remember) to look past the politics a little.

Antvasima said:
Everybody who knows Swedish is going to groan about the "Knull" profile, but I suppose that there isn't much to do about it.
Unforunatly thats his name so like you said theres not much to do.

Yobobojojo said:
Shattered Grid?

Yeah. I've heard a lot of people spiting Marvel since that comic, since a lot of people consider it to be one of the few comics that isn't pure politics

Has Marvel done anything simple this year? No cosmic events (not that cosmic stuff is bad. I loved the Korvac run), politics (as in plot related/changing, not no talking about politics at all), big changes (retcons), nice art style, etc. I'm not saying this as a rhetorical criticism, I'd genuinely like to get back into Marvel, starting by something that easy to start with.

Yeah, writers nowadays don't seem to realise that to achieve interesting true art, you cannot twist it to fit a pre-set dogmatic pattern that has filtered away anything that diverges from an extremely narrow ideological bias.

According to what I have heard, Dostoyevsky is widely considered to easily be one of the greatest writers of all time because he made his characters as mentally powerful as he could and then let them loose upon each other, without any preconceptions of what he intended to happen. Meaning, his art was experimental.

When I wrote my story long ago, I initially thought that it would serve as a condemnation of sociopathic mindsets and social-Darwinism, but with chapter 4 and onwards it automatically turned much more complex, and characters that I personally considered reprehensible recurrently made a better argument than I could form for my own views at the time, but today's western comicbook writers don't seem to get that writing fiction should not be like reading from a propaganda pamphlet, despite their years of experience. That barely qualifies as art at all.

@ByAsura

Try to check out the runs that I recommended earlier. They are much better than what is currently produced.

Yes. The current X-Men teams are too messy and incoherent for my taste.

Back