• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Speed Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Continued from here.

So now Avengers: Infinity War is released, we know that Spider-Man and Iron Man dodged meteors. The speed of the meteors were calculated as MHS+, though that is controversial, since that calc assumes the moon in our Solar System called "Titan", but it is shown in the movie that the moon a planet. Matthew Schroeder also pointed out Thanos pulled them into a hyperdrive, but then it slowed down when it fell to Earth. Whether this is simply just cinematic timing and inconsistency or not I do not.

However, we actually brought up stuff that was ignored before in previous movies. Hela caught Mjolnir. While some people might say that "the hammer returns faster than it throws", Kurse did react to the hammer returning and swatted it away. Also I disagree with the hammer returning faster than throwing, for Matthew Schroeder's reasons. Iron Man also reacted to Ultron's blasts, which are shown to be travelling at similar speeds with Pietro. I think that's enough for an upgrade to Massively Hypersonic.

So what we have to do now?

1. Discuss what speed value to use for the meteors, as the Naruto Forums' one is inaccurate.

2. Calc Spidey/Iron Man dodging them.

3. Discuss the scaling.

> assumes the moon in our Solar System called "Titan", but it is shown in the movie that the moon is far closer.

I mean, it just outright can't be our Titan going by just the movie. Iron Man tells Strange that they're billions of miles away from Earth before they even complete their trip, which puts them out of range of Saturn.

Qawsedf234 said:
> assumes the moon in our Solar System called "Titan", but it is shown in the movie that the moon is far closer.

I mean, it just outright can't be our Titan going by just the movie. Iron Man tells Strange that they're billions of miles away from Earth before they even complete their trip, which puts them out of range of Saturn.
I meant to say "it's actually another planet", I have no idea why I typed "far closer". Will edit post.

My bad

I disagree with the MHS Mjolnir thing, but we're here anyway and backing out now is gonna be a long drive.

1. Iron Man (and therefore those who have similar tech) should be able to use their repulsor beam weapons at speeds similar to their own flight, since it is the exact same tech used for it. It's not always supersonic and up though. The speed is variable and the higher speeds are reserved for actual threats, not frenemies. (High Hypersonic scaling from his Mach 46.8 suit)

2. Thor blocked Malekith's supersonic Aether attacks from 13 meters away.

Thor measurement
Time = (13.05 m) / (340.29 m/s) = 0.03 seconds

Speed = (0.20 m) / (0.03 s) = Mach 0.019 (24 kph)

That was... underwhelming.

3. Thor was visibly moving in Pietro's slow-mo vision, along with Iron Man and Ultron's repulsors.

4. Thor's throwing Mjolnir is comparable to a bullet in Pietro's slow-mo vision. Bullet scene in question.

Yeah.

@Gemmysaur

1. Okay. IMO their reactions should scale to flight speed.

2. Ik it's going to be something like subsonic, it's just a supporting feat. Scarlet Witch has a supersonic feat.

3. Ultron's blasts are comparable to Pietro, yes, and Iron man dodged them.

4. Kurse still reacted to Mjolnir returning and swatted the hammer away.

Yeah, let's scale them to his flight. Makes sense given the Guardians' hypersonic jetpack thing.

Let's find a cut-off for the scaling then. I think, anyone below Bucky doesn't scale. Also, the super soldiers and their equals only scale to combat speed. How's that?

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Comic Cap, Batman and many human heroes are even MHS. It is not outlier unless contradicted
from what i heard, mcu captain america in winter soldier movie got shot by a bullet which is only supersonic assuming its assault rifle.

I don't agree with scaling the Guardians to their jetpacks, which are actually somewhere along MHS+ or something.

But Rocky did fly through an Asteroid Field while also running away from a whole feat.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
IIRC he was caught on surprise
If you mean his fight against WS then he was shot on two different occuasions. How usuable they are as anti-feats are debatable I guess. But Hawkeye, Black Widow, and a suitless Iron Man have at least fought a super solider level person for a short period of time without being overwhelmed.

The first one, Cap blocks most of the bullets, but Bucky has two guns. Cap blocks one but Bucky then shoots him with the other gun.

The second one, Cap didn't even see the bullet coming.

Meanwhile, Cap dodged a lot of bullets before. He even evaded bullets from a taxi when he was lying on top without looking. I agree Hawkeye and BW somewhat scale. I don't think we should find a cut-off to the scaling for no reason at all, though as Gemmysaur said, it only scales to combat speed & reactions.

Kurse swatted Mjolnir returning, Hela catching Mjolnir, Thor grabbing back Mjolnir, Quicksilver perceiving Mjolnir in slow-motion. Inconsistent?

EDIT: Wait so you mean Mjolnir should be downgraded?

Pietro's perception of Mjolnir is only comparable to his perception of a bullet though.

He outright stopped moving to grab the hammer, even moved back a step or two. Also, it's still similar in speed to his perception of the bullet.

He stopped first, before taking a step back. Dude. Stop ignoring that he outright stopped running. And his perception of Mjolnir is still comparable to the bullet.

He slowed down and swiftly took a step backwards.

Seeing something when running =/= Seeing something when standing still

Dude.

He saw Mjolnir coming. He stopped moving, his left arm midswing towards his right. He turned to his left side to face Mjolnir passing by. He sidestepped to his left with his right leg to follow Mjolnir's movement as he grabbed the hammer's grip, and got pulled away.

If QS was faster than the hammer, then QS would have definitely let go of mjolnir the moment he realised that he can't hold it. Instead, he was unable to react/let go of mjonir and got thrown backwards with it.

It's inconsistent. One moment he views hammer moving slower than him and the next moment he is unable to let go of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back