• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"Marksmanship" Ability Page Creation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, this page is horribly created. I will fix it. Moreover, can anyone tell me what those two supposed to mean?

7f6bd58b052abaf2188b4584b1e007b7.png

Is it “types” or “limitations” or “notes”? This is vague.

Edit: I just noticed it is duplicated. I removed it. I fixed the placement of the picture to fit our standards.
Edit 2: Never mind; somehow, discussion template addition caused this bug

Last edited:
I don't know why it duplicated, it wasn't like that when I copy pasted and isn't like that on the sandbox either.

Moreover, I feel there is a necessity to add a note on how is this precisely any different to weaponry mastery to avoid confusions in the future. And before publishing the page in question to the public, it should be obligatory to fit our formatting standards. I have fixed the image placement as well as I added the discussion template.

Lmao you added it Dread, what the ***** lol.
I saw it. Seems the addition of a discussion template caused some bug. Apologies for the mistake.

Moreover, I feel there is a necessity to add a note on how is this precisely any different to weaponry mastery to avoid confusions in the future. And before publishing the page in question to the public, it should be obligatory to fit our formatting standards.
I don't see how that's necessary. The page is explicit enough. It's just about your accuracy, your aim. It involves nothing about knowing how to use a weapon.
I saw it. Seems the addition of a discussion template caused some bug. Apologies
Don't worry.

It is necessary, since we always add these notes to distinguish between two near similar abilities. And frankly speaking; no, I don't see how the page is explicit enough to point out the distinction. Apologies.

Also;
Characters possessing an extraordinary level of accuracy often employ this particular technique as a means to surprise their enemies through the implementation of ricochet attacks, whereby projectiles rebound off surfaces, thus catching opponents off guard with unpredictable trajectories, and concurrently exploiting the vulnerability inherent in targeting weak points of the body, such as vital organs or susceptible joints.
This feels too lengthy, and somehow I have no idea what you are trying to convey. Consider rewording it.

Sorry but your recommendations seems very redundant or just not good to add. So I'm not agreeing with them.

Wasn't it agreed that Marksmanship was just going to be apart of Weapon Mastery which M3X was working on?

I stopped working on it because it requires more effort than what I'm willing to put.

And Ant said the page was fine, so I went with it. I don't mind either options.

What differs Weapon Mastery from Marksmanship in this case is that Marksmanship isn’t necessarily done with a weapon.

Someone like Bullseye or Daredevil, can do it with regular objects you find on your regular day.
If this is the fundamental distinction, then I feel this is false. Any object that is being used as a weapon, whether it is not classified as a weapon, is still considered a weapon. This practice is prevalent in numerous domains, including the legal system (Law Enforcement) or Prison Environments. If you killed someone with a “card,” the card is considered a weapon in this context.
  • For example, a kitchen knife is not classified as a weapon when used for cooking, but can be considered a weapon if used with the intent to harm someone.
  • Similarly, a baseball bat is used for sports but can become a weapon when used for an unlawful purpose, such as in an assault.
Pretty sure the fundamental distinction here is the exceptional aim/accuracy. And this still needs to be noted on the page since the two abilities are very similar, to the point a note is essential. One should also distinguish how is this even different to the born talent (many US snipers have exceptional accuracy). This draft lacks plenty of keys and elements to even be accepted.

Moreover, how is my suggestion redundant? I read the page four times and I still don't understand the distinction from the first glance, even the second paragraph is too lengthy/wordy to not even understand what you are trying to convey (or tell).

I think you meant to say those are possible uses? Then you need to add the header “possible uses” and list them properly.

The acceptance of the idea by @Antvasima does not imply his acceptance of the draft itself, and he has a history regarding this matter, which you should be cognizant of.

Moreover, I am not understanding the notion that the thread is accepted? I scrolled through page 1, and I saw many of the disagreements.

@Damage3245's concern is still not addressed here:
Draft looks fine, but it should probably be specified though that just possessing a ranged weapon isn't enough for the ability. They have to have demonstrated competent accuracy.
He even said it twice. Please point out where the specification is in this paragraph:
Characters possessing an extraordinary level of accuracy often employ this particular technique as a means to surprise their enemies through the implementation of ricochet attacks, whereby projectiles rebound off surfaces, thus catching opponents off guard with unpredictable trajectories, and concurrently exploiting the vulnerability inherent in targeting weak points of the body, such as vital organs or susceptible joints.

Last edited:
Anyway, I think that you have gained sifficient support to create this page then, M3X.
At least bother reading the most recent comments. The thread is accepted. The page is fine as it is. You’re complaining for the sake of it.

I wouldn't delete your comments even if I could. Your edits were welcomed but I don't see a point in reworking a text where it explicitly states that the ability is about the aim, about the "super" part of the ability, something you said that wasn't explictly.

So is somebody here willing to link to this ability and create a "Marksmanship Users" category for some blatant examples such as Bullseye and Hawkeye?

So is somebody here willing to link to this ability and create a "Marksmanship Users" category for some blatant examples such as Bullseye and Hawkeye?
The category was created & I'll create a thread to announce the ability and ask for help to add it to the profiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back