• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New Ability: Marksmanship

Did anyone say Erron Black?

Anyway, even though I'm sure it will be impossible to keep it as intended, we should try to give the ability to characters whose aim is truly outstanding, from the threshold of human capabilities to any superhuman degree.

Just being a good shot with guns, bows and thrown shit shouldn't be enough.
Right now I'm talking just about weapons, of course things change when taking into account anything else.
Strongly agreed, and this should be clearly stated within the page in question.

Yes. Feel free to improve on the wording in that regard if you wish. 🙏

What I meant is that you can write whatever you like on such a page but many users won't follow it strictly anyway and just go by the name itself.
Is more a matter of keeping an eye when people add the ability and follow the requirements when doing it ourselves.

Well,it certainly helps if we at least visibly clearly clarify that the ability should only be used for superhuman levels of accuracy.

I mean, that was something Damage said to add to the page before creating it. That it has to be clear that only superhuman stuff should count. There isn’t much you can add without making it redundant as one paragraph or one line would be the same thing.

This is one of these abilities where people add it as the standard for their characters like Superhuman Physical Characteristics. There isn’t much to do that isn’t keeping an eye on it.

They should be peak human/superhuman in relation to the weapon, you can be a superhuman gunslinger and still not achieve what an irl human does with a sniper.
Then you have superhuman snipers that outpace what their gun should be able to do, or shoot ricochet, control the bullet trajectory, have super accuracy, can land shots in movement or midair, defy physics and such, even if to a lesser, yet supernatural degree.

I get the feeling that this will be hard to police and users are just going to put marksmanship on every person who uses a gun. I can bet my left nut that someone like Walter White is gonna end up having this because they use a gun. 😭

Describe peak human shooting feats
  • There's only 21 confirmed sniper kills in history to have happened at a range of over 1250 meters, with the greatest being at 3540.
  • Simo Häyhä, known as possibly the deadliest sniper in history, killed over 500 enemy soldiers in less than one year of service, all of this without a scope.
  • Olympic shooters and archers are capable of reliably hitting tiny targets at long distances.
  • Bob Munden can draw a revolver and accurately tag multiple targets in one tenth of a second, as well as shoot coins out of the air.
  • Bill Hays can hit small targets blowing in the wind with a slingshot at almost 40 feet of distance.
  • David Adamovich can throw over 100 knives in one minute all with great accuracy.
  • The world record holder for axe throwing can hit a target at over 27 meters of distance.
Something to note is that all of these minus the first two happen in controlled environments and without the stress of combat, and even the first two happened with favorable conditions, so pulling off comparable feats in the heat of battle would be even more impressive.

Does this count as a Marksmanship feat or is it Weapon Mastery or is it a combat intelligence feat or something else entirely.
Also, some more Marksmanship feats I guess.

What do you think of making those the baseline?
I'd call them guide examples rather than strict baseline, but yeah. They should be added to the page along with the caveats Armor mentioned.

Does this count as a Marksmanship feat or is it Weapon Mastery or is it a combat intelligence feat or something else entirely.
Also, some more Marksmanship feats I guess.
Yes, this are top-notch examples of superhuman marksmanship with different items.

Daisuke Jigen, Koichi Zenigata, Fujiko Mine and Lupin III should count, especially the former.

Also its Weapon Mastery still required for characters who its skilled in using types of firearms or Marksmanship alone can be applied with all range weapons?

Last edited:
Also its Weapon Mastery still required for characters who its skilled in using types of firearms or Marksmanship alone be good with all range weapons.
You can have both, or one or the other. Marksmanship doesn’t necessarily use weapons.

If the character is good at using a weapon, then weapon mastery. Being good at a weapon doesn’t mean they hit incredible shots.

If I have a character who can pull off good shots but nothing superhumanly impossible, would they qualify for this ability?

If a gif for the page is needed this scene could be used as it's only 6 second long and show both a good accuracy and planning ahead (as the balls that hit the other balls where fired simultaneously with the first shot that redirected the guy gun). Another good option could be this shot from Roland (who was already mentioned in this thread) that last 3 seconds, or some of the the scenes from the Wanted movie (although I don't have an specific clip in mind as there are various scenes).

Back