• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel: Big Yggdrasil Downgrade, Skyfather Upgrades, and Thor Revisions

No prove to show that her God blast is as powerful as Thor's own since she is roughly comparable to Thor.
Thor's profile describes the scene as "two God Blasts in unison"

Is there anything that contradicts her God Blast being this strong? At the very least, if there isn't anything, I think it should be indexed as "High 1-B to Low 1-A" as well

Do you think a brief blogpost on Yggdrasil's size would be a good idea? So the info doesn't have to be repeated in the profile of each character with a feat scaling to it?

Yeah High 1-A Yggdrasil never made sense to me for the aforementioned reasons, so mark me for agree. I just didn't have time to make a CRT about it.

There is some 1-A implications for Skyfather - Universal Abstracts Tier [Asheena viewing the entire universe as a dream with it being nothing more than a figment of her imagination, with the same scan stating that everyone/everything is nothing but the imagination of a higher being's dream state, Eternity doing the exact same thing, etc] but this isn't the thread for that.

How can I get staff to come and comment on my CRT? Only staff members can ping people, right?

I don’t have many thoughts for most of the thread, because I don’t do Tier 1 shit, but I wanted to give my thoughts on this specifically:

Don’t do this.

“holding back stats” should not be indexed on a character’s page. Put a note at the bottom of the page saying that the character holds back, or put that in their Standard Tactics section, but don’t give them specific stats for when they’re holding back, and especially don’t slap that stat on every character that fights them while holding back.
I should note that Marvel heralds are stated to canonically vary in power, so they should have a Varies rating that could include 5-B, 3-C, and High 3-A ends. I always meant to implement this myself and never got around to it.

I should note that Marvel heralds are stated to canonically vary in power, so they should have a Varies rating that could include 5-B, 3-C, and High 3-A ends. I always meant to implement this myself and never got around to it.
While myself don't know the proper context of the statement, i don't think Thor is being literal, at least on the given quote, but rather talking about how someone can overcome difficulties as long as they think they can do so. Thor himself even ends one of the speech bubbles saying that everyone can do the same thing as him

The sixth speeching bubble also pretty much leaves the idea i pointed above (Thor ins't talking about a literal Varies rating, but rather being methaphoric in relation to someone's capability of overcoming challenges on their lifes) explicit

"Yggdrasil is scaled to High 1-A"

OP, can you link the thread where this was initially accepted?

I also don't see anything about Yggdrasil on our explanation pages.

I don't see any thread talking about Yggdrasil being High 1-A last September either.

Last edited:
Agree with the OP, the chain-scaling to Yggdrasil will make many characters like the Skyfathers, the Hell-Lords and characters that can affected them placed above the Living Tribunal and The Abstracts which contradict their portrayal being an insects before the Abstracts.

I will be inactive for 2 month. I appreciate if someone can complete the sandbox.

By the way, I'm in a bit of a rush right now, but just so we're clear about this: I actually agree with Yggdrasil being downgraded, yeah, at least for now. Immortal Thor's been introducing a lot of potential complications to its placement in the cosmology that will require us to wait on further elaboration (e.g. The first few issues imply Yggdrasil is the Tree of Life by saying that its uppermost point is the House of Ideas), so, yeah, probably best to not meddle too much with the tree for now.

I'll go over the other stuff later.

Last edited:
By the way, I'm in a bit of a rush right now, but just so we're clear about this: I actually agree with Yggdrasil being downgraded, yeah, at least for now. Immortal Thor's been introducing a lot of potential complications to its placement in the cosmology that will require us to wait on further elaboration (e.g. The first few issues imply Yggdrasil is the Tree of Life by saying that its uppermost point is the House of Ideas), so, yeah, probably best to not meddle too much with the tree for now.

When is Yggdrasil implied to be connected to the House of Ideas? Is it in Immortal Thor #2 where it says "Whose highest point is the very crown of creation?" If so, I don't think that is nearly enough to scale it to the House of Ideas.

I'm confused as to when Yggdrasil got agreed to High 1-A. I couldn't find the thread for that.

I'm confused as to when Yggdrasil got agreed to High 1-A. I couldn't find the thread for that.
Here.

Is it in Immortal Thor #2 where it says "Whose highest point is the very crown of creation?" If so, I don't think that is nearly enough to scale it to the House of Ideas.
Exactly that, yes. "Crown of Creation" is just another name for Kether, which is the House of Ideas, so Kether being Yggdrasil's highest point would seem to indicate that Al Ewing is drawing a link between Ygg and the Tree of Life.

Not saying anything is definitive (Hence I didn't say "Yggdrasil is HoI level 100%"), but given the rumbling, I'd say it's best we exclude the tree from scaling until we get more elaboration on its nature.

While myself don't know the proper context of the statement, i don't think Thor is being literal, at least on the given quote, but rather talking about how someone can overcome difficulties as long as they think they can do so. Thor himself even ends one of the speech bubbles saying that everyone can do the same thing as him

The sixth speeching bubble also pretty much leaves the idea i pointed above (Thor ins't talking about a literal Varies rating, but rather being methaphoric in relation to someone's capability of overcoming challenges on their lifes) explicit
Eh, I disagree. Calling out powerscaling scenarios like Thor vs Hulk in strength or Thor vs Quicksilver in a race seems like a straight reference to the kinds of questions authors like Al Ewing or Stan Lee are constantly asked, which Stan Lee infamously responded to with "the person who'd win in a fight is the person that the writer wants to win." I'd take this as an indication that heralds are as powerful as they need to be for a given story.
Agree with the OP, the chain-scaling to Yggdrasil will make many characters like the Skyfathers, the Hell-Lords and characters that can affected them placed above the Living Tribunal and The Abstracts which contradict their portrayal being an insects before the Abstracts.

I will be inactive for 2 month. I appreciate if someone can complete the sandbox.
I'd actually say this CRT has the opposite implication? When Yggdrasil was inconsistent before, we simply allowed two characters to scale to it and dismissed all the other feats as outliers. The proposals here would allow Yggdrasil to encompass all infinite earths, and all Skyfathers to scale to it, but wouldn't this place Skyfathers infinitely above Universal Eternity? If Skyfathers must be allowed to scale to it, High 1-B World Tree sounds most accurate for consistency's sake. The World tree spanning all incarnations of Eternity sounds unreasonable seeing as the combined power of Marvel's Skyfathers couldn't scratch a single Celestial. Unless you want to say this upscales the Celestials, which consequently upscales Universal Abstracts... infinitely above themselves? Can't say I'm a fan of using Yggdrasil to scale all Skyfathers to Low 1-A.

In any case, I do agree that Yggdrasil's rating needs to be adjusted.

Looking at the thread, I don't see how High 1-A for Ygg was agreed upon in the first place.

High 1-A isn't even in the OP.

High 1-A being mentioned with Ygg was somewhere in the middle of the thread, and it wasn't brought up again before or after that.

In any case, I do agree that Yggdrasil's rating needs to be adjusted.

Looking at the thread, I don't see how High 1-A for Ygg was agreed upon in the first place.

High 1-A isn't even in the OP.

High 1-A being mentioned with Ygg was somewhere in the middle of the thread, and it wasn't brought up again before or after that.
The Living Tribunal was already agreed to be High 1-A in the previous discussion (Part 2). The thread proposed Yggdrasil scales to him. Ergo, the thread proposed Yggdrasil scales to High 1-A.

Does imply a “composite Eternity” given that the Tree is contained within it and the crown was mentioned to be within it. Not to mention they reintroduce the idea that the Far Shore is within Eternity as oppose to Ultimates being clear, notioning that it wasn’t in the Multiverse.

Last edited:
I don't think the one statement of its highest peak being the Crown of Creation should be enough to do anything about it right now. If Al Ewing later does do some stuff with Yggdrasil, then we'll cross that bridge if we get to it.

Eh, I disagree. Calling out powerscaling scenarios like Thor vs Hulk in strength or Thor vs Quicksilver in a race seems like a straight reference to the kinds of questions authors like Al Ewing or Stan Lee are constantly asked, which Stan Lee infamously responded to with "the person who'd win in a fight is the person that the writer wants to win." I'd take this as an indication that heralds are as powerful as they need to be for a given story.

I'd actually say this CRT has the opposite implication? When Yggdrasil was inconsistent before, we simply allowed two characters to scale to it and dismissed all the other feats as outliers. The proposals here would allow Yggdrasil to encompass all infinite earths, and all Skyfathers to scale to it, but wouldn't this place Skyfathers infinitely above Universal Eternity? If Skyfathers must be allowed to scale to it, High 1-B World Tree sounds most accurate for consistency's sake. The World tree spanning all incarnations of Eternity sounds unreasonable seeing as the combined power of Marvel's Skyfathers couldn't scratch a single Celestial. Unless you want to say this upscales the Celestials, which consequently upscales Universal Abstracts... infinitely above themselves? Can't say I'm a fan of using Yggdrasil to scale all Skyfathers to Low 1-A.
This makes sense.

There actually is some implication for the Ygg and Galactus Seed being in the same overall tier as Universal Eternity, rather than Multiversal, that I brought up in one of the previous threads.

If that's the case, then I really see nothing inconsistent with anyone severely damaging the Ygg; Dormammu and all sorts of mystical entities can damage or blister the very fabric of Universal Eternity, rather than just normal space-time.

But it also might be best to drop Ygg scaling for the moment, like Ultima said.

Cant say much. Yggdrasill is stated to exist in every universe proved by it Fandom profile, then suddenly it was the "crown of creation". sort of like Yggdrasill true self. I suggest the feat scaling to Yggdrasill be removed until futher development on its nature was brought.

Do we know that there will ever actually be further development? Like I don't think one sentence in an issue with no real indication of elaboration should be enough to halt scaling until something else happens. If there happens to be more elaboration than sure, we can change things based on whatever there may be, but right now we don't know if that will be a few months, and few years, or never.

Ok, I'll wait for that thread to be concluded. Hopefully that one won't be too much longer. But I don't want to wait for Yggdrasil elaboration in Immortal Thor that may or may not come.

Back