• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Comics Discussion Thread.

I wonder if they'll remake the Clone Saga again lol

Still, at least they seem to have gotten rid of the GotG backstory for the Symbiotes.

I honestly believe that Namor should scale with his own feats, he is not the sort of character that is constantly around the Avengers, or X-Men, or F4 and be scaled with them.

@Newendigo

I have occasionally watched D&C, but it is too controversial to talk about here.

(Really depressing though...)

Btw I got a question

Does Mass-Energy Conversion counts as Trasmutation? Because I recall a certain yellow, red and blue character that once converted a bunch of anti-matter from Terrax (IIRC) to energy and absorbed it.

Bump.

Well, for the first time since I was very small, I am barely reading any Marvel comics any more. I just don't find any of the current output entertaining.

I would recommend back issue collections for anybody who wants to read fun and well-written Marvel comicbooks.

Yeah its not good right now but hopefully they can reboot it to being good again.

Its also why I mainly read older comics, but when do you guys think marvel comics started going down?

If turned really bad first when Sana Amanat started working for the company around 2013 or so, but Fandom standards prevent me from elaborating.

Joe Quesada also strongly deviated from the classic "outwardly non-political comics for everybody" standards established under Stan Lee and Jim Shooter, when he took over the company back in the early 2000s, but there were still plenty of good comicbooks back in those days.

There's a Marvel Comics discussion thread and I didn't even know about it until now...

Anyway, I was told by Matt some months ago that Marvel stopped being so PC in their comics, I hope that's true.

Yes, but Jason Aaron's Marvel comicbooks are the only ones that I currently even consider well-written enough to browse through.

I think that Dan Slott is sometimes good in writing.

Also Wow, didn't know that Sera was interested in Marvel.

Legitimatly suprised.

@Sera really I hope thats true, and yeah Jason Aaron is a good writer but he writes for three of my favorite characters so I may be biased.

They are still extremely PC, but I could take that if they were just much better written. I have nothing against Steven Universe for example.

Anyway, Dan Slott's She-Hulk run was easily his best written and most imaginative work i.m.h.o.

Yes, I read that story. I thought that you meant his new comicbook, which I haven't read.

I would to point out something also, when he did this , he said that "He couldn't sustain that speed and that his head had hurt" meaning that the mental barriers were all but true and he is indeed faster then we thought. To what degree, i don't know.

But, in his new comic, it turns that the dimension his in is just earth but frozen due to how fast he has gotte . And he says some interesting stuff about spectrum and surfer to.

Back