• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Comics Discussion Thread.

Bump. I just read Fantastic Four 2018 #2 .... And yeah. In terms of it's sheer design I feel like it was nice. Not great, but nice. Plot was consistent [enough at least] . I also loved how Valeria was more fearless than her father, taking on a threat head on that surpassed any they have faced so far offically.

Not only did some stuff go down in that issue [Owen Reece got oneshotted/killed , Franklin lost his powers, etc.] , but yet it also highlighted Franklin's current full strength as his "New Role" ... Well before he literally just lost it . Which if what that issue implied is true... I am not sure whether to be very salty or extremely happy . Though this isn't a Franklin Richards Dicussion thread so I'll leave it at that... But do expect me to bring it up sometime down the line .

Owen got one shot (was it a sentry a*spull again ovo) and Franklin lost his powers!

Dang I really need to start catching up on my comics.

Yeah ....A lot of stuff happened. The interesting thing is that during the Ultimates/Secret Wars incident, while he had his newfound powers due to his "Role" ( He wasn't at his normal levels, but was on a new level of power since interacting with Reece... Stated to have a new role and as a result a different place in the hierarchy than ever before , so this isn't a Outlier / PIS moment ) :

• The entity who oneshotted Owen Reece waited all this time for Franklin's newfound power to be gone to take over , meaning he viewed Franklin's new powers more of a threat than even Owen . Her exact quote " Finally... The 'Boy-God' 's reign is over... Time to make things right again "
  • In-fact, the very next series of scans called them both "Gods capable of shaping the Multiverse", hinting they are comparable at least and she didn't see Owen as stronger, but rather comparable in power to Franklin while he was in the role as "The Shaper" .
I'm not trying to upgrade him. I'm just showing everything I've noticed with my "Debater Sense" . So yeah...

Also yes you do need to catch up with current comics. They are getting crazy.

Ok two questions whos the "she" that killed MM and does this mean FR could be potentially getting a new key for his "Shaper role"?(after we mabye see more from this)

As for catching up id like to but I started my current comic journey by reading the original marvel comics and going from there to now... so im going through like 8 decades of comics.

She calls herself Entropy . And that is a "potentially" at best , but it is the best bet considering it's a upgrade he's had for awhile now (Since he and Owen were re-creating the Multiverse) , and isn't a outlier because the role granted him that level.... This isn't referring to a level of power he previously had.

Oh boy.... Good luck. I started with the Future Foundation and Uncanny X-Men.

Hmm interesting.

And I have read the Uncanny X-Men but for some reason I decided one day to read from start to now(also heres a fact, marvels first comic came out in 1939 so sometime in 2019 will be marvels 80th year).

Yeah im pretty interested to see what comes of dis.

Yep, I wonder if they will do something for their 80th year.

Indeed. I am wondering how Hickman plans to write the Fantastic Four out of the corner, taking the 2 only people who have the ability to stop Entropy (FR & Owen) currently out of the equation . I'm pretty sure that's the only reason he did that. I'm pretty certain as soon as she's defeated his powers will return.

It would be nice if they did something for it. I'm not sure what they would do, like you said.

Well if she beat Owen Reece shes gotta at least be High 1-B unless marvels introducing a ridicules smurf(which marvel doesnt really have a smurf, well I guess CK could be considered a smurf).

Well the only one I could think of is 3-A Chaos King due to 1-A immortality and High 1-B absorbtion(unless I understood him wrong).

Hmm mabye later as from what ive heard he sounds quiet busy, but if you really want to you can.

The Molecule Man was previously portrayed as more powerful than the Living Tribunal, due to absorbing the power of the Beyonders, and was the one who recreated Franklin/gave him his powers in the first place.

Franklin and Griever were respectively only portrayed as capable of creating or destroying universes in this particular story. Griever killing the Molecule Man (with a surprise attack from behind I might add), does seem like extremely inconsistent storytelling.

Okay... Let me see if I can help here:

Firstly, he only got that powerful via his new role as the Shaper... So it isn't inconsistent on Franklin's end since the role gave him a amp. He specifically lost his powers once the role was not needed. Secondly, he wasn't "re-created" once in this story. You're confused with Reed, who temporarily had those powers. But even then, he (Reed) was given that power, not re-created.

Then stated in this story as shaping and re-creating the Multiverse more than twice. Then Entropy/Griever implied Franklin (Shaper Role) is a greater threat than Owen, and specifically waited until after he list his powers to confront him. Meanwhile Entropy viewed Owen as insignificant ... So it seems pretry clear cut. Then Ebtropy has a clear 2-A to High 1-B feat ( due to mentioning of the Crossroads ) of affecting all existence easily.

They have difficulty shaping universes , despite their massive levels of power, specifically because of the stability of the world and how fragile it is. This is mentioned many times throughout the storyline.

No, the only thing that was stated is that Franklin created universes, and the Molecule Man bound them to the tapestry of the multiverse. Then, after Franklin was stated to have created over a thousand of them, his power was apparently spent, and Griever took her chance. She also apparently killed the Molecule Man from behind when he was busy repairing he damage that she had caused to the universe.

This story explicitly did not remotely portray the Molecule Man or even Franklin at their full degrees of power, in order to make the story and the villain within it work properly.

That said, I am way too busy and distracted to continue to argue back and forth about it.

Bump.

It seems there is a thread where a couple of 1-A Marvels are gettin downgraded, have not read it all yet, but does this means that TOAA will be affected?

No, TOAA will stay where he is.

I am waiting for Matthew to get enough time to start a thread about it. He is very busy IRL.

Bump.

From today I'm going to start the "Iron Revisions" for Iron Ma that I have been planning since past year.

The stuff that I'm going check (Each one having its own CRT, literally) are the next:

• Powers/Abilities.
  • Model 51 Stats.
  • New Powers/Abilities.
  • Energy Absorption.
I don't have a set order for each one of the threads, so I will just give message to the admins and mods that I think are the best appropriated to check the CRs.

Okay. Although wouldn't it be better to start just one Iron Man revisions thread?

It probably depends from story to story.

There is no average, as far as I am aware.

Antvasima said:
Okay. Although wouldn't it be better to start just one Iron Man revisions thread?
I think that is better to take each category point for point, make a single massive thread for the changes will be confusing.

I personally do not like how Marvel has turned She-Hulk from an attractive, intelligent, and all-around fun character into being mentally unstable, boring, pointless, and unattractive.

Well, Jen still looks fantastic, so that's still something. Can't say the same about She-Hulk though

Speaking of which, what's Bruce up to nowadays anyway? Last time I recall he was in Secret Empire

While thors not a super genius on starks or banners level he's definitely not dumb especially when it comes to fighting.

Back