• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New Ability: Marksmanship

M3X_2.0

VS Battles
Retired
We currently added the Marksmanship ability to the wiki

Make sure to add it to the characters you know have the ability. We also need more examples for the page. Currently I thought of Legolas.

List of my characters that I should add marksmanship to

So like, is it too late to fuse this with Weapon Mastery? Because the overlap with WM is literally like 99% here

Yeah, when this is now around, what are we going to do about WM for these profiles? Now it kinda makes no sense for this to be on profiles now

Look man, it literally changes nothing. Both pages describes completely different things.

“What are we going to do about WM for these profiles?” Nothing because it remains there as something completely different.

Now, I would like if we could focus on this thread because we’re pasts this discussion.

Yeah, when this is now around, what are we going to do about WM for these profiles? Now it kinda makes no sense for this to be on profiles now
COMBAT EXPERTISE TIME????
Also, being very good with swords, staffs, whips and ten fucktillion other weapons still exists even if that was an actual issue.

COMBAT EXPERTISE TIME????
Also, being very good with swords, staffs, whips and ten fucktillion other weapons still exists even if that was an actual issue.
Then don't even mention weapons that are in use of range in the page period then.

Why? Overlap can exist between abilities (Temp manip and fire manip, elemental manip and ice manip, etc). We could use Goku as an example of energy or explosion manip, even if it's also ki manip. Or Gene as an example of mind manip, even if it could also fall under social influencing.

Also just being able to hit good doesn't even touch upon most aspects of what goes into being good with even just a gun.

I'll add to later:

Moon Knight
Hunter's Moon
Ryo (Aragami)

AYO DIVINE CYBERMANCY!?

325CBFA4A59792230B70E2A3422463E742D89009

Why? Overlap can exist between abilities (Temp manip and fire manip, elemental manip and ice manip, etc). We could use Goku as an example of energy or explosion manip, even if it's also ki manip. Or Gene as an example of mind manip, even if it could also fall under social influencing.
Yeah but the overlap between those abilities is like 2% this is 98% on Marksmanship's side
Also just being able to hit good doesn't even touch upon most aspects of what goes into being good with even just a gun.
Yeah but if you're able to hit good with a gun you still get Weapon Mastery

But those abilities you listed doesn't really overlap with each other. And that's only because Goku can control the effects of ki attacks.
Also just being able to hit good doesn't even touch upon most aspects of what goes into being good with events just a gun.
Being skilled with guns is literally most important for WM, and Marksmanship makes it pretty useless in that part.

But those abilities you listed doesn't really overlap with each other. And that's only because Goku can control the effects of ki attacks.
Elemental Manip and fire, ice, whatever manip is the whole reason why I'm fine with this to begin with, shit is basically the same thing.
And they do, what's the difference between chi manip and energy manip? Mostly semantics.
Being skilled with guns is literally most important for WM, and Marksmanship makes it pretty useless in that part.
Pretty sure we have more sword users than guns tbh. Not withstanding I'm a combat expertise advocator so like...
Yeah but if you're able to hit good with a gun you still get Weapon Mastery
that's because the wiki is run by non-americans who have never used the weapon of freedom in their life.

Elemental Manip and fire, ice, whatever manip is the whole reason why I'm fine with this to begin with, shit is basically the same thing.
And they do, what's the difference between chi manip and energy manip? Mostly semantics.
I mean, Temp manip actually makes sense because it's focusing on the change of temperature between heat and cold simultaneously.
that's because the wiki is run by non-americans who have never used the weapon of freedom in their life.
Do you even know how dangerous gun violence is in America these days?

You usually don't list stuff like Energy Projection and Energy Manip (Or element manip + the elements) for the same feat tho, this is doing that
Pretty sure we have more sword users than guns tbh. Not withstanding I'm a combat expertise advocator so like...
Me too but that's getting rid of the other ones, not just adding something that's 99% the same time

I was originally thinking this is just a subpower of weapon mastery but specific to firearms, arrows, and throwing weapons, but it can also apply to Ki blast users; like Yusuke Urameshi firing his Spirit Gun and him being clever about aiming it to where it bounces off all the right mirror and then finally hit the target.

We currently added the Marksmanship ability to the wiki

Make sure to add it to the characters you know have the ability. We also need more examples for the page. Currently I thought of Legolas.
add "All Archer-class Servants" into the examples, the whole reason they are archers is because of their marksmanship during life, and that gets further augmented as a servant

It’s not a big deal and it’s easy to qualify. Most characters mentioned here do this as something completely random or its their main ability.
...Eh, I'll save it for later. Don't feel like doing a hundred edits if I'm gonna be remaking the pages anyways.

I feel like...personally, for ability pages, we should really stick to characters who are most well-known for the ability in question.

Like, we shouldn't add characters with marksmanship. We should add characters who are well-known for being a marksman.

Someone like...Green Arrow from DC. Robocop from...Robocop. The Terminator(s). Famous characters who primarily fight using the ability in question.

We are not only using well known character as examples, we’re using them + others.

Hajime Nagumo, the profile make it already very clear but he basically have super accuracy with all his weapons (his guns, rifle, gatling, lasers, pile bunker, needle gun, chakrams, bolas, etc), and can retain said accuracy even while telekinetically manipulating hundreds of said weapons. I think that due to his great accuracy that he can use with a great range of weapons he could be a good user example in the page.

Vandree Schnee also have a really good accuracy with bows and throw weapons, even if he don't reach the level of Hajime.

And there are more Arifureta characters that would qualify but these two are the first ones that come to mind.

Is it just me or does the marksmanship page need a better example because Daredevil's feat sets the bar too high for qualifying as marksmanship. Not to mention that I think an animated example should be used that's more blatant and easier to understand. Like a GIF of a character tossing a projectile in a way that it passes through small gaps before reaching its target or intentionally ricocheting a bullet to hit someone or a specific target area.

Did anyone say Erron Black?

Anyway, even though I'm sure it will be impossible to keep it as intended, we should try to give the ability to characters whose aim is truly outstanding, from the threshold of human capabilities to any superhuman degree.

Just being a good shot with guns, bows and thrown shit shouldn't be enough.
Right now I'm talking just about weapons, of course things change when taking into account anything else.

Back